PDA

View Full Version : The updated graphics rules

dbgtz
10-10-2010, 10:07 AM
"3): If you suspect a graphic of being plagiarised, PM the Moderator of that section, a Super Moderator or the (Assistant) Forum Manager with proof. Don't post in the thread as this creates a bad atmosphere and could cause arguments."

That's just stupid and time wasting? If they have ripped an alt I don't want to bother going to post a mod who might not even deal with it for a few days therefore whoever ripped it still getting kudos for an alt they never done which isn't fair on whoever actually made it. I think it was fine the way it was and you're acting as if this whole forum is full of kids which doesn't really help attract people. People like independence.

myke
10-10-2010, 10:09 AM
Well not really, it's just stopping arguments about whether something is ripped - if a moderator deals with it then it cant be argued, what's the point in having an open thread with people posting saying 'lol ripped' 'look he ripped it - LINK HERE' ... when the moderator can just shut the thread and edit the first post - it really doesn't matter that much!

AgnesIO
10-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Well not really, it's just stopping arguments about whether something is ripped - if a moderator deals with it then it cant be argued, what's the point in having an open thread with people posting saying 'lol ripped' 'look he ripped it - LINK HERE' ... when the moderator can just shut the thread and edit the first post - it really doesn't matter that much!

I would rather ruin the persons reputation. If you steal someone elses work, you deserve to be moaned at x

dbgtz
10-10-2010, 10:17 AM

because it is a forum which you're meant to post in... and...

I would rather ruin the persons reputation. If you steal someone elses work, you deserve to be moaned at x

I agree with this.

Jamesy
10-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Surely a big red "*Removed* Edited by X please do not rip blah" would achieve the same. It's the same rule it's always been and Myke's pretty much summed it up :)

dbgtz
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Surely a big red "*Removed* Edited by X please do not rip blah" would achieve the same. It's the same rule it's always been and Myke's pretty much summed it up :)

no, its like a teacher telling you softly not to do it again.

Jamesy
10-10-2010, 10:41 AM
no, its like a teacher telling you softly not to do it again.

you're still free to -Rep. It's not just an edit, they get a PM too so to use your analogy it's like a teacher taking them out of the room to explain what they've done before sending them back in with a clearer idea.

Samantha
10-10-2010, 10:43 AM
I'd prefer to have the independence to ask if someone has ripped anothers work. As they are most likely to post on other forums.

This just means that the person who ripped the graphics get more praise, and occasionally more rep for something that isn't theirs.

Instead of PMing a moderator or anything, why can't you just report the post where the ripped work is in.
Quicker tbh, that way more people can see the reported post. If you get what I mean.

Sarah
10-10-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd prefer to have the independence to ask if someone has ripped anothers work. As they are most likely to post on other forums.

This just means that the person who ripped the graphics get more praise, and occasionally more rep for something that isn't theirs.

Instead of PMing a moderator or anything, why can't you just report the post where the ripped work is in.
Quicker tbh, that way more people can see the reported post. If you get what I mean.

The report system can be used and as long as there is sufficient evidence it will be dealt with.

@Milestone I don't think you should be rude if they have committed the rule break - you are not the person to ridicule someone if they have something wrong - Moderators will deal with them. (you can however -rep them as posted above) and by doing this you could get yourself into trouble.

Storking
10-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Just another example of the over-moderation on this forum, I thought the rules were becoming more relaxed not stricter? >_>

"create a bad atmosphere and could cause arguments" - i'm sure the majority of the people on this forum are mature and this is just continuously trying to wrap us in cotton wool to have the 'perfect/friendly' forum. The likely scenario is an argument wouldn't even occur because of this in the first place, but if it does - surely a moderator's job is to THEN sort it out, not sort it out before anything has even happened.

Jamesy
10-10-2010, 11:14 AM
How is it over moderation? I've removed all of the pointless ones and the only ones left are common sense. I've also deliberately worded it as guidelines to not seem as rule heavy and in the very next one on the list I've specified you need to cite your sources when using other graphics. It's not creating the perfect happy friendly peace and love hippy forum. It's the same rule it's always been because it's not a users job to sort it out. There are other means at your disposal to register your displeasure at their actions, but accusing of ripping, scamming (as per the normal rules) is not good.

for reference, here are the old ones:

1. If you are not going to give constructive criticism, don't post at all - Do not reply to alteration posts with things like: bad/good/awesome. If you think somebody's alt is bad then tell him or her how to improve it and actually help. If you are going to post, then post CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM or at least comment about the actual graphic as to why you think it is good or bad. If you shall not do this, then action will be taken by one of the Moderators or Super Moderators.
2. Everyone has a right to make alts, don't say otherwise - Everybody is allowed to make alterations if they want, posts like 'Stop making alterations!' are not allowed on any level and will get you into trouble.
3. Do not post gory or vulgar images - This includes lots of blood, real or pixel art and pictures of a sexual nature.
4. Don't be rude about people's alterations - Try to give constructive criticism instead of blatantly being rude to wards somebody due to their alteration skills.
5. Don't use other people's alterations without permission - Only use other peoples alterations with permission as this will cause a lot of fuss if you do not have permission.
6. Don't shout at somebody to remove his or her alteration because it is stolen - If you find a stolen image that someone is using and claiming is theirs without permission, PM a Graphics category moderator and he/she will sort it out.
7. Don't accuse anybody of stealing an alteration without proof - Also, when you are posting an alteration that has some parts of someone else's alteration you must state this otherwise you may end up getting in trouble.
8. Don't post competitions in the graphics section - If you have a really good idea you can PM the competition manager but you must never post them in the graphics section.
9. Don't ask for any kind of pay for alterations - There is no way we can be sure it is not a scam, if you are caught doing this there will be a punishment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!