PDA

View Full Version : Console Aim-Assist

[Chris]
21-09-2010, 11:59 PM
So, i was talking with a mate about Aim-Assist on consoles.

Personally, i think there should be an option to turn it off - sure, your putting yourself at a disadvantage; But that disadvantage is personal preference. I mean, you shouldnt be forced to use it, because its harder to use. But then again, you should be able to NOT use it?

Inb4 GET A PC.

Views?

Camy
22-09-2010, 12:15 AM
There is an option to turn aim assist off...

Moh
22-09-2010, 12:23 AM
This, most games let you turn it off :P

samsaBEAR
22-09-2010, 12:45 AM
I wish games had their own built in option. Sure it does help sometimes if you don't see people in time, but I've lost count of the amount of times MW2 (for example) has locked me on to some guy who's in the area and I've been killed by the person I was meant to kill

Nalfar
22-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Didn't even know it was on.

[Chris]
22-09-2010, 03:46 PM

This, most games let you turn it off :P

On single player yeah, Multiplayer on MW2 doesnt allow you to turn it off.

Thats what i mean, i think you should have the option to disable it..

Jam
22-09-2010, 08:20 PM
;6746516']On single player yeah, Multiplayer on MW2 doesnt allow you to turn it off.

But most people see it as the norm, so there isn't really a need for it. Plus it is better when everyone is using the same system so there are no advantages bar experience with the game/s.

[Chris]
22-09-2010, 11:17 PM
But most people see it as the norm, so there isn't really a need for it. Plus it is better when everyone is using the same system so there are no advantages bar experience with the game/s.

Well, in a way - i would see it as putting yourself at a DISADVANTAGE. Although, i feel that it would make you a more skilled player, But thats for you to choose?

Because i feel that its kinda cheap when you shoot away from someone and the crosshair moves over to compensate.
I feel that if you miss, you miss. Get better.

Camy
22-09-2010, 11:48 PM
;6746516']On single player yeah, Multiplayer on MW2 doesnt allow you to turn it off.

Really? I thought it had it online aswell, I'm almost certain that cod4 did.

samsaBEAR
23-09-2010, 09:12 AM
;6747104']Well, in a way - i would see it as putting yourself at a DISADVANTAGE. Although, i feel that it would make you a more skilled player, But thats for you to choose?

Because i feel that its kinda cheap when you shoot away from someone and the crosshair moves over to compensate.
I feel that if you miss, you miss. Get better.
My thoughts exactly. Yeah, getting used to it turning off will probably take a while, but it'll better knowing that I got a sweet shot if it wasn't on. I heard talks that Black Ops was gonna let you turn it off, so hopefully that could pave the way for other games

PaulMacC
23-09-2010, 06:42 PM
You'd struggle a lot without aim assist in CoD. Trust me. My friend used his JTAG to turn it off.

[Chris]
23-09-2010, 06:59 PM
You'd struggle a lot without aim assist in CoD. Trust me. My friend used his JTAG to turn it off.

To be honest, i'd sacrafice my k/d to get better..

I dont care for mw2 really, and it'd be a change

kk.
23-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Metal gear doesnt have an aim assist. Well it does, but its not on automatically

Apple
23-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I think game developers implement auto-aim to make their games more playable for all age groups and experience levels.

[Chris]
23-09-2010, 09:48 PM
I think game developers implement auto-aim to make their games more playable for all age groups and experience levels.

They do *12 year olds on MW2 anyone?* But thats why i said GIVE THE OPTION TO ENABLE/DISABLE it, You know.. For people who dont want the game to practically play its self.

samsaBEAR
25-09-2010, 08:29 AM
;6747892']They do *12 year olds on MW2 anyone?* But thats why i said GIVE THE OPTION TO ENABLE/DISABLE it, You know.. For people who dont want the game to practically play its self.
To be fair, you'd have to take out a **** load more stuff for MW2 to stop doing that haha

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!