PDA

View Full Version : What do you call people who look after Donkeys?

superstar911
18-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Hey

Need quick help, what the correct term for someone who looks after Donkey's? (Please no one say Shrek, I've heard that joke about twenty times in my quest to find out what they're called.)

I'll +Rep. Sorry if this is the wrong category, it's been a while since I've been on the boards and the 'Animals' section is gone.

Thanks.

Special
18-09-2010, 01:19 PM
there isn't a specific name for it

wixard
18-09-2010, 01:20 PM
why do you want/need to know this

Imosae
18-09-2010, 01:25 PM
shrek lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Jamesy (Forum Manager): Please do not make pointless posts.

Neversoft
18-09-2010, 01:42 PM
A donkey minder?

Technologic
18-09-2010, 03:00 PM
ass farmers

Pyroka
18-09-2010, 03:01 PM
mexicans :S

GommeInc
18-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Isn't it something like "donkey herder", as there is no real name for it? :S

Apple
18-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Why do you want to know this, are you interested in looking after donkeys?

superstar911
18-09-2010, 08:53 PM
It's research for a screenplay I'm writing, plays no real significance to the story, just needed as a reference for an off beat joke. Still that doesn't even matter any more, the line will probably get cut after the first rewrite, but now that I've begun searching I can't stop until I know. There has got to be a name for it. There;s a name for everything. There's a name for people who are afraid of music (Melophobia), there's got to be a name for people who look after donkey's.

flatface
18-09-2010, 09:07 PM
donkey keeper

Apple
18-09-2010, 09:14 PM
It's research for a screenplay I'm writing, plays no real significance to the story, just needed as a reference for an off beat joke. Still that doesn't even matter any more, the line will probably get cut after the first rewrite, but now that I've begun searching I can't stop until I know. There has got to be a name for it. There;s a name for everything. There's a name for people who are afraid of music (Melophobia), there's got to be a name for people who look after donkey's.

There is even a name for the fear of long words (hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia) but I am afraid there doesn't seem to be a name for this. Perhaps you could go onto donkey sponsorship sites and see if they mention anything about the name of people who look after them. Or go on ebay or wherever to see if anyone is selling a donkey that you can ask. (a)

RedStratocas
19-09-2010, 10:56 PM

any "phobia" name is just a pseudo-word, as all you have to do is find the latin root of the word of the thing someone is afraid of then add "phobia" to the end. but those arent even real words. theres not a word for everything. theres languages that have words for things that we dont in english. for example "schadenfreude" in german means the pleasure you get from other people's misfortune. there's no english equivalent to that word. language would be way too confusing if we had a very specific word for every possible thing. there's things we dont need words for. like a word for someone who looks after donkeys. we dont need a specific word for that, just saying "someone who takes care of donkeys" is good enough.

Phil
21-09-2010, 11:09 PM
When you search "What do you call someone who looks after donkeys" in google this thread is the first hit. But I would assume it's like a donkey farmer or something?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!