PDA

View Full Version : Civilisation V

Josh
24-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Released today (on steam anyway)... anyone bought it or "tried it" yet? I'm gonna download it and try it before I buy. However, someone has a raw LP on youtube and it's already up to video 30 and it looks good. :)

I don't usually go for turn-based games but this is an exception.

Thoughts/

Dan2nd
24-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I have it and am really enjoying it, although it is different to Civ 4 I'm getting used to it and have so far had fun :)

Stephen
26-09-2010, 03:14 PM
can someone tell me how to have fun with this game? I played for 10 minutes and it seems pretty ****. Actually it seems like the worst game ive played this year. Am I doing it wrong?

Nalfar
26-09-2010, 04:04 PM
I hated it. It made me install Empire Earth 2 again, having much more fun.

Stephen
26-09-2010, 04:20 PM
i dont understand the strategic fun about it.. You walk 2 paces and have to click the end turn button.. do something.. end turn.. do something.. end turn. I'd rather play monopoly

Stephen
26-09-2010, 08:09 PM
does it autosave cos i just played abit to see if i could get into it and i did and it crashed and ill rageuninstall if it doesn't save

Stephen
27-09-2010, 04:24 PM
triple posts woo. No, more information:

It savedddddddd. K so i got into this war with egypt and im allies with that fat bloke with the turban. And im allies with russia who disagrees with my war with egypt cos they're scared so she's all like no i don't want to help you blahblah. This game sucks but i like it so far. I wanna get guns and planes though so i can destroy egypt

Josh
28-09-2010, 06:30 PM
I played it nonstop for a day or two. (ofc i slept) and I got to a stage I was too powerful and had so much stuff I actually quit and restart. I also have a fairly good computer (not the best) and there was a point my game froze every turn because there was so much happening. (mainly workers upgrading to railroad)

there's no challenge on normal...

+ allies and stuff is so complicated... they dont do stuff u want them to.

Stephen
28-09-2010, 06:42 PM
i suck with it because its my first time playing these games. I waited until 1840 to go to war with a city. Now I'm surrounded by russia who has like 10 cities, guns and everything and I still have long swordsman. Then I got minus money so my troops started disappearing so i had to attack other cities. But now because im boxed in by russia I have like no chance if russia decides to attack me so I'm gonna try and form an alliance with egypt because he is bigger than russia and has better troops AND he wants to destroy russia so that could help me expand

Josh
28-09-2010, 06:48 PM
My allies never want to fight anyone. There was a point in the game where I had so much money, I purposely went for railroads and making heaps of workers so I could network my CONTINENT.

dbgtz
28-09-2010, 06:50 PM
would this be worth buying? I'm interested in getting an RTS :P

Stephen
28-09-2010, 07:00 PM
My allies never want to fight anyone. There was a point in the game where I had so much money, I purposely went for railroads and making heaps of workers so I could network my CONTINENT.

Mine won't stop with the wars its annoying lol. I got 24/7 messages from countries asking to open borders all the time because they can't get to their enemy without passing my border

would this be worth buying? I'm interested in getting an RTS :P

I thought it was crap at first but when I got into it, it's pretty funny. My processor is crap with it though. It freezes for like 10 seconds before doing stuff when I go to my next turn which is annoying

Nemo
28-09-2010, 07:04 PM
i think ima download the demo off steam n see how i like it

Josh
28-09-2010, 07:14 PM
Mr Selena, this ain't a Real Time Strategy, just a turn based game. :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!