PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft subforum

Stephen
04-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Can we have a minecraft subforum please. The minecraft thread already has 1k replies and it's getting too cluttered up for minecraft chat to stay in that one thread. There's so many threads we could make that would cover all the topics of minecraft and it would look much cleaner than having one minecraft thread for the millions of topics we would like to talk about

k thx

All those in favour say YAY
All those not in favour say IM GONNA GO JUMP INTO A RIVER OF LAVA AND STAY THERE

Nemo
04-10-2010, 03:57 PM
I SAY YAY!

Definitely should be done

Chippiewill
04-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Can we have a minecraft subforum please. The minecraft thread already has 1k replies and it's getting too cluttered up for minecraft chat to stay in that one thread. There's so many threads we could make that would cover all the topics of minecraft and it would look much cleaner than having one minecraft thread for the millions of topics we would like to talk about

k thx

All those not in favour say IM GONNA GO JUMP INTO A RIVER OF LAVA AND STAY THERE
Er.. is that lava on Classic or Alpha, if Alpha then YAY, if it's on classic then it's not deadly and it might be refreshing.

Just in case YAY

Apple
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM

k thx

I was just in the middle of making a thread in feedback suggesting the same thing, then I noticed that you had just posted one.

I absolutely agree, Minecraft is growing rapidly and there are quite a number of people that play it on the forum. Those numbers are increasing as well, me being one of the latest people to discover it. xD

It would be great, we could have stickies like "Post your latest creations" and "what are you currently building?" etc. Then we could have our introduction to Minecraft sticky to explain the basics. I'm sure it would go down well!

Firehorse
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Second this.

Also with Alpha and Classic prefixes

Art
04-10-2010, 04:09 PM
YAYAYYAYYAYAYAY

All for it.

xxMATTGxx
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
It does seem Minecraft is getting quite popular with members on this forum, so a sub-forum sure could help! :P

Minecraft$
04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
over 100 pages in under 2 months, thats more than popular :P guna catch kkk at this rate.

Yeh im up for it

FlyingJesus
04-10-2010, 05:09 PM
I think really the main reason this is necessary is because we aren't all doing the same things on minecraft, and there are enough of us playing for a single thread to get very clustered if several discussions are going on. Also I want one

Jamesy
04-10-2010, 05:21 PM
I don't really see any downsides so long as its active.

jackass
04-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Agreed with this! That one thread is far too cluttered, and if I wanted to post images of my creations, a thread to myself would get a lot more views than a post that would just get lost after a few hours.

dbgtz
04-10-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah, its been more popular then all the other sub forums so :P

Matthew
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
I was just in the middle of making a thread in feedback suggesting the same thing, then I noticed that you had just posted one.

I absolutely agree, Minecraft is growing rapidly and there are quite a number of people that play it on the forum. Those numbers are increasing as well, me being one of the latest people to discover it. xD

It would be great, we could have stickies like "Post your latest creations" and "what are you currently building?" etc. Then we could have our introduction to Minecraft sticky to explain the basics. I'm sure it would go down well!

great thread ideas!
so yes i would like to see a minecraft subforum :)

jackass
04-10-2010, 09:01 PM

Disagree with the "post your latest creations" sticky, as i'd like my own threads for that sort of thing. The forum would be pretty much empty then as well!

Sarah
04-10-2010, 09:05 PM
This would be a good idea as its so popular and would probably look better too.

GommeInc
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm confused, are discussions restricted to only the one thread? You could, at the very least, just have multiple threads on the game as you would in any other forum, with a sub-forum if it becomes popular. It's odd we're acting as though you're not allowed more than one thread per forum about the same topic :P

Nalfar
05-10-2010, 12:49 AM
What happened to the "TOO MANY FORUMS OMG SERVER CRASH" mentality of the high-ups?

Josh
05-10-2010, 12:54 AM
Bout time!

Yay! The thread it too cluttered.

Sarah
05-10-2010, 12:57 AM
What happened to the "TOO MANY FORUMS OMG SERVER CRASH" mentality of the high-ups?

That wasn't the reason behind the removal of some of the forums its because they were not being used or not as active so would be better under one.

Martin
05-10-2010, 01:05 AM
I think it would be great to have! :D Such a popular game already, and it seems quite a few of us are getting into it! :) I think it would be quite active, and nice to be able to talk about it in structured threads rather than all in the one big thread. More like a little community that way. xD I love minecraft!

xxMATTGxx
05-10-2010, 06:28 AM

I don't remember ever seeing that reason to get rid of the forums, if that was the case then surely we would remove a lot more and just place everything under so many. The reason why forums get removed has been explained by Sarah above, but "OMG SERVER CRASH" isn't the answer.

Mathew
05-10-2010, 06:39 AM
That was when Oli was FM.. times are changin'.. ;)

kk.
05-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I'm confused, are discussions restricted to only the one thread? You could, at the very least, just have multiple threads on the game as you would in any other forum, with a sub-forum if it becomes popular. It's odd we're acting as though you're not allowed more than one thread per forum about the same topic :P

This. Although it's popular, I dont understand why some of you are saying the one thread is getting too confusing, as you do realise that there is a create thread button..?

