PDA

View Full Version : USB

Richie
02-10-2010, 01:35 AM
Hey,
I have 3 usb jacks but I need about 5 at once, is there something like a usb extension i could buy? or is it not possible?

brandon
02-10-2010, 01:40 AM
Hey,
I have 3 usb jacks but I need about 5 at once, is there something like a usb extension i could buy? or is it not possible?
Yeah they're called USB Hubs and you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon/Ebay or whatever.

Richie
02-10-2010, 01:47 AM
Oh alright thanks and they'll all work at the same time?

HotelUser
02-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Yes, they will.

Most adapters even come with *optional* external power supply so you could quite literally plug 50 USB peripherals in at once :P

Richie
02-10-2010, 02:03 AM
Just bought a 7 hub usb + a sound card usb for 5£ from china

niceee

KyoraStryker
02-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Yeah, USB hubs are awesome, especially for laptops. Good for desktops too, if for some reason you run out of USB ports

HotelUser
02-10-2010, 02:07 AM
Yeah, USB hubs are awesome, especially for laptops. Good for desktops too, if for some reason you run out of USB ports

I used to utilize them all the time many years ago when it wasn't the norm for laptops to come equipped with three, four or even more USB ports built in.

If you use your laptop at a desk they come in handy because you can just plug 1 USB plug into the laptop to get your keyboard, mouse and even wired internet up and running!

KyoraStryker
02-10-2010, 02:10 AM
If you use your laptop at a desk they come in handy because you can just plug 1 USB plug into the laptop to get your keyboard, mouse and even wired internet up and running!

Exactly. A single hub is inexpensive and works wonders for laptops. Back in the day when I had my laptop, I had two four-port USB hubs just to be on the safe side.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!