PDA

View Full Version : WordPress Themes Help!

Imp!
03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi All!

So basically I have an idea for a website, I'm ready to go, I have everything set. I'm building my website VIA wordpress which is a blogging formatted website but you can pay to have your own domain etc etc. The only problem I have is that I want my own custom theme, which you can do as wordpress allows you to edit it via HTML. However there are a few websites that give you software to design them but as I said you need experience in coding and I just have no clue at all. Does anyone know any website or anything that can allow me to make my layout with out all this hassle??

hamheyelliot
04-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Hey, thought I would post a little bit of advice seeing as I make it my job to blog about it so often :P

You're using Wordpress.com, the online hosted solution. You can only choose from their selection of themes unfortunately and there's very little a novice coder can do to use your own.

What you want is Wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org) (notice the .org) on your own hosting account- it's completely yours and you can use any design you want- and customise it to your liking.

If you want some help with setting up a .org blog of your own instead and some help getting your own design- just PM me and visit the site in my signature for some theme inspiration.

Chippiewill
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Hey, thought I would post a little bit of advice seeing as I make it my job to blog about it so often :P

You're using Wordpress.com, the online hosted solution. You can only choose from their selection of themes unfortunately and there's very little a novice coder can do to use your own.

What you want is Wordpress.org (http://wordpress.org) (notice the .org) on your own hosting account- it's completely yours and you can use any design you want- and customise it to your liking.

If you want some help with setting up a .org blog of your own instead and some help getting your own design- just PM me and visit the site in my signature for some theme inspiration.

This, basically.

Edited by HotelUser (Trialist Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly, thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!