PDA

View Full Version : HxL Staff Visit

AgnesIO
14-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Was just wondering..

Should HxL have another staff visit - why not email a few habbo staff. Since the merge, it would be a great way to get more international users on the website.

I know people will go on about staff not caring about fansites, but some of them quite enjoy coming on to dj. Trying won't hurt will it? :)

Suspective
14-10-2010, 06:16 PM
I agree. It would really attract some listeners to HabboxLive, and maybe even bump up the listener figures for a bit!

AgnesIO
14-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I agree. It would really attract some listeners to HabboxLive, and maybe even bump up the listener figures for a bit!

If people enjoy listening to the show, there is no doubt people would come back again. Especially younger members. After all if a website can get HABBO STAFF on it, they must be amazing? ;)

Mathew
14-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Providing it is planned well in advance and Habbox make a big deal about it then it will be a success. Previously it's always been "Tune in to HxL in 5 mins to see Ludus woooo" whereas, there should have been banners and posts about it days in advance.

So yeah :)

Conservative,
14-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Good idea, but tbh, if all the DJs are as good as they're said to be, they'd be able to get the high listeners anyway ;] lol.

But yeah it'd be cool :) and I agree with Mathew, we'd need to publicize it a lot more than normal :)

Hecktix
14-10-2010, 06:20 PM
A staff visit for the forum wouldn't hurt either. I would email them but I've already sent them an email moaning today haha :P

despect
14-10-2010, 06:22 PM
i actually think this is a really good idea especially with the listeners not being as good as they used to be i personally feel it could bring new users in and as oli said a staff visit to the forum could also help a lot. :)

AgnesIO
14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Providing it is planned well in advance and Habbox make a big deal about it then it will be a success. Previously it's always been "Tune in to HxL in 5 mins to see Ludus woooo" whereas, there should have been banners and posts about it days in advance.

Definitely. Lot's of advertising is crucial for it to work.

Good idea, but tbh, if all the DJs are as good as they're said to be, they'd be able to get the high listeners anyway ;] lol.

At the end of the day, our DJ's are not as good as they used to be in general - obviously this is an opinion, but DJ's used to be slightly older I think - I preferred that but who knows.

Everyone knows a staff visit causes a surge of users.

A staff visit for the forum wouldn't hurt either. I would email them but I've already sent them an email moaning today haha :P

Brilliant job Oli haha

Yeah asking staff to come on the forums would be brilliant too - have a forum specifically for them for that short while. Again it needs to be advertised in events, oin the radio etcetera - there is no point them coming if it isn't going to bring in new members!

If users have to sign up to the forum to ask a question, at least some of them are likely to think 'I quite like this, I will keep posting on here'.

xxMATTGxx
14-10-2010, 06:25 PM
As long as they don't get all Anti-On us when they read our latest email, then I suppose it wouldn't hurt that much to try and get someone on HabboxLive again. It was a fantastic show when Bucho6 went around the fansites before he left working for Habbo for good. Shame he left but can't do much about that! Let's hope Habbo want to interact with the fansites!

AgnesIO
14-10-2010, 06:26 PM
As long as they don't get all Anti-On us when they read our latest email, then I suppose it wouldn't hurt that much to try and get someone on HabboxLive again. It was a fantastic show when Bucho6 went around the fansites before he left working for Habbo for good.

May I ask what your email was about? If they have any sense they will want to get you and them on each others good sides. They SHOULD realise how important it is to keep fansites' supporting them,

Hecktix
14-10-2010, 06:28 PM
May I ask what your email was about? If they have any sense they will want to get you and them on each others good sides. They SHOULD realise how important it is to keep fansites' supporting them,

Premium Services :P So when they read that one Habbox'll probably be Sulake enemy #1 again.

We do have Redtiz who visits the forum quite regularly as well, with safety tips :)

Jessicrawrr
14-10-2010, 06:30 PM
this will definitley bump up the listeners, and after the visit i'm sure lots of the listeners that tuned in for the staff would stick around, the days after the staff visit should be making the listeners want to stay tuned in by using competitions stuff like that to make them want to stick around.

Gina
14-10-2010, 06:34 PM
I think this is a good idea, last time habbox got like 800 listeners or something i think wen bucho went on +rep :D

gangstaagent1
14-10-2010, 06:35 PM
This is a good idea however as Mathew explained, we would need to premote it. Also, General Management would need to get their permission to do something like this as said before. I think that this would be an amazing idea though as there would be a massive listener base and we might be able to keep some of those listener. I hope to see this happen in the near future as it is a great idea.

Sharon
14-10-2010, 06:37 PM
I'd like to see this. It would bring HxL some much needed attention as it's pretty much slipping away atm.

sammy
14-10-2010, 06:42 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea. Obviously we're struggling a little on the listener end of things but something like this could, as said before, get those listeners up and hopefully we'll be able to maintain some of them and they'll stick around.