However, perhaps it should be made, but I don't think itll be that active really. Perhaps only make and then delete when it only gets a few replies every week

scott
05-10-2010, 10:39 AM
I don't remember ever seeing that reason to get rid of the forums, if that was the case then surely we would remove a lot more and just place everything under so many. The reason why forums get removed has been explained by Sarah above, but "OMG SERVER CRASH" isn't the answer.

That was used as a reason before, same reason me and Jess were told to unstick threads in the HxL forum to help server load time lol.

Anyway yeah I think it would be a good idea, when I look through that minecraft thread there is just discussions going on between some people then others going on between others. I really dunno why everythings just stuck to one thread :o

Nemo
05-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Just adding another thing, one of the biggest pieces of news on minecraft (a lot of and really awesome updates incoming), got completely overshadowed by people either saying "omg that's amazing" or people talking about other stuff, causing it to be posted again n whatnot

Art
05-10-2010, 10:51 AM
This. Although it's popular, I dont understand why some of you are saying the one thread is getting too confusing, as you do realise that there is a create thread button..?

Its a stickied thread. If you create a new one you are referred to the stickied thread.

GommeInc
05-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Its a stickied thread. If you create a new one you are referred to the stickied thread.
... Why? You should be allowed to post other threads about Minecraft e.g. news and/or projects, with the possibility of using prefixes, which is meant to be the space between a sticked thread and a sub-forum. Being directed to a specific thread restricts conversation and comes off untidy, so not sure what person thought that up :P

Nemo
05-10-2010, 08:09 PM
... Why? You should be allowed to post other threads about Minecraft e.g. news and/or projects, with the possibility of using prefixes, which is meant to be the space between a sticked thread and a sub-forum. Being directed to a specific thread restricts conversation and comes off untidy, so not sure what person thought that up :P
Well its a general thread about it, i dont think anyone anticipated it to explode so quickly so at the time it was a clever idea since conversation was pretty general. However since theres a lot more people n whatever, its a complete mess in there. Also theres no prefixes to use :p

kk.
05-10-2010, 08:17 PM
Well its a general thread about it, i dont think anyone anticipated it to explode so quickly so at the time it was a clever idea since conversation was pretty general. However since theres a lot more people n whatever, its a complete mess in there. Also theres no prefixes to use :p

ye thats what we mean though. Why cant people try the loads of threads idea and see if its worth making a forum. But obviously it'd have to be monitored because the people who are obsessing will just make pointless threads just so a subforum would be made

Nemo
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
ye thats what we mean though. Why cant people try the loads of threads idea and see if its worth making a forum. But obviously it'd have to be monitored because the people who are obsessing will just make pointless threads just so a subforum would be made
Well yeah, subforum or adding prefixes seems like a good idea to me

Apple
05-10-2010, 08:52 PM
That was used as a reason before, same reason me and Jess were told to unstick threads in the HxL forum to help server load time lol.

Anyway yeah I think it would be a good idea, when I look through that minecraft thread there is just discussions going on between some people then others going on between others. I really dunno why everythings just stuck to one thread :o

Neither do I, as you already know; one or two people said that I shouldn't of created a minecraft related thread and instead should of posted it in the sticky, it just doesn't make sense. You can't really limit topics as big as minecraft to one thread...

GommeInc
05-10-2010, 09:38 PM
It's rare to just be told to post in one thread :P If anything you can suggest a sticked one but that doesn't usually result in being forced to use just the one :P As is the case. You might aswell make seperate threads and see what happens, if the demand for it is there. For all we know, specific servers (like Stuto's) may be the only major threads you'll find, with the odd project on the side and any news.

Nemo
05-10-2010, 09:48 PM
It's rare to just be told to post in one thread :P If anything you can suggest a sticked one but that doesn't usually result in being forced to use just the one :P As is the case. You might aswell make seperate threads and see what happens, if the demand for it is there. For all we know, specific servers (like Stuto's) may be the only major threads you'll find, with the odd project on the side and any news.Meh, theres so much to discuss about it though. But then, me and titch are settin up that new fansite for it so if im honest, not bothered either way since that'll be designed pretty much for it. But its like the x factor thread, anything about xfactor gets put in that sticky

GommeInc
06-10-2010, 01:15 AM
But its like the x factor thread, anything about xfactor gets put in that sticky
X Factor is pretty one track minded though, but I kinda get your point. It'll be interesting to see what this fansite is though ;)

dbgtz
06-10-2010, 02:46 PM
why do we not have this yet...?

xxMATTGxx
06-10-2010, 02:51 PM
why do we not have this yet...?

Sunday Updates!

Stephen
07-10-2010, 12:21 AM
does sunday update mean I get a bafta?

FlyingJesus
07-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Can I be included in sunday updates for suggesting that sunday updates could happen at any time in the week rather than having to wait til sunday for any changes to actually happen

Chippiewill
07-10-2010, 06:33 PM
Well, their's loadsa minecraft threads now, I can has Minecraft sub forum?!?!?!?!?!

Verrou
09-10-2010, 09:04 AM
"Yay"

msgtooshort.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!