PDA

View Full Version : Someone said to me ...

Circadia
05-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I showed them one of my drawings and they said to me. Have habbox ever done a drawing competition? I said no (as far as I'm aware they haven't) so they said why dont they do one? so i was thinking why dont you have a competition where you can draw a famous celebrity or something. Just an idea :)?

Inseriousity.
05-10-2010, 08:23 PM
I was going to do a drawing competition once but didn't really think there was much of a demand for it!

Circadia
05-10-2010, 08:24 PM
HUMMMM that would be the problem i suppose

Jamesy
05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
could always run it as a forum specific one in graphics

Circadia
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
could do that :)

Nemo
05-10-2010, 08:36 PM
i dont think many ppl show their drawings despite whether they're good or not. I used to draw quite a bit and used to post them, but havent in quite a while. Saying that, i would actually enter if there was a comp.

Calvin
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
This could be merged in with the monthly graphics competition, like post the one for the Pixel Artists and a competition for the Drawing Artists at the same time therefore it would attract both crowds. :)

Yupt
06-10-2010, 10:07 PM
There have been a couple, drawing via paint or similar programmes.

If you mean drawing by hand, and then scanning, it's something I have thought about but I didn't think would go down too well due to the fact the people entering would have a long list of tasks to complete in order to enter. I think this would put people off getting involved with the competition, and we aim to get as many people contributing as possible.

But it's worth thinking about, i'm sure one us of will find a way around it and hopefully have a nice competition for you :D

Thanks for your ideas ;)

rnix
06-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Why don't you make the competition to run like over a longer period of time than a normal competition, thus meaning you can gain more entries.

Gina
07-10-2010, 06:08 PM
i love drawing :S and i'd love to see a drawing comp on hxf :S
ive done like 5 inn my book since today and yesterday ;'[

Alex3213
07-10-2010, 06:17 PM
There have been a couple, drawing via paint or similar programmes.

If you mean drawing by hand, and then scanning, it's something I have thought about but I didn't think would go down too well due to the fact the people entering would have a long list of tasks to complete in order to enter. I think this would put people off getting involved with the competition, and we aim to get as many people contributing as possible.

But it's worth thinking about, i'm sure one us of will find a way around it and hopefully have a nice competition for you :D

Thanks for your ideas ;)

That's not what she's on about though I believe, hand drawn drawings is what she is talking about. Demand I guess, really, I wouldn't say that many people would actually give it ago because I know for one I wouldn't, mainly because I'm crap at drawing but in addition it's not an interest to present my work like that.

Competitions only last 5 days for the Competitions Department, however I think it would be nice to have it on the off occasion (key word there, don't have it frequently, every quarter at maximum really me thinks) as one for the "Other Graphics Forum" which would last around 10 days to give people plenty of time to be inspired and draw.

AgnesIO
08-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I like this idea, however as normal we have to take in to consideration the amount of people who actually draw. However I do see no harm in at least trialling this - it would be better for it to be forum specific however.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!