PDA

View Full Version : Never seen this before :S

FlyingJesus
12-10-2010, 02:17 PM
So like dunno if this happens often but I was just mining around trying to find more iron and this corridor opens up, so I follow it and come across a couple of antechambers of the kind that I've never seen on single player.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Stankey/what.png

The chests in both rooms were also already there, with a few bits and pieces like gunpowder and string and buckets as well as a couple of saddles which you can apparently use to ride pigs. Totally gonna try that if I ever find the way out but yeah anyone else had a find like this?

Nemo
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Its a mob spawner, you're technically in a dungeon. You can use that and make urself a mob trap and just farm the crap out of whatever spawns (u can see if u look close to the spawner). Put torches all around it to stop the stuff spawning though.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Mob_spawner

more info on it

jackass
12-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Yeah, as above, you're in a dungeon.

But don't smash the mob spawner in the hope of picking it up! Notch disabled this a while back, so it'll just be gone forever if you smash it! :P

FlyingJesus
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Well nothing spawns atm because I'm on peaceful :P but cool how do I make a trap like just put water all around it or something and weird that there are ready built chests there lol but useful I guess, nice that I've got two right near each other for ultra farming haha

Ardemax
12-10-2010, 05:57 PM
If you had your thing on peaceful from the beginning, can dungeons be formed/created?

Chippiewill
12-10-2010, 08:24 PM
If you had your thing on peaceful from the beginning, can dungeons be formed/created?
I thought you couldn't, although if the map was generated on normal then it should be fine.

Verrou
13-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Naw dungeons spawn on every world, no matter if it's peaceful or not. They just don't spawn mobs. Easiest way to find them is to use Cartograph and make it search for only Mossy Cobble. Unless you've placed some, it will point them all out as dungeons are the only place where it appears naturally :)

Stephen
13-10-2010, 02:00 PM
has anyone ever used that xray program? where you can no clip all around your world and choose what stuff to highlight eg. gold, diamond, mobspawners etc?

Middlesbrough
13-10-2010, 02:14 PM
has anyone ever used that xray program? where you can no clip all around your world and choose what stuff to highlight eg. gold, diamond, mobspawners etc?

I've heard of this but Ive never managed to see it being used :P

Verrou
13-10-2010, 06:56 PM
There are tonnes of programmes that do this. But IMHO if you are going to use a programme like that, you may aswell just use INVEdit to give yourself a million diamond and iron etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!