PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in God?

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Any form of God...God, Allah, Buddah ect...but do you believe in one?

immense
16-10-2010, 02:17 PM
yup

none of the ones you mentioned though.

Special
16-10-2010, 02:17 PM
i don't know

Edited by Apple (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Rozi
16-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Nopppeee, none at all.

wixard
16-10-2010, 02:21 PM
no no no no no no no
and when i find out people do i view them in a different way

Nemo
16-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I dont, but i dont completely dismiss the fact that there could be. Its not that im not sure, since i dont think there is, but like i said i dont completely dismiss that there could be one.

Mathew
16-10-2010, 02:22 PM
As much as I'd love to believe in a figure more superior than our governments, I sadly don't think in today's day and age that it's a practical explanation for many of things which happen.

Plus, in any case, religion is usually the cause of wars and arguments between countries and groups of people; and while it does group people together so everyone believes in one thing, it's simply not my cup of tea.

immense
16-10-2010, 02:23 PM
i don't know

Edited by Apple (Forum Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

more pointless posting

i believe that you're your own god. cba to explain myself cuz none of you will understand tbh.

FlyingJesus
16-10-2010, 02:37 PM

If you're going to start this topic you should probably know a bit about theology first. Most importantly, knowing how to distinguish between god and God rather than confusing the thread with a title concerning a specific deity and following it with a far more general query

As much as I'd love to believe in a figure more superior than our governments, I sadly don't think in today's day and age that it's a practical explanation for many of things which happen.

I don't see why not, if I were a more powerful god I'd most likely wreak havoc all over the place just for kicks

i believe that you're your own god. cba to explain myself cuz none of you will understand tbh.

That's Satanism

karter
16-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I do believe that there is God . Budhha , Christ and whatevr stuff , No.

Rixion
16-10-2010, 04:10 PM
No, I think the science theory is more believeable anyway..

Robbie
16-10-2010, 04:12 PM
No, I do not. I'm a non-practicing Catholic. I think religion is losing it's place in society and more and more people are developing Atheist or Agnostic views. Of course, religion will always be there, but I feel we will see a decline in the numbers in the coming years.

immense
16-10-2010, 04:13 PM
No, I do not. I'm a non-practicing Catholic. I think religion is losing it's place in society and more and more people are developing Atheist or Agnostic views. Of course, religion will always be there, but I feel we will see a decline in the numbers in the coming years.

LIES. islam will get bigger.

Robbie
16-10-2010, 04:19 PM
LIES. islam will get bigger.

Shut up Islam doesn't count................. (joke)

LOLOLOL CONTROVERSIAL.

I'll quote some stuff from my Sociology handouts in a minute hehehe.

Inseriousity.
16-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Plus, in any case, religion humans are usually the cause of wars and arguments between countries and groups of people; and while it does group people together so everyone believes in one thing, it's simply not my cup of tea.

I believe in something divine but I'm not a part of any organised religion because they tell me what I think God should be and personally I think God is subjective. He is what he is to you. Doesn't matter if he's actually 'real' or not because if you think he is then he is. :)

Becca
16-10-2010, 06:31 PM
I don't believe in God as a person who looks over the world, but I believe there was someone who made the earth. A big bang wouldn't create this world?

Meree.
16-10-2010, 06:47 PM
No I don't believe in God. They say God created everything, but who created God? When you come to terms about it, it'd be the exact same when some people believe "the big bang" created it all. Because what triggered off the thing that first created if so?

I have no idea when it comes round to it. But lets just be lucky we're even here.

buttons
16-10-2010, 07:11 PM
no no no no no no no
and when i find out people do i view them in a different way
oh.

yeah i do.

Suspective
16-10-2010, 07:15 PM
I believe there is a God. But not many, in different forms.

Even if there isn't one, I think faith is a good thing and has a place in society regardless.

-:Undertaker:-
16-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm agnostic, but I believe in heaven and so forth - it's weird as usually i'd need some proof, but with this I don't.

So if I had to choose, i'd be nearer the Church of England.

Felix
19-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Nope not really, I just don't have all the proof needed :S

GommeInc
19-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Nope, but I don't mind if people do. I think belief in a god is just as healthy and/or dangerous as not believing in a god. The majority of people who believe in the Christian God tend to be decent human beings who believe in charity and selflessness, and that's worth alot :) But then again I've been brought up in that community, and I like the idea of religion anyway - the art, the people, the traditions, the teachings etc, I just don't believe in it as I don't feel there's anything there to base any firm knowledge on, that science has proven more things than religion. Science looks at the meaning of things, while religion looks at the way we treat the world and those around us. One is social, one is physical/technical. That's how I see it at least :P

Sammeth.
19-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Absolutely not, however if people choose to thats fine I don't really change my opinion on them. In fact I'm pretty much one of the only ones in my close circle of friends who isn't religious in any way, and because they don't shove religion down my throat or apply their religious views to any decisions I make or any advice they give me, we get along just fine.

