PDA

View Full Version : Virus??

Samantha
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Well, my other laptop what was originally from school a couple of years ago keep getting pop ups and saying theres spyware/malware/virus on my laptop.

I went onto admin user name, and whenever I removed them, about 12 more came back.
I don't know if it's a real virus, or what it is, because it's never done it before, and haven't clicked anything or changed anything on the laptop.

Only thing I have done in the past 24 hours is clicked a youtube channel.
Any ideas? My laptops scanning now, and should I tell my parents, all ive said is that the laptops scanning.

Alexx..
04-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Backup all your stuff and format your HD.

Samantha
04-10-2010, 05:58 PM
I tried backing it all up, in end I just deleted it, as it's only Habbo gfx.

I saved qite a bit, but then it kept saying it was corrupt or something. And what would you lose if you formatted your hd?

Jack!
04-10-2010, 06:02 PM

I saved qite a bit, but then it kept saying it was corrupt or something. And what would you lose if you formatted your hd?

You would lose everything, including your operating system, so you have to reinstall

Alexx..
04-10-2010, 06:03 PM

Everything, your whole computer would be wiped. You'd need to install everything again including your OS and any programmes you want.

Samantha
04-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Well I can't really do that then, like I said it's from school. I have no idea how to get the anti virus back, or anything to do with hp, only thing i can get back is PS, FX, ID, n thats it :/

Rapidshare
04-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Send it back to school, they will fix it.

Jack!
04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Well I can't really do that then, like I said it's from school. I have no idea how to get the anti virus back, or anything to do with hp, only thing i can get back is PS, FX, ID, n thats it :/

System restore from a few days/weeks ago?

Ardemax
05-10-2010, 05:33 AM
When the messages pop up, are they from your anti-virus or are they un-recognisable (you haven't seen them before)?

Samantha
05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
They are from Sophos anti virus, it said the virus or w/e was in PS so i deleted and uninstalled PS, and then i went on admin, and wiped the quaranteined items, and it stopped. but my dad went on later and it kept coming onL/

Ardemax
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
is Sophos your anti virus then?

Samantha
05-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Yeah well Sophos was the one that came with the laptop.
I think it's fixed now though. - It wouldn't system restore or anything.
Basically, atm, I had to delete everything that it was saying had the virus, hp printer, ps, id, etc, but some wouldn't delete etc.
But as it stands it's gone atm.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!