PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 11 Demo

AgnesIO
17-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hey,

Has anyone else tried the demo yet? As a computer user I am really impressed so far, it is a massive improvement from Fifa 10. If you were not aware the demo is available to download, I will give the link below. You can download the demo for PC below, or download it on the XBox 360 or PS3 from their stores.

http://fifa.easports.com/enGB/home.action

Describe
17-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm not sure about Fifa 11, I've played the demo for a good little while to get the overall feel of what it has to offer but I'm just not sure I enjoyed what I experienced. I'm guessing you're impressed by the new heights Fifa has taken on the PC? Apparently it's a lot easier to control players and it is a lot more like console Fifa(s) to play.

I defeated the computer on World Class using Chelsea and that's something I would never be normally do, so I was totally surprised at that. I was dissapointed though, at seeing how the penalties are taken. If any game goes to penalties I'll certainly lose. I've to give "Be a Keeper" more of a chance too but for the five minutes I practised with this in the arena I couldn't save more than three shots. I'm just not sure about it, it does feel really different.

AgnesIO
17-09-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure about Fifa 11, I've played the demo for a good little while to get the overall feel of what it has to offer but I'm just not sure I enjoyed what I experienced. I'm guessing you're impressed by the new heights Fifa has taken on the PC? Apparently it's a lot easier to control players and it is a lot more like console Fifa(s) to play.

I defeated the computer on World Class using Chelsea and that's something I would never be normally do, so I was totally surprised at that. I was dissapointed though, at seeing how the penalties are taken. If any game goes to penalties I'll certainly lose. I've to give "Be a Keeper" more of a chance too but for the five minutes I practised with this in the arena I couldn't save more than three shots. I'm just not sure about it, it does feel really different.

Yeh I guess I am pleased with the PC, as they have finally moved away from the PS2 feel to the game.

I will try the world class thing - although I always have found world class relatively average.

Nalfar
18-09-2010, 06:28 PM
It's going to take a while to get used to.

I'm about to try the PC version now. Even though FIFA 11 PC = FIFA 10 NG.

Zak
21-09-2010, 01:39 AM
I like fifa and all, but they're all pretty much the same and devalue massively after a new one is released!

Nalfar
21-09-2010, 10:23 AM
I like fifa and all, but they're all pretty much the same and devalue massively after a new one is released!
Is there a posting competition going on or something?

AlexOC
21-09-2010, 07:14 PM
The penalties are crap.

The defending is crap.

Freekicks are crap.

ALL CRAP

Nalfar
21-09-2010, 08:42 PM
The penalties are crap.

The defending is crap.

Freekicks are crap.

ALL CRAP
Penalties are fantastic.

Free kicks are terrible.

Defending is good if you know how to defend. Stop holding down A.

Oleh
22-09-2010, 06:38 AM
Most of the people complaining about how bad the game is probably are terrible at playing it anyway.

Defending is much more intelligent now.
Freekicks are much more realistic now seeing as theres Personality+ which i doubt most of you didnt pick up on.
Penalties are bad but much more rewarding than a simple hold left analog stick diagonally right and hold b for a bit and watch it go in top corner flawlessly

Stitch
22-09-2010, 11:03 AM
I think the penalties are great. It actually takes a bit of effort and skill to score a penalty this time rather than easily being able to hit it in the top corner. The only bad thing is it's too easy to win penalty shoot outs because even if I make a few mistakes, the AI manage to miss them with decent penalty takers (e.g. trying to do stutter shots and blasting them over once or twice).

Rock
22-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Graphics are good.

Passing system is new, don't know if it is good enough yet.

Freekicks are too easy.

Defenders are TOO good. They can make tackles from absolutely nowhere and it really annoys me. I can't seem to able to play on the 'Tele' screen anymore because of how annoyingly good the defenders are and I just can't find space.

Penalties are really good. I like the new system they are using.

All in all I am not too sure about the game.

Jam
22-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Everything is better, penalties will still take some time to get used to after using the same system for about 11 years.

ihatehash
29-09-2010, 09:36 AM
are the penalties like the one in the world cup game?

Nalfar
29-09-2010, 07:37 PM
are the penalties like the one in the world cup game?
yessur.

best innovation in a fifa game for a long time.

Matthew
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
I downloaded the 360 demo and I quite like it :P

I love the graphics, but passing is quite slow imo, its really hard to start a counter attack or something because the passing is slow and the opposition can pretty much tackle you from anywhere.

I love the defending though, and i spent ages just messing around on the 1v1 practise mode xP

might buy it when the price lowers a bit

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!