PDA

View Full Version : Rare Values

Richie
26-09-2010, 10:40 PM
As much as some of you hate to admit it or will admit even, there is no need for rare values anymore. Does anyone actually use it? I understand why habbox are so protective over the department. Yes, it did make habbox what it is today but lets be honest no-one has any need for the department anymore. Its not habboxs fault that it went down hill, its sulakes.

Staff hate on this thread all you like but you know its true :D

Tintinnabulate
26-09-2010, 10:43 PM
I thought lots of people still use it?

Richie
26-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I thought lots of people still use it?

Habboxlive stats says different :D na but really no-one uses it due to them having prices on the hotel now days.

Jordan
26-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah some use it. But not as many as before the merge. People have come into the Helpdesk before and asked if we can help them with their rare prices and we've redirected them to www.habbox.com/rv
But i have to admit it's not as popular as before, to be honest... it's rare i see someone use it now.

oh yeah, I don't think it should be removed though.

Kipp
26-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I use Rare Values from time to time when i'm trading on Habbo. I used to work in the Rare Values department not that long ago. Personally, I don't think the department should be removed, the reason why is becaus there are still people that use Habbox.com for Rare Values.

Tintinnabulate
26-09-2010, 10:47 PM
I rare use Habbo but I thought market place isn't as accurate as some people put some stuff at ridiculously high prices?

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 10:51 PM
People are obvs going to think i am bias, but people do use Rare Values. Yes i admit the marketplace is used more but i still have people asking me about Habbox and challenging certain values etc, which still shows some interest in the department.

There is still a demand for it and plus what harm is it doing being open? If people are still willing to work for it then what harm is there?

Richie
26-09-2010, 10:51 PM
I rare use Habbo but I thought market place isn't as accurate as some people put some stuff at ridiculously high prices?

Perhaps but thats not to say habboxs values are accurate, hcs are probs still 10c lol

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Perhaps but thats not to say habboxs values are accurate, hcs are probs still 10c lol

This proves to me that this point has no backing to it, you have not researched the point before posting. HCs are not 10C on Habbox, yes not everything is 'Accurate' but most people compare values to the marketplace which in itself is very inaccurate when you actually compare it to the trades going on within rooms on Habbo.

Richie
26-09-2010, 10:58 PM
This proves to me that this point has no backing to it, you have not researched the point before posting. HCs are not 10C on Habbox, yes not everything is 'Accurate' but most people compare values to the marketplace which in itself is very inaccurate when you actually compare it to the trades going on within rooms on Habbo.

Dan chill it was a joke, I know the prices are more accurate than that, with that said though the mp is still more accurate imo. You don't see people going by habbox prices anymore. It used to be:

user1 - 'selling hc 14creds'
user2 - 'but habbox values say 10'

now its:

user1 - 'selling hc 4creds'
user2 - 'but the marketplace says 2'

EDIT:

I'm just saying the main site isn't being used as often as it used to be, its pretty dead. The forum attracts people now. If habbox can't afford better servers for whatever reason, then they could get rid of the main site and the site would be zooming along.

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Dan chill it was a joke, I know the prices are more accurate than that, with that said though the mp is still more accurate imo. You don't see people going by habbox prices anymore. It used to be:

user1 - 'selling hc 14creds'
user2 - 'but habbox values say 10'

now its:

user1 - 'selling hc 4creds'
user2 - 'but the marketplace says 2'

I thought it was like that, until i was watching trades in my trade room the other day, many people saying "but the MP says this" then other person says "but Habbox says this" then they end up meeting in the middle.

It's a similar situation as to what happened a few years ago between Habbox and HHGS, everyone said knowone used Habbox no more and every used HHGS, but that wasn't really the case. People used both, finding a price somewhere in the middle. The MP and Habbox are both guides and thus doesn't say that something is definately worth a certain value, it's just a rough estimate.

And to the thing about HC sofa, the MP says like 4/5C cos of the stupid comission etc but yet people sell HCs at 2C?

Storking
26-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Yeah more people are using the marketplace but Habbox is still widely known as being a good rare values site, with a lot of people still using it..

It's what makes Habbox different and unique between the list of fansites so it should definitely stay imo :)

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:08 PM
Tbh even if nobody used it, i see no problem in a small team of people upkeeping it? You say Habbox to someone and the first thing they think is Rare Values, it's part of Habbox History and should always be part of the site.

Richie
26-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I thought it was like that, until i was watching trades in my trade room the other day, many people saying "but the MP says this" then other person says "but Habbox says this" then they end up meeting in the middle.

It's a similar situation as to what happened a few years ago between Habbox and HHGS, everyone said knowone used Habbox no more and every used HHGS, but that wasn't really the case. People used both, finding a price somewhere in the middle. The MP and Habbox are both guides and thus doesn't say that something is definately worth a certain value, it's just a rough estimate.

