PDA

View Full Version : What do you think next year's market share is going to be?

Moh
24-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Recently the PS3 has started to out-sell the Xbox - but now MS have released the Slim, what will happen? :P

http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/kowenicki/yoy060310.jpg

Josh
24-09-2010, 11:43 AM
I think Kinect is going to do better than the Move so MS could be back in it.

Moh
24-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I think Kinect is going to do better than the Move so MS could be back in it.
oops, forgot to mention the Kinect & Move :P

I think at first they will both sell, but after a while nobody will really want control less gaming. The top selling games are 3rd person shooter games after all :P

dbgtz
24-09-2010, 02:47 PM
Kinect wont move many 360 units. Gran turismo will be a console mover. I think it's impossible to tell next year though, there isn't really any game that will make people buy a console for as alot i've seen are sequels or just not that big. I bet the 360s fad will die down at xmas and itll be a mix between who sells best each week.

Nalfar
24-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Gran turismo will be a console mover.
i gave up reading after this

Stitch
24-09-2010, 07:31 PM
I can see this thread turning into an argument lol

dbgtz
24-09-2010, 07:54 PM
i gave up reading after this

it will move hardware, it is a major release. Im not speaking MiiLii0n5 but it will boost it a little to push it to top for like a week or so.

Middlesbrough
28-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I think kinect will definately outsell move mainly because its been advertised much much more

Nalfar
28-09-2010, 09:30 PM
it will move hardware, it is a major release. Im not speaking MiiLii0n5 but it will boost it a little to push it to top for like a week or so.
ok.

so will halo and fable and forza and gears.

dbgtz
29-09-2010, 06:20 AM
ok.

If it does no where near as much. All of those games have had a full release in the series already therefore those who want it will most likely have the console already. GT5p doesn't count because no where near the amount of people who will buy the full game had bought that.

Nalfar
29-09-2010, 09:12 AM
forza 2 and forza 3
halo 3, halo odst and halo reach
gears 1 and gears 2

all these games have been released in the 10,000 years it has taken gran turismo to be released.

dbgtz
29-09-2010, 05:31 PM
forza 2 and forza 3
halo 3, halo odst and halo reach
gears 1 and gears 2

all these games have been released in the 10,000 years it has taken gran turismo to be released.

Dude are you seriously just ignoring me? THIS IS NOT A "WHO CAN DO THE MOST EXCLUSIVES IN A COUPLE OF YEARS" I'm simply explaining how gran turismo will move consoles, like halo 3 did. GT games sell around the 10m mark and this is likely to push some hardware along with it. Halo Reach would not push as much as those who have halo 3 are the ones likely to buy reach not a whole new market purchasing new consoles purely for reach. Gears wouldn't push much as for the same reason of reach & the fact it is a new game to this generation. Forza 1 was not big enough last gen to push [large amounts of] 360 hardware in forza 2 sales (imo) and forza 3+ already had the userbase of forza 2. Thats my reckoning. Never have I said anything like GT5 IS DA BEST EXCLUSIVE EVA I'm just saying it'll move hardware, which it will as it's probably gonna be the PS3s biggest selling [exclusive] title.

AgnesIO
03-10-2010, 06:10 PM
ok.

My god.

You said it yourself in another post. The reason GT5 will sell even more than past GT games is because of the really long wait. This imo has caused even more hype that is has finally been released. Gran Turismo has always been a massive, game, please just think about things before you post :l

---------- Post added 03-10-2010 at 07:10 PM ----------

ok.

My god.

You said it yourself in another post. The reason GT5 will sell even more than past GT games is because of the really long wait. This imo has caused even more hype that is has finally been released. Gran Turismo has always been a massive, game, please just think about things before you post :l

marriott0.01
03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Xbox 360 continues to have more exclusives than PS3, therefore I can see Xbox holding onto their larger market share than PS3. Also Kinect is going to boost sales as well. But like the Wii loads of people now how the 360, so sales will undoubtedly slow, but I think as more and more people see what Xbox has to offer they'll jump on the bandwagon for Kinect and the exclusives.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!