PDA

View Full Version : Rep

Samantha
13-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Although there has been many threads recently about rep being pointless, I thought I would show my feedback to the rep.

Firstly, I notice that if I wrongly give +rep or -rep to someone, I can't rectify this? This could lead to all sorts of complications. Such as the person reporting an unfair reputation thing, which can be time consuming.
I feel you would save a lot of time, by allowing the rep to be deleted within about 15 minutes of giving it? Just like the editing post rule.
Unless you can already do this, and I'm being silly.
Just a thought.

On the other hand, what about seeing who you + and - rep. As I just +repped someone and I wanted to look back on the comment I left.
Just a thought yet again. Like a rep history, if you will.

Richie
13-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Although there has been many threads recently about rep being pointless, I thought I would show my feedback to the rep.

Firstly, I notice that if I wrongly give +rep or -rep to someone, I can't rectify this? This could lead to all sorts of complications. Such as the person reporting an unfair reputation thing, which can be time consuming.
I feel you would save a lot of time, by allowing the rep to be deleted within about 15 minutes of giving it? Just like the editing post rule.
Unless you can already do this, and I'm being silly.
Just a thought.

On the other hand, what about seeing who you + and - rep. As I just +repped someone and I wanted to look back on the comment I left.
Just a thought yet again. Like a rep history, if you will.

I suggested this around the time I suggested they brought in a feature so we could see old rep, they said it would be pointless.

Samantha
13-10-2010, 04:51 PM
How would it be pointless tbh. It would improve it imo. I would actually give rep more if I couldactually see who I gave it to.

Jamesy
13-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I suggested this around the time I suggested they brought in a feature so we could see old rep, they said it would be pointless.

Do you have a link to that thread to hand?

Your idea has inspired me to come up with a grander scheme of things to incorporate a lot of these similar additions that have been suggested later. Only just came into my head so I can't expand yet but when I get time I'll set to work.

Alex3213
13-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Was gonna say I thought you thought of this (although it's been mentioned many times before) ! No, I disagree. It's not pointless. I'd like to see it, it would remind me why I have to spread or stuff.

Err first suggestion sounds good as long as it is only fifteen minutes.

Samantha
13-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Well that will be fun to look forward to lmao.

Hopefully a lot of members will like the changes.

Also, if you ever rep someone wrongly, within the 15 minutes time, you could always look at the people you repped, so you know where to find the post and stuff. :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!