And to the thing about HC sofa, the MP says like 4/5C cos of the stupid comission etc but yet people sell HCs at 2C?

Dan don't worry lol I understand your defending the rare values because your running it with undertaker, I just think something should be done to attract more people. Oh and in the past I've had people ask me why I'm trying to kill habbox, I'm not trying to be a rebellious troll, I'm not trying to make habbox look bad and fail. I give negative feedback when I think something is going down hill so management jump back on the horse and try to get it popular again. After-all why would I try hurt the reputation of a site which I use regularly?

Dan I don't think thats the case anymore, you say habbox to someone and they think forum or habboxlive. No offence.

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Dan don't worry lol I understand your defending the rare values because your running it with undertaker, I just think something should be done to attract more people. Oh and in the past I've had people ask me why I'm trying to kill habbox, I'm not trying to be a rebellious troll, I'm not trying to make habbox look bad and fail. I give negative feedback when I think something is going down hill so management jump back on the horse and try to get it popular again. After-all why would I try hurt the reputation of a site which I use regularly?

Dan I don't think thats the case anymore, you say habbox to someone and they think forum or habboxlive. No offence.

I hate it when people think ideas haven't already been put into plan, i hate it when people think this problem hasn;t already been discussed months ago in a managers meeting and we already have a huge plan ready for Habbox V6?

I'm obvs going to defend it as it's something i've put alot of my time into, and to just have it close would annoy me.

Nixt
26-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Not going to sit here and pretend that Rare Values is the number one part of Habbox.com or the Habbox collective any more (it certainly used to be) but let me make one thing very, very clear - it is not getting removed or closed down. Rare values have been an inherent part of Habbox.com for a long time and it remains an important and key part of the current Habbox project and its foundations in the long term.

We admit quite readily that the Marketplace has overtaken Habbox in terms of the main source of values but it is still used and it is still referenced on numerous occasions I have noticed on the client. In recognising the fact that the usefulness of rare values - whilst not completely burnt out - have been devalued (see what I did there) we have discussed and planned numerous changes for V6 that will make a kind of up and coming "rare resource" (rather than just values) a useful and commonly used tool on Habbox.com.

The department is far from obsolete and with the changes we have planned could easily become a key part of Habbox.com once again. We recognise reform is needed but the complete abolition of such a department would be foolish.

Storking
26-09-2010, 11:13 PM

I really disagree, Habbox is still and will probably always be known for having a reliable rare values system by many users in Habbo.com :)

Richie
26-09-2010, 11:14 PM
I hate it when people think ideas haven't already been put into plan, i hate it when people think this problem hasn;t already been discussed months ago in a managers meeting and we already have a huge plan ready for Habbox V6?

You seem to think the public know all about habbox meetings, maybe if management told us what is happening once in a while you wouldn't get so many negative threads. Oh and habbox v6? wasn't that meant to happen months ago?

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm not going to blurt out all the plans, as if something doesn't happen then people get disappointed or bring up such things in future discussions.

I just don't want people to think we are not doing anything, things are always going on behind the scenes.

As garion said, we are looking to turn the values into more of a resource, still providing rare values but also other information and services that will rival the habbo MP.

Nixt
26-09-2010, 11:20 PM
You seem to think the public know all about habbox meetings, maybe if management told us what is happening once in a while you wouldn't get so many negative threads. Oh and habbox v6? wasn't that meant to happen months ago?

For a long time now we have been waiting for Jin to provide the coders with a specification that enabled them to code according to his wants and needs for the new website. Unfortunately Jin has been very busy in real life with the festival season and this has inevitably delayed Habbox V6 but I understand he is now keen to see it's creation and launch this side of Christmas.

Despite the delays, Management have been working hard to discuss and develop ideas for the new website and there is a large thread available for Management to view ideas that have been proposed already.

You're right in saying that you guys are not aware of it and that is naturally not your fault, however these plans are not the kind of things we share with the general public for two main reasons. First, we want the new features to be relatively exclusive when it comes to the launch and secondly, more importantly, the ideas are subject to a lot of change and in my experience when members are told something *MIGHT* happen and it doesn't it can cause quite a stir. Keeping these things private makes much more sense and also makes the launch of a new website a lot more eagerly anticipated!

Trust me, the delays with V6 have frustrated us incredibly but it can't be helped.

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:24 PM
For a long time now we have been waiting for Jin to provide the coders with a specification that enabled them to code according to his wants and needs for the new website. Unfortunately Jin has been very busy in real life with the festival season and this has inevitably delayed Habbox V6 but I understand he is now keen to see it's creation and launch this side of Christmas.

