PDA

View Full Version : Backordering a domain

United-Clowgon
02-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Hi guys, i'm intresting in buying a domain, the domain owner registerd it in the 90's and is about to run out in 2 weeks time. This site is worth a lot i guess and is famous and is used regualry..

Is it weird that they left it so long and they haven't even renewed it yet? Is it worth a shot do you think at backordering it? Also the best backordering site? godaddy any good?

thanks.

Thread moved by HotelUser (Trialist Forum Moderator): from "Web Market", as I feel it is more suited here.

Thread closed by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Due to bump.

Soy
02-10-2010, 11:40 PM
he has a month after it expires to renew.

Recursion
03-10-2010, 08:05 AM
It ain't gunna happen if it's a well known site, it'll have a registrar lock on it or whatever.

United-Clowgon
03-10-2010, 08:26 AM
he has a month after it expires to renew.

Hmmm, are you sure?

It ain't gunna happen if it's a well known site, it'll have a registrar lock on it or whatever.

I guess it's worth a shot with pool. If i don't get it, i don't lose out..

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Hmmm, are you sure?

I guess it's worth a shot with pool. If i don't get it, i don't lose out..

Well you would lose out on the visitors that use it on a daily basis, because you won't have the content that site provides. What domain is this anyway?

United-Clowgon
03-10-2010, 02:23 PM
That don't really mater, i could easily sell it off for $$$$$

And i can't tell you that matty! You know i can't. ;)

Hmm which is the best domain backorder? Pool - You can get your money back if you unsucsessful get the domain.. i heard the stories they get you into auctions.

Recursion
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
You won't get it, if they forget to renew I'm sure there's a way they can take it off you.

Callum.
03-10-2010, 02:28 PM
isn't this like domain squatting or w/e it was called?

Recursion
03-10-2010, 02:33 PM
What domain is it?

If it's a company, there's no point trying if it's that popular.

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2010, 02:54 PM
That don't really mater, i could easily sell it off for $$$$$

And i can't tell you that matty! You know i can't. ;)

Hmm which is the best domain backorder? Pool - You can get your money back if you unsucsessful get the domain.. i heard the stories they get you into auctions.

Why not?

United-Clowgon
03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Why not?

You might backorder it yourself, you might also tell other people about it, not only that others will know.. which with decrease my chances of owning it..

I'll guess i'll know in the next 2 weeks...

Also there would be no way for them to gain the site back if they forgot to renew it, i follow the rules and the law. Basically they would have to pay me off to get the site back..

xxMATTGxx
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
You might backorder it yourself, you might also tell other people about it, not only that others will know.. which with decrease my chances of owning it..

Also there would be no way for them to gain the site back if they forgot to renew it, i follow the rules and the law. Basically they would have to pay me off to get the site back..

I'm not going to backorder any domain because I know that domain would be owned by someone else within their own rights such as a company. So yeah...

HotelUser
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
There's likely 10 macros waiting for this domain to expire so they can snatch it up before anyone else :P

Jahova
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
There's likely 10 macros waiting for this domain to expire so they can snatch it up before anyone else :P

Quoted for truth.

OT: You can either pay companies to do it for you (wait and grab it if does expire) or do it yourself.

Callum.
03-10-2010, 04:17 PM

Well I looked a little into it and it said something like they can appeal to places and that then "In 2007 it was stated that 84% of claims made since 1999 were decided in the complaining party's favor." so if you're buying it in bad faith to make the real company buy it off you then it'll most likely get taken anyway.

Not only this, but like most have said, they'll probably renew or there's people waiting for it as well. Will be a failed get rich quick plan.

Recursion
03-10-2010, 05:11 PM
If it's a major website, the name will probably be trademarked or whatever, so yes, they probably will be able to take it off you, without paying.

N!ck
03-10-2010, 05:34 PM
If it's trademarked they can get it back off you for free.

Jahova
03-10-2010, 05:36 PM
If it's trademarked they can get it back off you for free.

Thought so - let's see if the name is trademarked ;)

United-Clowgon
03-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Hmmm intresting..

Does namesnap refund you if u don't sucsesfully get the site?

Jam
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Your not going to so don't bother/attempt/ask anymore questions that have previously been answered even if indirectly although the general theme of the thread is 'you can't' so it would most likely seem that you have picked up on this by now but will continue to persist.

Homosexual
03-10-2010, 06:15 PM
backordering a domain normally turns into court cases for domain/trademark squatting.

supergal
27-01-2013, 10:40 AM

ya i agree. its not guarantee that we will get the domain name that we have backordered since it might have backordered by many peoples.The best way is to contact the respective domain holder for a bargain. The domain holder's contact information can be obtained by having a Whois lookup at http://www.whoisxy.com/ . we can snatch the domain before anyone can :P
Good luck :)

Edited by runeaddict99 (Forum Moderator): Please do not pointlessly bump old threads.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!