PDA

View Full Version : Ear phones...

LMS16
01-10-2010, 06:14 AM
Hey,

Recently my Skull Candy's broke :( Im now after a new set just as good as Skull Candy but kinda cheap, can anyone recommend any good in-ear headphones :)

Thanks

Lew.

Recursion
01-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Assuming your budget is about £10 - £20: Sennheiser CX-300 II

LMS16
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks, I went for my favorite, SkullCandy.

I know both are just paying for their name but I got these! £12.99! WOW! http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/271/351/-/9564891/Skullcandy-Titan-In-Ear-Headphones/Product.html?searchtype=genre&add=9564891&pid=638408&dpr=638408

Lew.

Chippiewill
04-10-2010, 04:31 PM
I'd like to point out that Skull candies are horrendous quality and are 100% about the brand identity.

Rapidshare
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd like to point out that Skull candies are horrendous quality and are 100% about the brand identity.

Argeed, you be forking out more money for ****.

LMS16
05-10-2010, 07:48 AM
I like them :) I think I just went for the design lol and the fact I'm willing to spend £10+ on some ear phones :P

Lew.

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 07:52 AM
They look awful and what I've heard is they sound awful :L

I pay premium for headphone's and tbh either Bose or Monster Cable are my favourite companies.

My fav earphones are http://beatsbydre.com/int/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5596
They look great and sound great but aren't cheap <3

LMS16
05-10-2010, 08:01 AM

I pay premium for headphone's and tbh either Bose or Monster Cable are my favourite companies.

My mate got some of them and they broke within a week and yes they were real. Once again, paying for the brand. I mean, I can not tell the difference between quality. As long as I can hear my music, I'm happy :)

Lew.

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 08:04 AM
My mate got some of them and they broke within a week and yes they were real. Once again, paying for the brand. I mean, I can not tell the difference between quality. As long as I can hear my music, I'm happy :)

Lew.

Your friend obviously doesn't treat his stuff well. I have bought them and they haven't got a scratch on them. They're as good as new.

iJoe
05-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Assuming your budget is about £10 - £20: Sennheiser CX-300 II

Sennheiser (Y) Decent quality and pretty cheap :)

Jahova
05-10-2010, 04:48 PM

Actually Beats have had pretty bad reviews from independent reviewers.

Recursion
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM

Bose and Monster Cable both sell overpriced pieces of garbage.

iJoe
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I bought bose ones, they're stranged shaped so they dont properly fit in your ears, much prefer my £12 sennhieser :P

LMS16
05-10-2010, 06:49 PM
As said earlier, Im pretty happy with my £12.99 skullcandys :)

Lew.

MattFr
06-10-2010, 05:59 AM
Bose and Monster Cable both sell overpriced pieces of garbage.

Monster earphones, more specifically the turbine pro gold, are reviewed to be very good and not overpriced. At whoever "pays a premium" for crappy lady gaga designed earphones, *REMOVED*

Edited by Recursion (Forum Moderator): Please refrain from being rude to other members.

Apple
06-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Someone at my school bought some Skullcandy earphones from a random year 10 that he knows, I had a listen and they were abysmal. Sounded so crappy and tinny but I didn't want to say anything as he was really happy about buying them. I'm not sure if they were either fake versions of some good Skullcandy's or just a pair of the cheap Skullcandy's.

I took some advice on here to go with Sennheiser so I bought some CX-400's which didn't even last a month IIRC before one of the speakers blew, paid about £50 for them I think... My latest are a pair of Monster Cable's Beats by Dre Solo HD. Had them for a few weeks now and they are amazing!! They look superb and the sound quality is even better, crystal clear while also having very deep and responsive bass. Usually high-bass headphones sound muddy but certainly not these!

LMS16
06-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Someone at my school bought some Skullcandy earphones from a random year 10 that he knows, I had a listen and they were abysmal. Sounded so crappy and tinny but I didn't want to say anything as he was really happy about buying them. I'm not sure if they were either fake versions of some good Skullcandy's or just a pair of the cheap Skullcandy's.

I took some advice on here to go with Sennheiser so I bought some CX-400's which didn't even last a month IIRC before one of the speakers blew, paid about £50 for them I think... My latest are a pair of Monster Cable's Beats by Dre Solo HD. Had them for a few weeks now and they are amazing!! They look superb and the sound quality is even better, crystal clear while also having very deep and responsive bass. Usually high-bass headphones sound muddy but certainly not these!

DR Dre - way too overpriced! As long as music is playing, idc what comes out haha.

You can get the fake DR Dre's for £30 which are ok...

Lew.

Apple
06-10-2010, 08:53 PM
DR Dre - way too overpriced! As long as music is playing, idc what comes out haha.

You can get the fake DR Dre's for £30 which are ok...

Lew.

I don't see why anyone would want to buy fake headphones, they are obviously going to have crap sound quality. They are for listening to music, who cares what brand they are or what they look like. Sound quality should always be put in front of looks. It just so happens to be that Beats look AND sound great. :)

rnix
06-10-2010, 08:58 PM
i bought 2 pairs for 99p store :L:L:L:L really **** :)
my skullcandies were terrible, im not on normal iphone earphones which are terrible :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!