Despite the delays, Management have been working hard to discuss and develop ideas for the new website and there is a large thread available for Management to view ideas that have been proposed already.

You're right in saying that you guys are not aware of it and that is naturally not your fault, however these plans are not the kind of things we share with the general public for two main reasons. First, we want the new features to be relatively exclusive when it comes to the launch and secondly, more importantly, the ideas are subject to a lot of change and in my experience when members are told something *MIGHT* happen and it doesn't it can cause quite a stir. Keeping these things private makes much more sense and also makes the launch of a new website a lot more eagerly anticipated!

Trust me, the delays with V6 have frustrated us incredibly but it can't be helped.

I agree with Garions last point.

Just to clear everything up, i brought up the ideas we are using for Rare Values in Habbox V6 way back in May, taking into account all issue brought up in this thread, so yes things are moving, yes i am aware of such issues, yes you are entitled to your oppinion and i'm glad something has been posted about Rare Values. Just wish it wasn't in such a defeatist way. I love feedback, just not feedback that kinda says 'Give up?'

I like feedback lik what Saurav just posted, something that actually gives construction to a point, giving new ideas.

Tintinnabulate
26-09-2010, 11:27 PM

Maybe Jin should just explain the specs to Matt or someone so they can initiate it. It was meant to happen this summer, and its not even been started yet.

---------- Post added 27-09-2010 at 12:30 AM ----------

Also the quicker it happens the better. No point bringing v6 with amazing updates when it's too late.

Richie
26-09-2010, 11:31 PM
I agree with Garions last point.

Just to clear everything up, i brought up the ideas we are using for Rare Values in Habbox V6 way back in May, taking into account all issue brought up in this thread, so yes things are moving, yes i am aware of such issues, yes you are entitled to your oppinion and i'm glad something has been posted about Rare Values. Just wish it wasn't in such a defeatist way. I love feedback, just not feedback that kinda says 'Give up?'

I like feedback lik what Saurav just posted, something that actually gives construction to a point, giving new ideas.

I normally do construct my feedback with new ideas but I just can't see how habbox can beat sulake.

-Danube-
26-09-2010, 11:34 PM
I normally do construct my feedback with new ideas but I just can't see how habbox can beat sulake.

By giving information that take more time and human ability to aquire and actually taking onboard user input. But no, we will never be back to the good old days with rare values, we just want to make sure it is fresh and still has a 'purpose'.

Tintinnabulate
26-09-2010, 11:35 PM

Its better to keep it open Richie than closing it. Closing it means we will loose more visitors.

Richie
26-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Its better to keep it open Richie than closing it. Closing it means we will loose more visitors.

Closing it means we don't have to wait 5minutes for each thread to load.

-:Undertaker:-
26-09-2010, 11:50 PM
The bonus of Habbox values compared to marketplace are two main reasons at the moment (and yes, the department has lost its audience I will be the first to admit it). The first reason why Habbox is more useful compared to the marketplace is the simple fact that averages on the marketplace are inaccurate with fast moving rares. The second point is super rares, if you need values for super rares that are not regulary traded thus not documented on the marketplace, then Habbox is there to use.

We have many ideas how to make the department relevent, but as said before; it is a slow moving process.

Mr-Trainor
27-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I agree that rare values on fansites are no longer as popular as they used to be but they are definately still used. You also have to remember that the marketplace is the average over a longe period of time when compared to Habbox, which is more recent. And not all items are in the marketplace, meaning you can't get a marketplace value for them.

Apple
28-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I don't use Habbo as much as I would like to, this is proved by the fact that I wasn't even aware about the Habbo Marketplace update! And funnily enough, I have seen people referring to the values on Habbox numerous times. I really didn't have a clue about it.

Removing the Rare Values just seems totally unnecessary as it is still widely used by many so it would just be slashing the amount of people that visit Habbox for no reason other than taking a load off the server. Jin is currently working on the forum anyway so hopefully we will have a faster forum soon.

-Nick
28-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Well if people arnt using it they wont be reporting Values! Also if you carnt find it in market place they'll us it iam running a script and its saying 210 hits a day :)

Ajthedragon
28-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Marketplace killed RV's I admit, but fact is its habbox's core and it would be like Habbo losing the ability to use public rooms because we have guest rooms. People use them though, from time to time I check a few supers, can't say I use it much myself. Having said that, I never did before. If you dislike RV's so much I suggest you try to ignore the rare values tab and stop complaining.

AgnesIO
28-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I await the brilliant idea that you are going to make to replace Richie. So yeh your idea of scrapping rare values is fantastic. Why not scrap the main site and see how many people join the forum.

The fact is ANYTHING that attracts people to Habbox is good.

:DBeth:D
29-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Agreed ^ I know Many people who use rare values and only the rare values if you got rid of them we would lose a lot of people.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!