PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft minimum specs?

Camy
14-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey,
I've been wanting to get minecraft for a while now, and just came into some money, so i think im gonna go for it.

I was just wondering though, as I can't find anywhere that tells me, neither can my old friend google, what are the minimum specs for it to run?
I've only got a netbook right now with like a 1gb of ram, so i dont want to buy it, then it not to work.

Josh
14-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Heya. It's a good buy so I definitely reccomend it. It should work fine on your computer but if you want more info, there's a thread on the minecraft forums:

here. (http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29145)

Enjoy.

Verrou
15-10-2010, 03:03 AM
It would run on a Macintosh 128K rofls honestly. There are like no minimum reqs.

Chippiewill
16-10-2010, 05:35 PM
It would run on a Macintosh 128K rofls honestly. There are like no minimum reqs.
You'd be surprised, it's not a huge CPU hog but it'll eat RAM right up.

jackass
16-10-2010, 05:46 PM

There really are. My computer is okay, but certainly not the best, and if I put it on "fancy" and render distance as "far", then it completely kills it, and my RAM is basically all taken up. :P

Camy
21-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the help.
It runs on the netbook, but its ridiculously laggy, and eats up most of my ram even on the lowest settings, but its cool, im getting a macbook pro or imac next week, so i might actually be able to play it then :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!