PDA

View Full Version : How to "hack" my school computers

Apple
21-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I have so many lessons involving computers now and half of the time they block the internet using vision client. When the internet is on, I always have a proxy to use so going on my fav sites that are blocked isn't a problem. It's just when they block the internet completely that annoys me. I have already tried using process explorer (a task manager program I put onto a memory stick) however even when trying to end the vision client process it says access denied. I have even tried making a new account on command then giving it admin powers but even that says access denied. There must be something I can do... What we are learning is of no interest or use to me and I consider myself to be pretty good on computers anyway, I leave school soon so it really doesn't bother me if I get excluded or anything (which I won't because my school is soft). Thanks!

Luke
21-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Word of warning - they can get the police involved - i know (Data Protection Act etc)
but have you tried unticking use a proxy in internet option, if they're dumb enough to let you run processes off external media, that'll be wideopen. 8-)

Apple
21-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Word of warning - they can get the police involved - i know (Data Protection Act etc)
but have you tried unticking use a proxy in internet option, if they're dumb enough to let you run processes off external media, that'll be wideopen. 8-)

That's worth a try, might just get lucky. Thanks. :P

Recursion
21-09-2010, 05:56 PM
The chances are they block internet access on a room/pc/user based level so it'll be difficult to get around. The way schools in my county do it is to block individual users at router (ISA Server) level which cannot be circumvented because you have to go through the server to get out onto the internet.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!