PDA

View Full Version : Recently discovered Minecraft!!

Apple
03-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Yesterday night I randomly came across the Minecraft sticky and ended up reading it to see what Minecraft was all about. Then Paul had put a link in to a video so I had a little look. Then I had the massive urge to try it out so bought it. I did an all-nighter just building houses and converting caves etc but wondered why there were no monsters coming to get me. Found out today that it was because I had it on Peaceful :l.

So yeh I am officially hooked! xD

I am still a noob on it, was in Stuto's server for a good few hours tonight and I couldn't believe how much effort had been put into everything, that map is amazing!! If anyone has any tips for me on how to be better at it I'd appreciate it. I know it's probably all about practise but I thought that I had done well converting a cave into a home using mud blocks on single player, then when I saw everything on Stuto's server I couldn't believe it. Also are there any other servers that are open most of the time? :)

Stephen
04-10-2010, 12:08 AM
http://servers.minecraftforum.net/

can you give yourself stuff on stuto server cos all you'd really need to do is think of something and gogogo build. Or you could plan it all out on a bit of paper or paint and then make it come alive

KyoraStryker
04-10-2010, 02:49 AM
I might have to look into this sometime; there's apparently a huge hype over it.

dbgtz
04-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Could you not have posted this in the minecraft thread? Hence the stickying...

Anyway yes, minecraft is cool.

Josh
04-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I personally think we should have a Minecraft subsection because the Minecraft sticky is basically getting muddled up with Stuto's server etc. Anyway...

I was hooked too when I first found it (thx to hxf) and I had the painful experience of having to wait 5 days for paypal to process the payment (bank). One tip I could give you is probably just to explore the caves as they are the quickest way to get diamond.

Stephen
04-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I personally think we should have a Minecraft subsection because the Minecraft sticky is basically getting muddled up with Stuto's server etc. Anyway...

I was hooked too when I first found it (thx to hxf) and I had the painful experience of having to wait 5 days for paypal to process the payment (bank). One tip I could give you is probably just to explore the caves as they are the quickest way to get diamond.

I had to suffer over a month to buy it because paypal kept rejecting my card

Josh
04-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Sucks to be you... (and flyingjesus)

It was worth it in the end!

BlueEyedSarah
04-10-2010, 01:45 PM
I saw Minecraft and don't see the big huge deal about it really.

FlyingJesus
04-10-2010, 02:05 PM
I didn't have to wait for paypal, I had to wait to actually have money :P and somehow I have more now that I'm unemployed how does that make sense anyway yeah a minecraft subsection might be useful if people are still doing single player so they can show their efforts n tingz, or so we can have mini community threads for things like the village

Art
04-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I personally think we should have a Minecraft subsection .

Yesyesyes agreed. Do ittttttt.

Stephen
04-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Isn't anyone going to make a thread in feedback asking for a subforum or are you all pming instead? I'll make a thread anyway

Verrou
04-10-2010, 04:52 PM
Link to the thread so we can all second you?

Stephen
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM
its in feedback

Nalfar
05-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I personally think this thread was not needed.

Edited by dinasaw (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Chippiewill
05-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I had to suffer over a month to buy it because paypal kept rejecting my card
I'm still suffering over paypal, but I should be getting a new card soon so PROBLEM SOLVED, in the meantime I'm "borrowing" minecraft, I'm sure notch won't mind for a month or so..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!