PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3GS

JACKTARD
19-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I've got one which is limited to o2 and I plan to take it to be unlocked within the next couple of days. It was my dad's so I've done the reset which erases all data etc and now it says that it needs a compatible sim without a pin lock to turn on but I don't have one so will the shop which I go to to unlock the phone be able to do it even though you can't properly turn it on? The information you get from the screen which comes up atm is the IMEI number and the ICCID number.

Thaaanks :) +reps (Y)

flatface
19-09-2010, 05:42 PM
yeh I think, with mine they needed the code on the back of the sim (which they will give you) the mobile number and IMEI number

JACKTARD
19-09-2010, 05:51 PM
You mean an o2 sim just to unlock the device or one which I'll need to keep using?

I've got a 3 sim on contract which I wanted to use with the iPhone because there's another 16 months left on the contract with this sim.

flatface
19-09-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh when the phones unlocked, I guess the 3 sim will work

JACKTARD
19-09-2010, 06:11 PM
yeah I thought so :P

But I just wanted to know if they'll be able to unlock it if the screen looks like this

http://www.techiechips.com/wp-content/uploads/image/Iphone-3g-activating-graphic1.jpg

Apple
19-09-2010, 07:42 PM
If you had an iphone that was locked to o2 for example, if you tried putting a t-mobile sim card in you would end up getting a screen like the pic you posted. You can jailbreak/unlock the iphone yourself via online programs to make it work on any network. Sorry just a little confused so thought I'd explain the basics. :P

Nikkkkkki
19-09-2010, 07:55 PM
Heyy:)
I'm a bit confused what you mean:3
But anyway, hope this helps:
I have an iPhone 3GS, I kept locking mine by accident, forgetting my pass key and always letting it run out of battery.
If I think I know what your on about...
If you go back to the shop and say I need you to re-set my lock key, they'll do it, and I would advise re-setting it to a new one you would remember.
For EG: mines... 0000
Easy to remember?:D
Anyway, with the sim i'm not sure...
mines O2 aswel,
It would say: O2-UK at the top right?
If not, then it's prob not an O2 sim:L
I'm a bit confused, this probably didn't help but worth a try:L
Hope you get it fixed:)

Btw, there is a site you can go to that helps you unlock it, you just put in your phone number and yh..
But I can't remember the URL so I'm no help:'<

Rapidshare
20-09-2010, 04:54 PM
Only unlocked by software, PM me for help.

JACKTARD
20-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I've sorted it now, I think...

Because it was updated to 4.1 it means that it can't be jailbroken or unlocked by a 3rd party so I am doing it the official O2 way by putting a pay as you go sim into it with £15 credit and unlocking it via the unlock website which I can do now that I have a sim.

+reps to you lot :) thaanks :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!