In my opinion the listener drop is not too much about show quality, more about the fact that Habbox is struggling to attract a new audience and something like this would be the base for more people to tune in, sign up to the forum and just generally join the community. :)

Inseriousity.
14-10-2010, 06:44 PM

I agree, it always shocked me when they had big shows (gave out a throne once with no advertising til 5 mins before!). I actually thought this was going to be a feedback show on a recent hxl staff visit where I'd have complained 'where was the advertising?!' but as it's not, they're excused!

Advertising is my forté, if they wanna hire me, let me know ;)
www.habboxforum.com/comps (http://www.habboxforum.com/comps)

Back on topic, yeah it'd be good exposure for the site and would be a nice way to start gemma's 'reign' as manager. Start as you mean to go on :D

AgnesIO
14-10-2010, 06:45 PM
I think this is a wonderful idea. Obviously we're struggling a little on the listener end of things but something like this could, as said before, get those listeners up and hopefully we'll be able to maintain some of them and they'll stick around.

In my opinion the listener drop is not too much about show quality, more about the fact that Habbox is struggling to attract a new audience and something like this would be the base for more people to tune in, sign up to the forum and just generally join the community. :)

I do agree with this, and sadly I don't think habbox capitalised on the merge very well. Of course that is the past, so now we have to work towards getting back up - and I think a forum/radio visit could do this - assuming the staff after the email will still do it.

I just thought of it after scrolling to the bottom and seeing 33 listeners were tuned in to your show Sam - not too long ago at this time that would have been verging 200 listeners. And I don't think your show is the only one - so obviously it isn't just you being a rubbish DJ (probably contributes :P)

Joking in that last bit Sam!

Roxy
15-10-2010, 08:13 PM
This is something I have wanted to organise for a while so now that we have some staff contact I will try to get one arranged asap!

sammy
15-10-2010, 08:17 PM
I do agree with this, and sadly I don't think habbox capitalised on the merge very well. Of course that is the past, so now we have to work towards getting back up - and I think a forum/radio visit could do this - assuming the staff after the email will still do it.

I just thought of it after scrolling to the bottom and seeing 33 listeners were tuned in to your show Sam - not too long ago at this time that would have been verging 200 listeners. And I don't think your show is the only one - so obviously it isn't just you being a rubbish DJ (probably contributes :P)

Joking in that last bit Sam!

Haha, well ye yesterday they were pretty damn low but today they seem to have increased a bit, we're on 61 right now but they were 67 just a sec ago! Things are improving in terms of listeners slowly but surely ;).

That's great Roxy, this is exactly what HxL and/or HxF needs to get on track again :D!

Josh
16-10-2010, 06:26 AM
I just don't think it'll work. If HabboxLive gets a staff visit, other fansites are going to ask to do it as well. This'll lead to 10+ other fansites wanting staff to DJ which will make Sulake put a stop on it for good due to the time it demands.

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 08:11 AM
I just don't think it'll work. If HabboxLive gets a staff visit, other fansites are going to ask to do it as well. This'll lead to 10+ other fansites wanting staff to DJ which will make Sulake put a stop on it for good due to the time it demands.

Ludus went on CH a lot and never anywhere else, so you can't guarantee it.

Suspective
16-10-2010, 09:02 AM
Its up to Sulake, who they accept and deny. They can visit whichever sites they want.

Josh
16-10-2010, 09:52 AM
They (that word will change in a day) should actually get a PLAYER DJ on right now before thinking of getting STAFF Djs on.

AgnesIO
16-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Apparently you are the only one who thinks this. If what does happen, happens, this is why you beat them to it.

Perhaps you could also aim to get a staff visit for the grand opening of habbox version 6??

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Apparently you are the only one who thinks this. If what does happen, happens, this is why you beat them to it.

Perhaps you could also aim to get a staff visit for the grand opening of habbox version 6??

When is Version 6?

xxMATTGxx
16-10-2010, 02:27 PM
When is Version 6?

Version 6 is the Habbox.com 6th Version, basically what you see on Habbox.com now will not look the same in V6. We are overhauling the whole .com website and will be bringing in a brand new layout, features, systems and so on.

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Version 6 is the Habbox.com 6th Version, basically what you see on Habbox.com now will not look the same in V6. We are overhauling the whole .com website and will be bringing in a brand new layout, features, systems and so on.

I know WHAT, I said WHEN xD! But yeah cool sounds good, I call DJing for it :}

Josh
16-10-2010, 02:31 PM
When is Version 6?

Summer...

@Milestone

Oh. I just thought that once one fansite gets a regular staff DJ, everyone one is going to ask and Sulake will get fed up and put a stop to it, guess I was wrong.

xxMATTGxx
16-10-2010, 02:46 PM
I know WHAT, I said WHEN xD! But yeah cool sounds good, I call DJing for it :}

Oh sorry! My mistake and before the year is out.

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Oh sorry! My mistake and before the year is out.

Ah ok thanks :D!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!