PDA

View Full Version : Do you think SnowStorm will make a return?

Mr-Trainor
29-09-2010, 09:14 PM
From the moment beta began to the moment the merge took place, a promise was made by many UK staff members that both Battle Ball and Snow Storm would return eventually, one it was able to function well enough on the new flash client.

Not to long ago, we were reminded of that promise with the release of Battle Banzai, a guest room alternative to the original Battle Ball. It has all of the basic functions of the well known Battle ball game and where it lacks some, it has new replacements. Its great even though it would have been nice to have the old system back instead.

However, this only means that half of the promise has become a reality for us. Do you think that Snow Storm could be hitting our screens soon, quite literally with snowballs? Or do you think that they are hoping that the new Battle Banzai will take out minds off Snow Storm?

In my opinion, I really can't see how Snow Storm would work in a guest room. Even though I would have said that abou Battle Ball too, I don't think Snow Storm will come back unless it's a public room version, which is what is originally was.

Nixt
29-09-2010, 09:19 PM
As you say I can't see snow storm working on a guest room level, not unless it was very poorly devised as with the spectacular flop that is Habbo football. I'm not sure if Snow Storm will return - it seems Habbos primary concern is profiteering, and a relaunch of BB has obviously done wonders for their cash flow; I'm not sure if Snow Storm would have the same affect unless it was costed and even then, in a public room capacity it would not gain as much money as they would hope. Perhaps I am being sceptical, but I don't think it will return.

KyoraStryker
29-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Snow Storm was pro. It'd be awesome to see it make a comeback, but Nixt makes a good point. I don't see it happening unless Habbo (or Sulake, for that matter) can find a way to turn a profit.

Jordan
29-09-2010, 09:22 PM
yeah i think it will in time, if not a new game will be made.

dbgtz
29-09-2010, 09:24 PM
tbh they need lyk a cod promo so that is like guns and u kill habbos :D every ****** staff watch out, ima cut u.

on a serious note yeah they probably will, but itll suck. Battle "banzai" sucks ass!!!!!!! THE ******* NAME IS SO ******* **** FOR **** SAKE. Good things it not called battle ball or it would have ruined battleballs name.

Special
29-09-2010, 09:35 PM
i don't think it will no, which is sad in a way

Storking
29-09-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't see how they'll bring it back.. so nope it won't be back imo :)

Alkaz
29-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I think they will, in the time it was out compared to battle ball I think it was possibly more popular. I myself didn't really like it but I think it will make a return for winter or Christmas.

Yupt
29-09-2010, 10:02 PM
I dont think 'snow storm' will be back, but they're invent something practically the same, just different themed so it suits guest rooms.

But yes, I do think the game concept will return - just with a new style.

TonyBest
29-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I dont think it will be returning because it would be hard to implement it into guest rooms, also it wont be quite good if it was in guest rooms. If it was to return, then i hope it is back like the old game

rnix
29-09-2010, 11:23 PM
If it does return then i would hope that it would come public not guest cause it would be crap as battleball has decreased my interest since it hit guest.

karter
30-09-2010, 09:13 AM
See , we Have all those furni Like ice patches and Snowy Fir tree walls
All they need to do is release out more furni , this could make profits for them too.

KyoraStryker
30-09-2010, 09:51 AM
The only problem with that is profit. Habbo won't release it back into the public rooms, unless they bring back the old ticket system from the old (and better, imho) days of Habbo so they can turn a profit. Similarly, Snow Storm may end up turning out to be crap as Battle Ball is now if they release it into the guest rooms, but I'm sure Sulake doesn't care. They think this Battle Banzai stuff is awesome (which plenty of others think otherwise), and people are gobbling it up out of the catalog, so it's making them money. I'm sure if Snow Storm is released again, it'll be released via guest rooms and will cost you a fortune in coins to get a decent room.

Nixt
30-09-2010, 10:14 AM
See , we Have all those furni Like ice patches and Snowy Fir tree walls
All they need to do is release out more furni , this could make profits for them too.

