PDA

View Full Version : Monthly highest poster competitions

Apple
23-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I think that it would be great if every month when you announce the Member of The Month, you also have a poster of the month. The winner could receive 1 months free VIP and the same member cannot win for two months in a row so it would go to the next highest poster. If management feels that the highest poster posted too many times in threads such as "What are you listening to?" or "What are you currently eating?" etc then they could be disqualified from winning that month. Because after all it is a forum so more competitions to do with posting would be great. :D

lTraditional
23-09-2010, 12:02 PM
I really do think that it is a fantastic idea. Maybe this should come into consideration as loads of people will be wanting to get high post counts then!

Martin
23-09-2010, 12:13 PM
What an excellent idea, Apple! :) I think this could definitely be implemented and would be another way of rewarding people and also encourage posting at the same time.

As you say, I think we could have it so that if a member continuously posts in the threads such as "what are you eating, drinking, listening to etc" then as you say they would be imune from winning the compeition. This would just have to be monitored really.

Overall I think this is a great idea, and should do the forum some good, and act as a reward at the same time. Kind of like a permanent posting compeition really.

James has just said on msn that he could be able to code something which would make it easy to track etc, and so this should be quite easy to do.

We will discuss this, and it could very well be implemented soon! :)

+Rep for the idea!

Mathew
23-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Really like this idea. If there's spam, it will just be tackled in the same way it does normally :)

+rep :P

Jamesy
23-09-2010, 04:59 PM
The script's done so we can see who's got the most over the month. I guess it will be good to start it next month to make it fair :)

Minstrels
23-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Does the script include posts in spam/games

Jamesy
23-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Does the script include posts in spam/games

Nope, only posts in forums that rise in post count

--ss--
23-09-2010, 06:05 PM
What that'll do is increase the amount of people posting in the Welcome/Goodbye threads, The Runescape achievements and the What are you listening to threads (presuming post counts still go up in those sections lol).

Martin
23-09-2010, 06:14 PM
What that'll do is increase the amount of people posting in the Welcome/Goodbye threads, The Runescape achievements and the What are you listening to threads (presuming post counts still go up in those sections lol).

Yeah it most likely will, although as we mentioned in this thread, that will be closely monitored, and such spamming of these threads will (and is not) permitted as a main cause to increase post count.

If members are found to be abusing such threads in this competition then they will be disqualified. It's really as Forum managements discretion, but I can see what you mean in that these threads will probably be abused.

Inseriousity.
23-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Never really been a fan of the posting competitions. Generally it's just two people at the top battling it out and posting anywhere and everywhere with no real substance/quality to their posts. The rest are like 'oh we're not gonna beat that' or just don't care enough to really get competitive about it. Short term, it'd probably work but then the honeymoon period would soon die out, imo. :(

Apple
23-09-2010, 08:43 PM
The script's done so we can see who's got the most over the month. I guess it will be good to start it next month to make it fair :)
Great! :)

Never really been a fan of the posting competitions. Generally it's just two people at the top battling it out and posting anywhere and everywhere with no real substance/quality to their posts. The rest are like 'oh we're not gonna beat that' or just don't care enough to really get competitive about it. Short term, it'd probably work but then the honeymoon period would soon die out, imo. :(

At first there probably will be a lot of competitive people who post a lot but I am sure it will eventually balance out as the "novelty" wears off, meaning people that have a high post quality but also post a lot will start to see themselves winning which is what we want really.

Thanks for all the comments guys! :)

Jamesy
23-09-2010, 08:50 PM

We're not going to show the rankings over the month, so hopefully it won't be two people battling it out - but more an incentive to post more alongside member of the month :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!