PDA

View Full Version : Question on cheating/hacking/scripting

Jay.
16-10-2010, 12:28 AM
I have the alpha version of Minecraft and I'm a new user. I'm starting to get used to it, spending time looking for iron blocks + coal down in the caves etc etc.

I wanted to know if there's a way to cheat or script on one of my worlds so I will have whatever I want in my inv or something similar to that. I'd really love that as I just wanna build on one world then play properly on others.

I don't even know where the folders are, and I am talking about single player here ;)

Cheers,
Jay.

FlyingJesus
16-10-2010, 12:36 AM
There are edit programs (InvEdit) which can do this, yeah. Never seemed like much of a plan to me on single player as it kinda defeats the point of it all

Jay.
16-10-2010, 12:39 AM
It depends really as I want to practise my building skills if that makes a difference, I'll play it normally on other single player worlds but thanks.

On a different note, do you know where my load files are? As I downloaded the exe and I don't know where all the Minecraft level files are. XD Thanks!

Verrou
16-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Yeah I have a mess around world also. I use INVEdit to add TNT and stuff to experiment with cannons and have used MCEdit also to flatten large areas of land. But I don't use any types of hacks on any world but that one.

Chippiewill
16-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I have a world for messing around on, testing redstone and minecarts and just for general building with resources which take to long to get for my scale.

Josh
17-10-2010, 01:57 AM
It depends really as I want to practise my building skills if that makes a difference, I'll play it normally on other single player worlds but thanks.

On a different note, do you know where my load files are? As I downloaded the exe and I don't know where all the Minecraft level files are. XD Thanks!

%appdata%/.minecraft/saves

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!