PDA

View Full Version : Habboxlive Radio

Richie
17-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Hey,
I understand there are some server related problems but surely its vital to get it sorted asap. It has been down for hours now and at this rate its going to make things worse for habboxlive.

Could this possibly be the last straw for habboxlive? The djs struggle to maintain 60listeners. I'm sure habboxlive will notice the difference once again as soon as its back.

Thoughts?

Gina
17-09-2010, 06:21 PM
delete this post please :S not happy with it xoxoxox

Dean
18-09-2010, 03:29 PM
I think that they should have a back up SHOUTcast which is hosted on a different server so that if they ever did run into problems like this, then the IP and port would easily be changed and DJ's notified to broadcast on a different server.

gangstaagent1
18-09-2010, 03:31 PM
We just got back up a few hours ago and we're at 40 listeners.. For being up for about 3 hours thats pretty good... and Dean, we do have a backup shoutcast as we are broadcasting on that now.

Josh
18-09-2010, 03:33 PM
It's on a backup server right now. I don't think it is the last straw for HabboxLive, but it will be a big hit to it.

Richie
18-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, they are using my server until the bandwidth (I'm assuming) is sorted. I think its time for habboxlive to start playing dirty like hffm and rob some good djs. Also it might sound ridiculous for a habbo radio station, but try get habboxlive on itunes radio.

Dean
18-09-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, they are using my server until the bandwidth (I'm assuming) is sorted. I think its time for habboxlive to start playing dirty like hffm and rob some good djs. Also it might sound ridiculous for a habbo radio station, but try get habboxlive on itunes radio.

I doubt Habbox has sufficient funding for this to happen.

Richie
18-09-2010, 03:39 PM
I doubt Habbox has sufficient funding for this to happen.

I'm nearly 100% sure its free :P all habbox gotta do is email them.

Mark
18-09-2010, 03:41 PM
I'm nearly 100% sure its free :P all habbox gotta do is email them.

This would be really helpful and very easy marketing!

Jessicrawrr
18-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I Agree with Richie's points, and Itunes radio for habbox would be great!

nvrspk4
19-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Habbox had a podcast on iTunes for a while. And saying its the last straw is a tad melodramatic :P

xxMATTGxx
19-09-2010, 09:01 AM
I know the podcasts on iTunes is free (I think) although I'm not sure how they manage the radio section of the things on iTunes. But in my eyes that wouldn't make a "big" difference but would be something nice to have for the people who use iTunes. Maybe we would get a few new listeners who use the radio section on a daily basis in the application, I will have a look round seeing how Apple manage that though.

Ps. Thanks Richie <33

Milarz
19-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Just realized something, the radio is only working for half the people on Habbox & other people not working for. and i can sure say that it hasnt for the past 19 hours & still.. not working.

Richie
19-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Just realized something, the radio is only working for half the people on Habbox & other people not working for. and i can sure say that it hasnt for the past 19 hours & still.. not working.

It might just be your cache, my cache was playing up for a bit, normally when you restart your internet it fixes or you could do it through the 'run' method.

np matt :P

despect
19-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Jess said that if you can't tune in then you are to empty your cache :) i did that and it works fine for me now.

.x.miss.angel.x
19-09-2010, 11:41 AM
I reset my cache & its still annoying, Poor Radio :( Maybe its the curse of Moi, i come back on habbo & Habbox & BAM problems..

Milarz
19-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Cache? no idea what that is? either way im not talking about it skipping, its actually not working at all.

Grig
20-09-2010, 04:36 AM
^^Your cookies and internet history etc. in the internet options. This is never a good thing though, because every time the radio crashes for days in a row people are just not going to come back and there will be a general listeners drop. Is there an emergency radio for this, and if there was it was put into action pretty late.

scott
20-09-2010, 07:54 AM
^^Your cookies and internet history etc. in the internet options. This is never a good thing though, because every time the radio crashes for days in a row people are just not going to come back and there will be a general listeners drop. Is there an emergency radio for this, and if there was it was put into action pretty late.

Yes there is and it's been on there for 2 days :)!

Calvin
20-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Slightly off topic but since the radio went down someone replaced the stats on Habbox.com with the HabboxLive radio and everytime you go to another page it refreshes so if I put it on mute it keeps coming back, anyone fancy putting the old stats back? :(

9y
20-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Doubt people will even tune in after this.

Its gonna take alot of work to get the listeners back and some people just don't care!

OOPZ

despect
20-09-2010, 03:31 PM

Its gonna take alot of work to get the listeners back and some people just don't care!

OOPZ

Thats not exactly true we had over 70 listeners this weekend :)

xxMATTGxx
20-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Slightly off topic but since the radio went down someone replaced the stats on Habbox.com with the HabboxLive radio and everytime you go to another page it refreshes so if I put it on mute it keeps coming back, anyone fancy putting the old stats back? :(

Sadly for the time being any sort of stats can't be shown on Habbox.com or HabboxLive.com. The old view on both websites will be back once we have the old radio server up and running again, sorry about that.

sammy
20-09-2010, 04:55 PM

OOPZ

lol don't get spiteful

i'm sure it won't have a big effect on hxl, we have a day of events planned pretty soon which should help get a few more listeners so all's good in the hood.

Gina
20-09-2010, 05:37 PM
out of this topic but i just read the posts and is there new stats??????? cos i havnt noticed ;'[

Josh
20-09-2010, 05:58 PM
Okay, can someone explain itunes radio and any help on:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2rqfzgy.png

I really have having to go to the server ip just to view listeners and DJ. Other than that I just use VLC player.

Anyway, I don't think this will hit HxL so much and I don't think we'll see much difference between listeners. Anyone saying that is probably exagerating.

scott
20-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Something like a port needs to be opened on the server for the new radio stats to show but only Jin can do that. So hopefully it wont be down long anyway and the old stats can go back on :p

Josh
20-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Something like a port needs to be opened on the server for the new radio stats to show but only Jin can do that. So hopefully it wont be down long anyway and the old stats can go back on :p

I'm very very very very sure that they were working like 5 hours ago?

xxMATTGxx
20-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm very very very very sure that they were working like 5 hours ago?

I doubt it? The radio plays but the stats shouldn't show at all. :P

despect
20-09-2010, 07:41 PM
they did show for like 10 minutes at like 2ish. :O when i was djing.

Grig
20-09-2010, 08:27 PM
lol don't get spiteful

i'm sure it won't have a big effect on hxl, we have a day of events planned pretty soon which should help get a few more listeners so all's good in the hood.
===
Every little bit of it has an effect. You tell me this when you have 180 +++ listeners again like the case 3/4 of a year ago. HxL used have this Godly reputation of these DJs that were untouchable or incomparable, sure you do this but in a real sense how is it really changing. To me, HabboxLive died when the family and unified spirit died, no matter how much I like Jess and stuff, as she does try and is an ancient part of history :). Although do be fair, it's a general decline in fansite viewership, but excuses should not be made, it's not talking the talk, it's then also walking the walk.

Josh
20-09-2010, 09:07 PM

See. I'm not going crazy.

Richie
21-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Are you sure it wasn't the old stats?

strange if it was the temporary radio stats that appeared because jin would have to open port 8036 for the stats to work.

,Jess,
22-09-2010, 11:07 AM

Oh that would have been when I was checking the normal radio to see if it was working at all, I think anyway.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!