PDA

View Full Version : The Russian Samovar Scandal

Ed.
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Does anyone else remember back in like 2008 or 7 or something when there was that whole Russian Samovar scandal with Undertaker.

He had bought loads for next to nothing then he used the rare values on Habbox to push the price up.

I'm not complaining as I made some money from it but Undertaker made a bomb.

That was such a crazy time as he got fired after that.

PLEASE NOTE: This is not blaming him or whatever, I just wanna discuss it. He is once again the RV manager but he is very trusted :D

Thread closed by Cosmic (Forum Super Moderator) to prevent any arguments - I don't feel that dragging this up is a good thing.

Special
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
why dig this up now?

Ed.
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I remembered it when I saw Undertaker's name.

Samantha
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't feel it is your time or place to bring this up?
Dan is very trusted in the department and I have also accused him before and got told I was wrong and accepted it.
No offence, why bring this up? Even if he did that in the past, it's in the past. No one can do anything about it. There is nothing to discuss?

Ed.
03-10-2010, 03:28 PM
It's not a dig at him at all. You've completely misunderstood this thread.

Samantha
03-10-2010, 03:29 PM
No I haven't. Why would you want to discuss something that happened years ago.

Art
03-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I'd never heard about this before.

Interesting though!

EDIT: Eh let him post it, who cares? If Undertaker can be trusted now then he should have nothing to worry about.
This is a forum after all. If there is nothing to discuss then the thread will die.

Samantha
03-10-2010, 03:31 PM
However, based onmy previous post. I would like t know what happened. Like how did he get found out?

And now you come to mention it I think heard before about th incient. :D

Sory about my spelling m keyboard ot working well.

Ed.
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
It was an occurrence that had a big effect within Habbo. Something that started off small escalated. Why can't we talk about it? There's no need to sweep things under the carpet.

Samantha
03-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Indeed we can. Lol. This sounds so familiar and I don't know why.
Least everything got sorted now in the end. And I must say Dan is very trusting.
Why did he do it anyway? I find the whole situation quite amusing. :)

Art
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
There is nothing to discuss?

I would like t know what happened. Like how did he get found out?

Why did he do it anyway? I find the whole situation quite amusing. :)

That changed fast ;) :P I would like to know more too.

Ed.
03-10-2010, 03:38 PM
This is what I remember of it.

At the time I was working in the Rare Values Team and Dan said "You should buy Russian Samovars, they're increasing in price"

So I bought quite a few.

The general Habbo population could see on Habbox that the value of Russian Samovars was increasing so us Rare Value reporters were reporting on the increasing value of the Russian Samovars.

This went on for a while and they kept going up and up.

Eventually something happened and it happened fast - everyone went to Dan's room and he was selling hundreds of russian samovars for a high price and once he had sold them all, the price of Russian Samovars slowly started to decline.

I think it came out that he had initially boosted the prices after he'd bought a load so that buyers would want them due to their ever increasing price.

As a result Dan was fired and I think that all of us Rare Values Reporters were replaced too because Sierk didn't want the team that had been there during this scandal.

That's my vague memory of it.

Samantha
03-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Lol I do have reasons of changing mood fast.
I remember being on the values team last year before getting fired. I had a collection of about 18 samovars, sold them when they were like 3hc each then they went up to like 5hc. I blamed Dan for that lol.
And at least Dan saw the error of his ways.

Mr-Trainor
03-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Dan (-:undertaker:-) made a mistake but I'm confidently sure that he has learnt from that mistake and therefore I feel that he does not deserve to have to listen to all this again. I'm sure it's an event of his past which he wants to forget about and we should help him do that.

AgnesIO
03-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Why even bring this up. At the end of the day, although it did go up far to fast, the entire hotel didn't help. Considering the whole hotel was like 'SAMOVERS ARE GONNA BE SUPERS. PAY ME LOADS FOR MINE'. Heck I had ten before it happened - made 30hc on every single one.

Leave Dan alone.

Callum.
03-10-2010, 04:44 PM
yeah, so pointless.

it was just the thought that samovars should technically be a super which made some craze and a few people a lot.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!