PDA

View Full Version : Shall I buy an iPad?

Purple
29-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Hi everyone,

I am thinking about buying an iPad. I am willing to go as high as buying the highest model. My questions for you are:

1) Shall I buy it?

if so...

2) What Model (Size/Wifi or 3G?)

3) What are the best uses for it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as my birthday is just a month away and I would probably be able to get enough birthday money to pay for it. Thank you everyone, +REP ofc!

Kyle

Moved from 'Portable Devices' by Recursion (Forum Moderator): The iPad is portable.

Special
29-09-2010, 03:20 PM
i don't think you should buy one at all. but something worthwhile such as money towards a car or something

Recursion
29-09-2010, 03:28 PM
If you have to ask, don't.

KyoraStryker
29-09-2010, 04:11 PM
If you have to ask, don't.

Agreed. Go with what you think, although I would personally put the money towards something far more valuable to me, such as my car. If you have to take more than a minute to think about whether or not you want/need one, it's probably best that you don't get it.

Deak
29-09-2010, 04:25 PM
I've heard that some people are waiting until the 2nd updated release of the iPad as it allows you to do more stuff which is not available on the iPad out now.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you should buy it
2. Size wise - it would depend what you are wanting to put on it. WiFi or 3G? - This depends where you are going to use it mainly and if those places have WiFi connections which you can have access on to - if they do then obviously WiFi is the best option.
3. Its basically a bigger version of the iPhone but obviously its not a phone, but it does have more accessories and apps.

Recursion
29-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I've heard that some people are waiting until the 2nd updated release of the iPad as it allows you to do more stuff which is not available on the iPad out now.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you should buy it
2. Size wise - it would depend what you are wanting to put on it. WiFi or 3G? - This depends where you are going to use it mainly and if those places have WiFi connections which you can have access on to - if they do then obviously WiFi is the best option.
3. Its basically a bigger version of the iPhone but obviously its not a phone, but it does have more accessories and apps.

No it doesn't.

Deak
29-09-2010, 04:48 PM
No it doesn't.

According to a program on TV i watch it does have stuff that's not available on the iPhone.

I believe it was The Gadget Show and they are usually correct about stuff when they check them out.

Recursion
29-09-2010, 05:07 PM
According to a program on TV i watch it does have stuff that's not available on the iPhone.

I believe it was The Gadget Show and they are usually correct about stuff when they check them out.

The Gadget Show is laughable to say the least! ;)

Homosexual
29-09-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think you should, I sold mine ages ago. Typing is weird, unless you buy the keyboard which is a hefty price too.

:LUFC:
29-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Seems like Blackberry have created their own 'Tablet', If i was you id buy this over the iPad

matt$
29-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Get the ipod touch 4g, has about the same specs and its cheaper and smaller.

Jam
29-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Just save your £430+ for something worthwhile, an iPad is a waste of money especially this late after launch. Not that I'd recommend you save/wait for the second generation one either.

HotelUser
29-09-2010, 07:01 PM
I love my iPad. I had regrets the day I bought it but now I wouldn't return it at all :P

Chippiewill
29-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Step One: Never buy first generation Apple Hardware, they always hold back features for the next generation that they'll polish loads.
Step Two: Buy second generation Apple Hardware, it's 90% guaranteed not to flop and everything's nice, clean fixed and probably a little bit cheaper.
Step Three: ???
Step Four: Profit!
Step Five: Ignore third generation and get fourth, keep getting even numbered generations until you run out of money.

Apple
29-09-2010, 07:26 PM
It depends what position you are in with money really. I went out and bought some expensive headphones, everyone told me it was a waste of money but I know that I would of wasted it on random things anyway so I think it was a good investment. Obviously iPads are very good devices but you have to think about when you would actually use it. For me, when I am at home I have my computer or iPhone and when I am out and about or at school I have my iPhone. The only time I would ever use an iPad is on the train or on the plane, I only travel with planes a couple of times a year and the train maybe one or 2 times a month. So for them reasons I know that personally I would never really use it, whether or not having one would fit into your life can only be decided by you.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!