In fairness that's exactly why they wouldn't release it in my opinion. The mass of ice winter furni already available means less people will be willing to purchase it from the catalogue if it is released. BB saw the release of completely new furni that has never been available and, naturally, this results in a lot of new purchases. Equally, I do think the mechanics of Snow Storm just wouldn't work in a guest room and couldn't be adapted to guest rooms. Those points twinned together would mean they'd really suffer in terms of how many money they make from it, imo.

:DBeth:D
30-09-2010, 02:49 PM
Tbh, I never liked battle ball. I found it boring as I still do, However I still play it :S but I loved Snow storm and I think they should of brought that back instead of battle ball but it would be great if they could bring it back ans a public room not a Habbo's room :D

KyoraStryker
30-09-2010, 03:51 PM
That seems to be the general consensus. The problem now is whether or not it will actually happen.

Josh
30-09-2010, 04:47 PM
They brought back BattleBall, now they hope we'll forget about Snowstorm. They won't bring it back. I'd rather Wobble Squabble anyway.

Mr-Trainor
30-09-2010, 05:15 PM
They brought back BattleBall, now they hope we'll forget about Snowstorm.
Yea, that's what I said in my first post and I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case!

Samantha
30-09-2010, 06:19 PM
They can't bring Wobble Squabble back as you can't push anymore, and if walkthrough glitches then there is no real winner.

On the other hand, I loved SnowStorm, but I doubt it will return to the standard that we will be pleased with, they may try to fob us off with Snow Spectacular or something like they did with Battle Banzai. I highly doubt snowstorm would be as popular as battleball unless it comes back as it left us. Firstly, the lag on battleball is sometimes too much, which will make snowstorm even harder, with the lag that is.
Also, how would they make it like they used to in a guest room, firstly, you can't throw snowballs, unless Habbo become futuristic where you can interact with other characters like a hug, kiss, flirting, hi5's, shaking hands and stuff, which tbh that would just be immense. On the other hand, how would points be determined and how would they show on screen. How would people be organised into teams. Will there be a limit on how many can play if it's individual? Lots of questions that bare no answers, and I doubt they will ever be answered. SnowStorm is highly unlikely to come back as it will not function as well as battle ball and will also not be a profit for them.

Even in a public room the lag will still be immense, there will be too many people who wish to play the game so the queues would be horrendous, then there would be no fluent procedure to transfer one game to the next, as a mod is highly unlikely to be in the room, so they would not kick everyone who was in the previous game. Also, how would you be able to carry snowballs? I highly doubt you will see a Habbo with them in their hands, and without the costumes they have no where to store it, also, it would mean hiding would be a thing of the past too, and probably launching high balls would be a no no too.
They may bring it back, but suck all the fun out of it before doing so.

Wonderful
30-09-2010, 06:25 PM
They can't bring Wobble Squabble back as you can't push anymore, and if walkthrough glitches then there is no real winner.

On the other hand, I loved SnowStorm, but I doubt it will return to the standard that we will be pleased with, they may try to fob us off with Snow Spectacular or something like they did with Battle Banzai. I highly doubt snowstorm would be as popular as battleball unless it comes back as it left us. Firstly, the lag on battleball is sometimes too much, which will make snowstorm even harder, with the lag that is.
Also, how would they make it like they used to in a guest room, firstly, you can't throw snowballs, unless Habbo become futuristic where you can interact with other characters like a hug, kiss, flirting, hi5's, shaking hands and stuff, which tbh that would just be immense. On the other hand, how would points be determined and how would they show on screen. How would people be organised into teams. Will there be a limit on how many can play if it's individual? Lots of questions that bare no answers, and I doubt they will ever be answered. SnowStorm is highly unlikely to come back as it will not function as well as battle ball and will also not be a profit for them.

Even in a public room the lag will still be immense, there will be too many people who wish to play the game so the queues would be horrendous, then there would be no fluent procedure to transfer one game to the next, as a mod is highly unlikely to be in the room, so they would not kick everyone who was in the previous game. Also, how would you be able to carry snowballs? I highly doubt you will see a Habbo with them in their hands, and without the costumes they have no where to store it, also, it would mean hiding would be a thing of the past too, and probably launching high balls would be a no no too.
They may bring it back, but suck all the fun out of it before doing so.

they meant real wobble squabble in Rooftop Rumble, not guestroom wobble squabble.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!