PDA

View Full Version : Name Changes

Samantha
15-10-2010, 06:25 PM
This is a completely different reason to Shaz's thread so I made a new one.

The forum is wasting names. Really.

For example, I just went on the register screen just to see what names were available, and I tried my old forum names, like iPoster, and it wasn't available.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to actually make it available again instead of holding them back.
I feel the only reason people would save their old name is if, it was their name before or their Habbo name.

You could ask people who have required or had a name change via vip, if they want their old name to remain in their possession or do they wish it to be deleted that way someone else can have the benefit of this.

This is not, I repeat not a way of deleting accounts that haven't been accessed in years.

Thanks. :)

AgnesIO
15-10-2010, 08:53 PM
When someone changes their name they no longer have any right over it?

I think if you can't find a user who has your name, but you can't have it either, that means they have been banned.

But yeah, if I changed my name to XYZExample, you could have Milestone straight away

Samantha
15-10-2010, 10:55 PM
But I can't I tried iPoster, I tried Wiktoria, I tried quite a numerous amount it wouldn't let me have any!

Hecktix
15-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I think it takes a while for the database to let you register a name again but eventually you can, I know that much

rnix
15-10-2010, 10:59 PM
I think any permed accounts should be deleted (or renamed) and let the new names be able to register again.

Samantha
16-10-2010, 08:30 PM
But I changed my name from iPoster about 2/3 months ago, surely it doesn't take that long.

Suspective
16-10-2010, 08:36 PM
That would be a good idea. Maybe after a year or so, permanently banned accounts are either re-named with like a dot or hash at the end or physically deleted.

I do think though it would be unpractical giving people rights over an old former name.

Samantha
16-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Well say that...

Wiktoria changes her name to Wikiii
No one has access to the name Wiktoria.
This shouldn't be the case, you should be allowed to register the name Wiktoria.
However, if Wiktoria isn't taken by the time Wiktoria gets fired or resigns then she should be allowed to have the name back.

However, say,

Scott changes his name to Dinasaw
And now the thing gets lifted so now Scott is available, and someone registers with it, and then Scott resigns or gets fired, then he cannot have the name back.

If you get me.

I just think as soon as a name change has been complete, then the name should be able to register again.

:)

Nemo
16-10-2010, 08:41 PM
I think names with less than 5 posts should be deleted ;l

Samantha
16-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Agreed with Nar, they should do like what Habbo did with the usernames that were duplicate.

AgnesIO
16-10-2010, 08:45 PM
I think names with less than 5 posts should be deleted ;l

http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68533

If they do remove users with less than 5 posts they should also be 6 months inactive.

Samantha
16-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Also, the problem with adding an extra character, if they ever do come back they wont be able to log in.

I feel a bit longer inactivity would be better.

But atm, this thread isn't about deleting of accounts.
It's about names.

Nemo
16-10-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/member.php?u=68533

If they do remove users with less than 5 posts they should also be 6 months inactive.
lol i dont want that name dw, i hate my name :P

Even more than 6 months i dont mind, like 2 years even. Just to show they're truely inactive

Suspective
16-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Or just change them into an inactive state and add an extra character on, and e-mail the owner. You can't really do anything more then that. If they really want their account back, they can contact support via the support site or even just pm management.

Samantha
16-10-2010, 08:49 PM
lol i dont want that name dw, i hate my name :P

Even more than 6 months i dont mind, like 2 years even. Just to show they're truely inactive

LOL can see Sierk getting deleted then. ;)
Jks. Obv.

But yeah, if no one is registered with a name like Wiktoria it should be available.

Mr-Trainor
16-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Well say that...

Wiktoria changes her name to Wikiii
No one has access to the name Wiktoria.
This shouldn't be the case, you should be allowed to register the name Wiktoria.
However, if Wiktoria isn't taken by the time Wiktoria gets fired or resigns then she should be allowed to have the name back.

However, say,

Scott changes his name to Dinasaw
And now the thing gets lifted so now Scott is available, and someone registers with it, and then Scott resigns or gets fired, then he cannot have the name back.

If you get me.

I just think as soon as a name change has been complete, then the name should be able to register again.

:)

I agree with this :) I don't really see why it should be any other way, as this seems to make the most sense in my eyes!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!