PDA

View Full Version : Is plastic really fantasic?

Richie
22-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Plastic surgery - celebrity's spend piles of money on it every year, is it really worth it though? I think it just makes the person look even more fake. Surely their money could go elsewhere. In my opinion, anyone who has to go to drastic measures to "look good" really underestimate their appearance.

Is plastic fantastic or just drastic?

Special
22-09-2010, 03:30 PM
if you genuinly do look very ugly naturally then yes i agree with it however if it seems pointless and the celebrity really doesn't need it then i don't agree with it. but it's their choice ultimately

buttons
22-09-2010, 04:35 PM
ofcourse it is
there's no excuse to be ugly, you don't necessarily need plastic surgery, just find what works for you.
i personally wouldn't date someone who had it though, don't want my babies being deformed and wonder why (NO they won't be deformed because of me i am flawless).
& no their money couldn't go elsewhere, beautiful people earn more money so it's just a little investment that's all.

i'm not being shallow, i'm being realistic. ugly people will disagree but that's okay.
UNPOPULAR OPINIONS, I HAVE THEM.

FlyingJesus
22-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Anything that makes people prettier is good

RandomManJay
22-09-2010, 05:46 PM
If they're major changes which would genuinely make the person happy then yes I think its acceptable. But if they do it to every single imperfection then no. If we strip away everything thats "imperfect" about us, we loose the image of who we are to others and ourselves. We should embrace our flaws, not destroy or wipe them away.

Apple
22-09-2010, 07:49 PM
It makes people look fake and weird, Unless you have a crooked nose or unequal cheekbones or something then there is no need, to make yourself look younger isn't really an excuse.

Sharon
22-09-2010, 08:12 PM
If someone is genuinely depressed over it. Say your breasts were just flat (why am I thinking of.. ah you should know.) and you really hated it and you HAD the money go for it. If your gonna start going AWOL for the money just so you can get surgery it's just not good.

Also if you go over the top with full botox.. breats and nose etc. (just Katie Price basically) just no.. you look like an deflated orange.

Apple
22-09-2010, 08:19 PM
If someone is genuinely depressed over it. Say your breasts were just flat (why am I thinking of.. ah you should know.) and you really hated it and you HAD the money go for it. If your gonna start going AWOL for the money just so you can get surgery it's just not good.

Also if you go over the top with full botox.. breats and nose etc. (just Katie Price basically) just no.. you look like an deflated orange.

Yeh hate woman with botox'd lips, they look so disgusting...

Samantha
29-09-2010, 01:58 PM
I feel that Plastic surgery is hardly ever 'ok' and it doesn't make you look 'fantastic'. I believe that if you have a physical condition like Ashley Tisdale who needed to have plastic surgery on her nose to make her breathe more fluently, then yes it's ok.
If it's more of a life and death situation - it's fine.
However, I don't agree with it, if it's like a wim, and people think they are ugly so they go for it.
Firstly, I bet Jordan wasn't ugly before she had it done, people have it done to make themselves look 'better' but what is better? No one really knows, everyone to their own, like people think that people who have muscles and six packs are insanely hot, but I don't.
Everyone is good looking.

Also, if they are ugly they wouldn't really be a celebrity would they?

KyoraStryker
30-09-2010, 02:11 AM
I'm not against it. Sure, go ahead celebs. Spend your nearly limitless money on stuff to make you look better, see if I care. Won't change my opinions on you if you're a terrible actor/artist/athlete/etc.

Nixt
30-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Providing it makes someone look better then yeah it's great. So basically providing it is used in Moderation and doesn't result in a Pete Burns-esque appearance.

karter
30-09-2010, 02:36 PM
I don't know what wrong in a surgery!!?!! It Beautifies your face , and has no side effects (if all goes well :P )
People just make a lot of fuss about this , saying that celeb has more plastic than a plastic bag , why do you care? It's their face , not yours .

KyoraStryker
30-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't know what wrong in a surgery!!?!! It Beautifies your face , and has no side effects (if all goes well :P )
People just make a lot of fuss about this , saying that celeb has more plastic than a plastic bag , why do you care? It's their face , not yours .

No side effects? Apparently, you've never watched the TV series Nip/Tuck. ;)

RedStratocas
30-09-2010, 09:25 PM
well who are you to judge really. its their lives and money they can do what they want. and in celebrity industries, its completely understandable as looks count for a hell of a lot. people who are so against it always point to people like michael jackson or whatever and say oh it looks so bad, but dont realize that many many many celebrities, and probably most women celebrities nowadays, have had at least some plastic surgery. its just that some people go overboard with it.

