PDA

View Full Version : Spotify Premium

AgnesIO
24-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Finally bought a month yesterday evening.

Got to say so far I am really impressed. Computer wise there isn't much to say. Mobile mode on the other hand - brilliant! Really good to have on my phone, especially since you can have offline playlists too.

The only annoying problem, is the ONE place I have been with my phone so far that does not get HSDPA/3G is my school, so I only ever get 2G :L but with offlines playlists I am fine. Travelling to London atm and have had music constantly so far (doing offline now, will stream some when I come home to give thoughts on battery). If anyone is wondering whether to get it, personally I would say - get it :)

Apple
24-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Would you mind explaining to me what exactly it is and how it works? The most important thing however is are all the songs CD quality (320mbps)?

Agnostic Bear
24-09-2010, 07:26 PM
Would you mind explaining to me what exactly it is and how it works? The most important thing however is are all the songs CD quality (320mbps)?

Heh, if songs were 320mbps we'd need a lot more storage than we have today to store just a few albums.

Also yes, Spotify Premium allows you to access 320kbps tracks (Although "CD Quality" is generally defined at somewhere near 192kbps)

Also to answer your question it's a streaming music service. Simple as. Premium = higher quality music + no ads.

---------- Post added 24-09-2010 at 08:26 PM ----------

Heh, if songs were 320mbps we'd need a lot more storage than we have today to store just a few albums.

Also yes, Spotify Premium allows you to access 320kbps tracks (Although "CD Quality" is generally defined at somewhere near 192kbps)

Also to answer your question it's a streaming music service. Simple as. Premium = higher quality music + no ads.

Recursion
24-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Spotify Premium does indeed up the bitrate from the free 128kbps to 328kbps.

AgnesIO
24-09-2010, 09:20 PM

The songs on pc are boosted to 320kbps in premium. On mobile you can choose either 96kbps (low bandwidth) or 160kbps (good quality). I have tried both, and although you can tell the difference, I don't think it is awful on 96 - actually I think it is good!

Basically Spotify is a streaming music service. You use an internet connection to get music on your pc, or on your phone too on spotify premium,

Check out www.spotify.com/uk for full details :)

Zubb
24-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I passed on premium and got unlimited instead.
Spotify is by far the most used application running on my laptop.
It has a very good bitrate feature, and because I'm constantly running linux, I can stream it through wine.
Spotify did release a linux compatible port but it's not as good as the windows side as of yet (Still in production)

if you have some spare cash in Paypal then I highly recommend Spotify premium/unlimited.

~Jason.

Jam
25-09-2010, 12:32 AM
I'd rather use a Zune Pass, suits what I own better but music subscriptions are significantly better than the 99p/99MSP a song way.

HotelUser
25-09-2010, 02:50 AM

---------- Post added 24-09-2010 at 08:26 PM ----------

Who needs storage when you can stream! I can't use Spotify so I use GrooveShark instead. Very cool app it streams everything with optional cache. No authentic iPad app though--Apple rejected it :D

Pyroka
25-09-2010, 02:57 AM
I'm so tempted to get Premium. So very tempted.

AgnesIO
25-09-2010, 02:44 PM
I'm so tempted to get Premium. So very tempted.

Try it for a month - it is really worth it :)

Chippiewill
25-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I got Spotify Premium when they first launched the App to try it, "I'm lovin' it" ever since.

So worth it.

Blob
25-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah I bought a month too and the mobile app is brilliant.

Recursion
25-09-2010, 04:41 PM
I'd rather use a Zune Pass, suits what I own better but music subscriptions are significantly better than the 99p/99MSP a song way.

If only it worked with Android.

Anyone know anything like Spotify with an Android app where you can download songs for keeps?

syko2006
25-09-2010, 06:34 PM
When you say offline playlist, how many songs can you have in your offline playlist? Is there a limit? :)

Recursion
25-09-2010, 06:44 PM
When you say offline playlist, how many songs can you have in your offline playlist? Is there a limit? :)

Until you run out of space! :P

Blob
26-09-2010, 07:00 PM
There is a limit of 3,333 songs being synced to your phone.

AgnesIO
26-09-2010, 07:38 PM
There is a limit of 3,333 songs being synced to your phone.

Oh god, however will I survive haha

lTraditional
26-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes, I have seen many people saying that Premium is great and I am currently on the free version and it is good so I think I will be subscribing to Premium sometime too when my phone is fixed!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!