PDA

View Full Version : RadiPanel Alternatives

DannLea
15-10-2010, 01:00 AM
Hey HXFers!

I need to get my hands on a panel like radiPanel.

I know, I'm going to get some smart remarks like "Why not just use radiPanel..", but the entire idea of this post it to avoid radiPanel. radiPanel is not compatible with my host (for some unforeseen reason), so I'm not able to use it.

I'm not looking for advice on how to fix radiPanel, I just want to move forward. I need a panel like radiPanal, the simplicity, the security, the user idea, but I don't necessarily need all the same features.

I need the news feature.. in fact, that's pretty much all I need. I need a feature to be able to post news articles.

Someone additional that would be awesome would be an upload script included so that you can include files in the news posts.. that'd be amazing.

All the other features, I don't really need. I just need the news bit, as the site I'm using it for really has nothing to do with radio/Habbo.

I don't want a site-generating CMS like WordPress. I want to embed the news articles into my html pages manually, I don't want to have to do through all the crap to get my website into a theme for WordPress.

Any ideas on something that might help would be great!

Thanks,
Dan

Moh
15-10-2010, 03:11 AM
There isn't really any decent alternatives. If you just want news, then maybe cutenews?

Recursion
15-10-2010, 06:57 AM
The liklihood is if Radipanel doesn't work, you'll have problems with other panels.

I don't see why it shouldn't work unless your host is being overly paranoid.

Anyway, all other panels have stopped development and have big security flaws in.

Chippiewill
16-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Just use wordpress, if you want I can post a couple of tutorials on how to get the content out without using the theming system.

Edit: Infact I have an example of it working here: http://motd.spudcommunity.com

DannLea
16-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I don't know what the deal is with my host, but it's not letting radiPanel through

Just use wordpress, if you want I can post a couple of tutorials on how to get the content out without using the theming system.

Edit: Infact I have an example of it working here: http://motd.spudcommunity.com

Thanks for the offer, but WordPress and me don't click.. :P

I've started using 'Pulse' (PulseCMS (http://pulsecms.com/)), which I absolutely love, but I've got a big problem. The files that are the includes are all available for everyone to see.

The CMS basically uses one password for entry to the site, which is convenient considering that there will be few (1-3) people assessing the system. But, the problem is that you can clearly view the config file (root/includes/config.php), which contains the un-encrypted password.. This sucks.

Can someone give me a hand as to find this out? Sorry for all the bagging questions D: I just have a due date.. which was like a week ago haha

Chippiewill
16-10-2010, 12:57 PM
I've started using 'Pulse' (PulseCMS (http://pulsecms.com/)), which I absolutely love, but I've got a big problem. The files that are the includes are all available for everyone to see.

The CMS basically uses one password for entry to the site, which is convenient considering that there will be few (1-3) people assessing the system. But, the problem is that you can clearly view the config file (root/includes/config.php), which contains the un-encrypted password.. This sucks.

Can someone give me a hand as to find this out? Sorry for all the bagging questions D: I just have a due date.. which was like a week ago haha

That doesn't really make sense if it displays the password on the config file. It'll do that when editing sure, but else :l

Why do you hate Wordpress so much?

Recursion
16-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the input. I don't know what the deal is with my host, but it's not letting radiPanel through

If the server is setup correctly you can't see the password without pulling the file through FTP or whatever.

DannLea
16-10-2010, 01:26 PM
That doesn't really make sense if it displays the password on the config file. It'll do that when editing sure, but else :l

Why do you hate Wordpress so much?

It's not that I hate it so much, but I just don't want to go through turning my layout into a theme. I'm too busy to bother. Thanks, though!

If the server is setup correctly you can't see the password without pulling the file through FTP or whatever.

I'm fairly sure I have it set up correctly.. any idea on what I've done wrong?

mark-f
17-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi DannLea, I am the developer of Pulse.

While the password is stored in a php file, there is no way for people to "clearly view" the password. Php files are parsed on the server before the browser ever sees it. The password is in no way accessible from a browser or otherwise. The only way to see your password is to FTP into your site and edit the file. So I'm not sure what your concern is?

Mark

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!