Samantha
30-09-2010, 09:27 PM
Lol @ no side effects. Kart it's SURGERY people die in SURGERY, it's just stupid, you should be happy with what you have, you shouldn't have to pay loads to change that.
Selfish people have plastic surgery, they don't consider what may happen, and they don't seem to realise that sometimes their other half doesn't want them to have it done, and they don't listen to them and go through with it anyway. A relationship shouldn't be based on this, it should be a mutual decision.

it beautifies the face...? No it doesn't Jordan, Pete Burns and Michael Jackson are key examples here. It just makes you look trampy, unbalanced and stupid.
I don't care if you disagree, it's a debate, I am voicing my opinion and my opinion is that people don't consider the dangers of surgery. You should only have it done if you are in desparate need and it could be fatal if you don't.

Some people may go overboard with it, but a fact is they shouldn't have started in the first place, they just wasted money.
You don't need plastic surgery to be a Celebrity many people haven't had it done and they are gorgeous, and I bet most celebrities are gorgeous if they haven't done something stupid to themselves.

Also, it's not all about celebrities it's about everyone, everyone may consider it at some point in life, but can you trust that it's going to work? No. Can you trust the surgeon, a bit, but can you be 100% sure that they will not naff it up, yet again no.

Basically everyone has their opinions and I have mine, overall, I think plastic surgery is just stupid.

Who are we to judge? We are the judge when it comes to celebrities and stuff, they prance about in magazines thinking they have to be nude and show a lot of flesh to be pretty and get everyone's attention; they don't. Also, we are the judge as we look upto them in some cases, we want to be like them, we want to do what they do, and some people will, they will not stop at any lengths to look as botoxed as Jordan. That's just an example

RedStratocas
30-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Lol @ no side effects. Kart it's SURGERY people die in SURGERY, it's just stupid, you should be happy with what you have, you shouldn't have to pay loads to change that.
Selfish people have plastic surgery, they don't consider what may happen, and they don't seem to realise that sometimes their other half doesn't want them to have it done, and they don't listen to them and go through with it anyway. A relationship shouldn't be based on this, it should be a mutual decision.

it beautifies the face...? No it doesn't Jordan, Pete Burns and Michael Jackson are key examples here. It just makes you look trampy, unbalanced and stupid.
I don't care if you disagree, it's a debate, I am voicing my opinion and my opinion is that people don't consider the dangers of surgery. You should only have it done if you are in desparate need and it could be fatal if you don't.

you could say "you should be happy with what you have" about anything. "you dont need to go to an amusement park, thats just stupid, you should be happy with what you have." see? its pretty easy.

and you're just making up highly specific irrelevant scenarios simply to fit your view lol. firstly, most people who have plastic surgery are single, yeah? if they were married or in a committed relationship, why would they feel the need to pay loads of money to make themselves look better to someone who they are already with? and even in the instances where married people do want plastic surgery, what makes you think that a legitimate married couple wouldnt talk over the procedure before its done? i dont know where you got this idea that people who get plastic surgery would just do it without talking to their partner (again, if they even have one) about it first as if theyre all selfish idiots?

like i said above, people against plastic surgery always point to people like michael jackson but dont consider (or, most likely, realize) the fact that a very large portion of celebrities especially women, get plastic surgery and it comes out looking good. you only think of plastic surgery when you see someone whos gotten too much like michael jackson. but no one looks at say, jennifer aniston, and thinks "oh she has had plastic surgery," because she looks good and natural.

and quit the whole "i dont care what you say its my opinion" attitude. OBVIOUSLY its your opinion, no one is arguing with you that you arent allowed to have an opinion lol. calm down.

karter
01-10-2010, 05:20 AM
David , I clearly specified if all goes well... Deaths during surgeries are rare

GommeInc
01-10-2010, 08:51 AM
There's definitely a limit to how much surgery you have. In my opinion, small "tweaks" to your appearance are okay like removing moles and blemishes, re-aligning noses and 'brows, but completely changing your appearance with a new nose, lips and cheeks tends to make you look pretty dreadful, but it does depend on how good the surgery was. Breast surgery is an interesting subject too, as that tends to have little in the way of "over-doing" it... If anything, it's when you start hacking them off or blowing them up to an unnatural size that makes them distasteful and a sin to look at :P

Perhaps that's what it comes down, what looks "natural". Big lips (Pete Burns) and big boobs (Jordan, before Katie started reducing them) look unnatural and unappealing, and it does make you wonder why they had the surgery when it doesn't really "add" anything in terms of look and style, it's just mass but not thought. If it's for health and medical reasons, like bleaching the skin or fixing the skin, then it's okay, but for the sake of false vanity it comes off as unattractive and unappealing, and gives off an opposite effect to what was intended. Some argue they do it for looks, but many actually mean they do it for attention, and it depends what you have as a view of "attention", and I think scaring the hell out of people on the street doesn't really do it the right way :P

In short, it's their money and they can do what they want, but naturally with any claim like "I do it to improve my appearance" does bring up opinion.

