PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Richie
05-10-2010, 12:26 PM
It would be cool if we had something like facebook, but on each post. 'Like' sometimes I'd stumble across a post I like but really don't know what to say. Rep should be used only in terms of 'good posts'. Plus you sometimes you can't rep people and it gets annoying. This could allow those who are not logged in, to 'like' a post, which would be good.

Just a suggestion,
Rich.

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 12:27 PM
I like this (get it), but don't know how hard it'll be to implement.

Nemo
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Didnt you suggest this before and it was turned down because they wanted to increase the amount rep was used .

Richie
05-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I like this (get it), but don't know how hard it'll be to implement.

I'm sure theres a plugin : )

Didnt you suggest this before and it was turned down because they wanted to increase the amount rep was used .

Can't remember :P

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
I'm sure theres a plugin : )

You know what Jin and Plugins are like :l

Could just implement the actual FACEBOOK like button, sure that wouldn't be too hard with a bit of editing of the styles so in every post "like" comes up....

Nemo
05-10-2010, 12:46 PM

Could just implement the actual FACEBOOK like button, sure that wouldn't be too hard with a bit of editing of the styles so in every post "like" comes up....
then itd show up on ur facebook, i highly doubt anyone would like that

Sarah
05-10-2010, 12:54 PM

This is the reason I'm against it. I think people should try and use the reputation system more.

Josh
05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I'd like to be able to like a post but not rep it, (incase I need to spread), however Jin doesn't like plugins and I don't want it showing up on my facebook feed so no thanks!

marriott0.01
05-10-2010, 01:24 PM

Hmmmmmmmm guess that could be a problem haha.

HotelUser
05-10-2010, 02:04 PM
This is the reason I'm against it. I think people should try and use the reputation system more.

I agree with this, Habbox Forum has a somewhat unique reputation system. I think it's just fine especially after James added the rep counter at the bottom of each post.

Jamesy
05-10-2010, 02:13 PM

Facebook is built into vB4 from 4.0.3 onwards. As others have said that having it show on their facebook feed is not really desired. Aside from this the only plugin to replicate it is unreliable enough on a smaller community, on here it would be a complete nightmare and one I'm not particularly keen even if Jin was in favour of it.

---------- Post added 05-10-2010 at 03:13 PM ----------

I agree with this, Habbox Forum has a somewhat unique reputation system. I think it's just fine especially after James added the rep counter at the bottom of each post.

and this! :)

Samantha
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Hffm have a thumbs up smile, what's wrong with using one of them instead?

Calvin
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
@ Everyone that are saying it'll show up on your Facebook wall, I think he means where you can like it and it doesn't go to your Facebook or whatever.

wixard
05-10-2010, 07:59 PM
can we have thanks?

it would just be so much easier, every other forum i use has it

Stephen
05-10-2010, 08:04 PM
just do this and boom you got a like button on every post if everyone does it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!