PDA

View Full Version : - What is emo? -

Pulchritudinous
08-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Okay, recently I've heard alot of people saying their 'emo', what does emo mean, is it kinda the same as gothic?

kasi
08-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Emo - short for emotional, a type of music. [eg : my chemical romance, taking back sunday, hawthorne heights, etc.] used to be a sign of individuality now people consider it as a trend and its now the "cool" thing to do.

Roboevil
08-08-2005, 09:19 PM
I've seen that once or twice and was concerned, thanks!

Steph
08-08-2005, 10:37 PM
people saying their are 'emo' is like erm....a half stage up from slitting your wrists with a rusty razor blade. No offence, I don't hate them but they are whiney.

Tommy
08-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Hense the emotional part of it >.>

MsTanya
08-08-2005, 10:42 PM
I hate it when people say their emo just so they look "cool" or so they think. If you like that sorta music, good for you but why say you like it when you really dont? Its so false.

RedStratocas
08-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Good example of emo: Simple plan- All of their songs are "my life stinks I want to die"

Fingerboots
08-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Emo stands for "Emotive Hardcore" or "Emotionally Hardcore" (I think).

It's been around for years, but only just sort of shown up now.
To be very stereotypical:
Wears ear plugs, black hair dye with coloured streaks usually covering half of face, tight trousers, converse, studded belt etc etc
Listens to My Chemical Romance, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, Simple Plan etc etc.
Cries a lot, plays accoustic guitar, writes a lot of sad & depressing poems/songs about how terrible their life is or their break up gf/bf.

This is considered to be 'fake' though, as the real meaning of emo has been lost and now it's just the new trend. *Shrug*

-sFusion-
08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Good example of emo: Simple plan- All of their songs are "my life stinks I want to die"
Lol I just started noticing that and I didnt really relate it to the err "emo-ness"

Sorry to go off track, but what are Chavs then?

HellyBelly
08-08-2005, 11:54 PM
people saying their are 'emo' is like erm....a half stage up from slitting your wrists with a rusty razor blade. No offence, I don't hate them but they are whiney.
yeah, p.s i like you avvy n sig ;)

BLuweesH
09-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Emo - short for emotional, a type of music. [eg : my chemical romance, taking back sunday, hawthorne heights, etc.] used to be a sign of individuality now people consider it as a trend and its now the "cool" thing to do.

I support that fact. Though there are lots of posers out there now, darnit. So it's just alkjsdfl sometimes...

Pulchritudinous
09-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Cool, I'll give rep to those who helped.

So basically emo means moody and miserable.

eggd2
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
a few weeks back in the kerrang mag it had the creator of emo
XD

kasi
10-08-2005, 01:17 AM
I support that fact. Though there are lots of posers out there now, darnit. So it's just alkjsdfl sometimes...

i hate posers :(

RedStratocas
10-08-2005, 01:19 AM
Lol I just started noticing that and I didnt really relate it to the err "emo-ness"

Sorry to go off track, but what are Chavs then?

If you are saying simple plan arent em, you are very wrong :p

BLuweesH
10-08-2005, 02:33 AM
i hate posers :(

Definitely.

FrozenWhisper
10-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Not all, Shut Up isn't. My Chemical Romance and Evanescence are more emo I think.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!