Recursion
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
No, I like my boobs 100% natural kfnx ;l

But seriously, it's just rediculous, unless it's a serious burn injury or something no one should get plastic surgery, it's totally unneeded and is encouraged by the beauty industry ;l

,elaboratedolls
01-10-2010, 04:44 PM
It's stupid.
If you want your boobs to be bigger, wait. Don't waste thousands of pounds to just make you look fake.
I'd say if you're just going to get half a cup larger boobs, then I guess that would be okay... but to get them GIANT, you're just going to look like a girl Justin Beiber - fake
But guys, PLEASE don't have plastic surgery? x

Samantha
01-10-2010, 04:58 PM
It's stupid.
If you want your boobs to be bigger, wait. Don't waste thousands of pounds to just make you look fake.
I'd say if you're just going to get half a cup larger boobs, then I guess that would be okay... but to get them GIANT, you're just going to look like a girl Justin Beiber - fake
But guys, PLEASE don't have plastic surgery? x

Agreed about the boob sizes, saying your an A cup, no harm in going to a B or something :D

KyoraStryker
02-10-2010, 02:14 AM
I see no reason why I'd ever get plastic surgery. Unless it was for some life-threatening condition, which I think was mentioned at one point in this thread.

I'm actually not like typical guys either, where boob and rear-end sizes are my personal kryptonite. If you've got an A cup and a flat backside, I don't care.

In the end, I think people should be happy with what they're naturally given. Even plastic surgery to get larger ta-tas is partially frowned upon for me.

SarahVictoriaaa
02-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Its just fake :/ No need in it what so ever.

I say you should just grow old gracefully :) x

Metric1
07-10-2010, 07:53 PM
I have actually HAD plastic surgery so I can say plastic IS fantastic.

Wig44.
10-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I can understand why a woman would get plastic surgery (though I think most over do it) and that is entirely down to us men, we place such a great value on female physicality so if a woman is ugly/flat/whatever it can be very hard for her. Now, this isn't our fault since instictively we want to find the best mate so we can have the best offspring.

ChickenFaces
11-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Don't pull a Heidi Montag. That's all I have to say.

http://www.tabloidy.com/tabloidy/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Heidi-Montag-before-after.jpg

I mean come on, are you serious?

KyoraStryker
11-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Don't pull a Heidi Montag. That's all I have to say.

http://www.tabloidy.com/tabloidy/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Heidi-Montag-before-after.jpg

I mean come on, are you serious?

Really? She's gotta have back problems or something.

On a serious note, this is just excessive. Unless she was worried about getting into a car with no airbags. In which case, she's totally prepared.

Oleh
11-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Maybe if the surgery allowed me eternal life and to be in the best physical shape i could be for eternity. then i would never consider it.

Camy
12-10-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't really have a problem with it tbh. If that's what people want to do, they should be allowed to. Alot of the time it gives them self confidence, and it's not really harming anyone else.

KyoraStryker
12-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I don't really have a problem with it tbh. If that's what people want to do, they should be allowed to. Alot of the time it gives them self confidence, and it's not really harming anyone else.

Seems to be the general consensus, although a lot of people feel that there are times where it can get a little excessive.

Suspective
14-10-2010, 08:41 AM
I've had medical plastic surgery to melt my skin together (I've got a scar) from years ago when I put my hand through glass.

It is in the medical sense.

KyoraStryker
15-10-2010, 02:39 AM
I've had medical plastic surgery to melt my skin together (I've got a scar) from years ago when I put my hand through glass.

It is in the medical sense.

In which case, most of us see that as perfectly acceptable.

Conservative,
15-10-2010, 06:13 PM
I'm having Plastic surgery, but not on my genitalia...I have something medical which needs removing via plastic surgery...so here's my opinion...

If it's for medical/health issues, then by all means have it, if it's just to make your boobs bigger or w/e...imo, I don't think it's particularly worth it, but it's up to you :)

mr.iain
15-10-2010, 09:07 PM
i think its ok in moderation. but like yeh dont go all heidi on me

karter
16-10-2010, 04:15 AM
I am surprised to know that when it comes to plastic , People only think of a Boob job or A Celeb's plastic Surgery , then i must remind you that it is plastic which helps those Injured in accidents / fires atc.
For them , Plastic isn't a choice , It is a necessary thing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!