PDA

View Full Version : [Alteration] New York Canvas

Describe
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
This was inspired by the original b/w skyline poster in Habbo. I remember I did a 2D version back in the day and after doing my black and white room, I thought I would begin making the furniture for it, this being the first.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9721/newyorkcanvas.gif
Hope you like it!

Cheryl
11-10-2010, 05:32 PM
that's quite good :) you putting it in a retro?

Describe
11-10-2010, 05:36 PM
that's quite good :) you putting it in a retro?
No I'm putting it in another alteration of a room I designed yesterday but I'd happily hand it over to anyone who wants to use it for such purpose.

RandomManJay
13-10-2010, 07:55 AM
It's really nice. I love monotone. The only thing I have a problem with is the blacklines in the middle, representing the corners. I think they should be a lighter shade of grey instead of black.

Suspective
13-10-2010, 08:08 AM
It looks brilliant and is an excellent replica. I could see it being put in the real Hotel!

Narnat,
13-10-2010, 01:29 PM
I think it's really brilliant and It has so much detail in something so small! +Rep

Describe
13-10-2010, 02:16 PM
It's really nice. I love monotone. The only thing I have a problem with is the blacklines in the middle, representing the corners. I think they should be a lighter shade of grey instead of black.
It's always good to get a comment from you because you're always correct, I have actually done that version but I didn't post it! Thanks mate.

Thanks for all your comments, it's good to know your work is appreciated. +REP FOR ALL. :)

dbgtz
13-10-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it's good, but there's always room for improvements.
1 - you need to add shading to the actual block itself if you get what I mean? You need to imagine it as a r/l piece of furniture :P
2 - maybe add light rays coming out of the windows?
3 - what sarcastix said.

Describe
13-10-2010, 03:01 PM
I think it's good, but there's always room for improvements.
1 - you need to add shading to the actual block itself if you get what I mean? You need to imagine it as a r/l piece of furniture :P
2 - maybe add light rays coming out of the windows?
3 - what sarcastix said.
I'll give the light coming out the windows a go, I don't really know how to do that so it looks like I'll be doing some inspiration searching. :P

Cheers for your reply.

Mr-Trainor
13-10-2010, 04:02 PM
It looks very nice in my opinion, especially with it being 3D. I can see a lot of detail on it and no errors, very good! +rep

Describe
13-10-2010, 04:42 PM
It looks very nice in my opinion, especially with it being 3D. I can see a lot of detail on it and no errors, very good! +rep
Thanks for your post, reputation returned!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!