PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] The Last Airbender [Goldmines/Jaxt]

Jaxt
28-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Went and watched it at the cinema the other day and i got really inspired to do this. Thoughts? :)

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn56/MiniBryan-/Athelastairbender_gld.gif

TonyBest
28-09-2010, 12:42 PM
That doesnt look half bad.

Edited by iConz.. (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please ensure all posts are constructive, as stated in the Graphics Forum rules. (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=601590)

Samantha
28-09-2010, 03:29 PM
That is quite good to be honest.
one of the eyes look a bit weird though in my opinion.
And the footwear doesn't look that realistic, but I haven't seen the film, only see a few characters, so as I said, quite good! :)

Jessicrawrr
28-09-2010, 04:56 PM
wow, thats really food, the shoes look odd though, and you should have put a different expression on him, 8/10 :)

:odey:
02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
I really like that..
Must have taken some time!
I can't really pick any faults..
I think the shoes look fine!
Love the detail,
Nice one :D

Gina
02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I really like it :D First time ive seen someone do it!
For tht reason
I think will by far be the best
the effort and time spent on it is
unbelivable :D
Welldone
Nice work

Becca
02-10-2010, 12:59 PM
omg, it's really good.
+rep

Describe
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
It's very nice mate, my only critique would to crease the clothes instead of shading them the way you have done.

KyoraStryker
02-10-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't even see the problem with shading them as opposed to creasing them, however, I'm not adept at alterations.

Good job though! It actually looks like something Habbo would release if they ever did an Avatar promotion.

SarahVictoriaaa
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I might get this film when it comes out because loads of people say its really good :/ Worth a shot aint it ;) x

Describe
02-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't even see the problem with shading them as opposed to creasing them, however, I'm not adept at alterations.

Good job though! It actually looks like something Habbo would release if they ever did an Avatar promotion.
I feel it would improve the alteration and give it a more realistic look is all.

Describe
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Apologies, I cannot edit my above post.

Jaxt, did you draw inspiration from Roboevils 'The Shadow Mage' alteration? The body shape looks almost the same.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=448717&page=1

GraphicsAdventure
02-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Apologies, I cannot edit my above post.

Jaxt, did you draw inspiration from Roboevils 'The Shadow Mage' alteration? The body shape looks almost the same.
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=448717&page=1

I think it is the same one, to be honest. The arm positions are the same, the leg positions, chest position,hip direction, everything. I find it really disappointing when people copy, things, I know it's different clothing, weapon, but I mean... The body is a big part of it, the arm positions are, etc. And if you can't do it, you don't go and copy someone else's.

RandomManJay
03-10-2010, 08:14 AM
It's actually really good. The only problem I have is that his head arrow seems to be thicker in the animated series, like close to the point. Also try to make it so his glider is open :P.

p.s. Just read Describe's post, and I agree. If you take note of RoboEvil's alt and modify your shading etc. it will make it look more realistic.

Jaxt
06-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

@iSarcastix: I tried to make it so that his glider was open, but I couldn't find any pictures for reference. :(
@Describe: Yep, I used that for reference. :)

Andii
06-10-2010, 08:23 AM
wow i like that haha. . .i loved the film :) :)

amazing work and yea the shoes are a bit odd lol but great work

+rep :)

Describe
06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

@iSarcastix: I tried to make it so that his glider was open, but I couldn't find any pictures for reference. :(
@Describe: Yep, I used that for reference. :)
Then in comparison to Roboevils alteration it doesn't pack enough oomph because the shading isn't brilliant, it's a good alteration but it'll never take a place in the Elite gallery until it packs a "wow" factor.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!