PDA

View Full Version : alkaline diet

Richie
06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Has anyone tried it before? I want to try it but I don't know why to buy & were to buy it. I understand the alkaline diet is just all liquid but its meant to be healthy.

Tips please if you know any.

Wig44.
06-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Has anyone tried it before? I want to try it but I don't know why to buy & were to buy it. I understand the alkaline diet is just all liquid but its meant to be healthy.

Tips please if you know any.

Any all liquid diet is bad, and diets consisting of food that supposedly is alkaline in the body is unfounded pseudoscientific **. No, calcium is not leeched from your bones when you eat meat, blah blah blah. "But bacteria can't survive in alkaline environments!!", well guess what else can't survive in an alkaline environment? Us.. I think that covers some of the main arguments of eating an alkaline diet, or those stupid water + lemon juice detox diets. All a load of crap.

Soy
06-10-2010, 03:56 PM
just eat less than your maintenence

Special
06-10-2010, 04:03 PM
how is an 'all liquid diet' healthy for you lol...

i'm sure there are more better, safer methods of dieting

Richie
06-10-2010, 04:15 PM
how is an 'all liquid diet' healthy for you lol...

i'm sure there are more better, safer methods of dieting

some guy I know lost 11 pounds in 3days from it ;p

Special
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
some guy I know lost 11 pounds in 3days from it ;p

i'm not surprised it's basically starvation!

it can't be good for you, but if you're keen on doing it go for it be sure to post the results you get from it

Stephen
06-10-2010, 04:18 PM
That don't mean it's safe

qaxzsw
06-10-2010, 06:52 PM
That don't mean it's safe

amen.

People need to go on healty diets. I hate people who go on those crash diets that are really unhealthy then COMPLAIN about being hungry. You're the one putting yourself through that. You can go on a diet and not be hungry...

BTW, I'm trying to gain weight, and I'm doing that healthily so lose weight healthily!

Wig44.
07-10-2010, 10:43 PM
11 pounds in 3 days = lost water weight. Less carbs = less water retained = insta weight less from that, then much slower weight loss from fat. Plus his/her metabolism will bottom out to account for the major calorie restriction. Not to mention all the deficiencies. This argument (they lost weight it must be saefz!!!) reminds me of the argument that people use over drinking urine. "Urine is sterile - it is ok to drink!", err no - sulphuric acid and mercury are sterile, fancy drinking them?

Jessicrawrr
09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
If you do that then one day you might pig out and put all of that weight back on, and it's not healthy so why do it?

Apple
10-10-2010, 12:00 AM
There's just no need for it. Plan out a 1.5k calorie diet and follow it for a week. If you see no changes in weight then drop down to 1k. It might be a lot harder for you if you have a larger appetite but if you want to lose weight it's never going to be easy.. Nothing wrong with a bit of exercise to burn energy either.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!