Dean
20-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't believe in God, no. I believe that "God" is an ideology for security in the mind.

-:Undertaker:-
23-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm agnostic, but yeah I believe in heaven - can't explain why.

Richie
23-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Nope, after death its just like a long black dream with no feeling or sensation in the mind. That's my belief anyways.

iRaaave.
23-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes, I do because I'm catholic and I go to a catholic school and I think this stuff is interesting to learn about.

SirTezza
03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
more pointless posting

I think we have the same view on god, but only based from that sentence however.

- I don't believe in god as another entity. I don't believe in god in a theistic sense. God is within each of us. We are own own personal god and we are all capable of becoming godlike beings. The world we live in is just one frequency out of many that many people cannot perceive.

We are all spiritual lightbodies, and once our bodies here die, our spirit moves on. This is all knowledge I have gained through speaking with my own spirit guide and with those in the astral realm, along with sharing my experience with like minded people in this 3d realm.

Panda
03-11-2010, 07:12 PM
na i don't. as far as the creation of the earth is concerned, we aint as smart as we think we are so i believe that we couldn't possibly comprehend exactly how the universe came about

HotelUser
03-11-2010, 07:13 PM
I do believe in God. It makes sense to me because some things are just too mind blowing to be explained logically.

Jordan
03-11-2010, 07:17 PM
No, I don't believe in any beliefs. :P

Chippiewill
03-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Nope, no evidence indicating the existence of one.

I do believe in God. It makes sense to me because some things are just too mind blowing to be explained logically.
Just because you don't understand 1+1 it doesn't mean a god must exist, there is a logical reason behind everything.

Technologic
03-11-2010, 08:42 PM
I just cant simply because the way organised religion incites hatred has forced me to shun it completely

wiktoria
03-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I do believe in God.I don't believe God created us though. I believe that humans were created through evolution. I think something must be up there.

Oleh
06-11-2010, 12:07 AM
We could actually be a Highly realistic game of age of empires.

-Heart
06-11-2010, 12:09 AM
No. Absolute joke.

Eoin247
06-11-2010, 01:13 AM
I Believe there is something out there (maybe god?) and i also think that when we die it is not the end.

Rixion
06-11-2010, 01:29 AM
to an extent, im not a fundamentalist.

for example - 10 plagues, the sea could not have became blood in reality.

SirTezza
06-11-2010, 02:00 AM
God is an energy. We are god, all of us together make god.

God, in my belief is not a specific entity that looks after us, as the theists tell us.

In the old days, before 'Jesus' and during his period of life many people believed that when a person become ill, it was a curse from god. They also believed that when natural disasters happened and destroyed things, it was a punishment from god. Now in those days they had no technology and they could not actively prove or disprove those thoughts.

However as man has progressed, science has grown and conquered. We now know what causes diseases, and what causes those natural disasters, and none of them point to a god that is punishing us. In those old days you can understand why they would believe it was punishment from god, but with what we know now, I am shocked that anyone still believes.

Someone has said above that they believe when we die it isn't over, and you are right! Our bodies (vessels, vehicles) die, but our spirit lives on. Our light body is what is inside us, it is our soul, it is our everything. Just because our body has gone, it doesn't mean we are. This physical world is just 1 dimension among millions. We can't perceive them because we are not looking.

Think of it like this... When you listen to your radio you tune it into one frequency in order to understand and listen to what is being said. Just because you are tuned into that one frequency it doesn't mean those other possible channels don't exist. Those other frequencies are still among you, but you can't hear them because you are not tuned into it.

So with that in mind, it is similar to our own being. There is so much going on around us, but we simply cannot perceive it because we are on a different consciousness level. I now know for a fact that there are other levels because I have spent much of my life achieving a level that allows me to communicate.

Does that make me special? No. Anyone can do it, it is simply that most people don't know it is available to them, or just don't believe.

After all, you should realise there is more to our world, because spirits are so often spotted. You can say that it is coincidence, but rest assured spirits live among us. We can't all see them because they are on a different frequency, and in their light bodies.

Niall!
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Nope, show me someone who believes in god and I'll show you someone with a mental illness.

Sharon
11-11-2010, 09:59 PM
No. In my interpretation of live the earth was just here.. some guy was a bit bored and decided to write the bible.

Seriously though no. I don't think Jesus is real either or anyone else.

FlyingJesus
11-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't think Jesus is real either or anyone else.

Bloody hell

Rixion
12-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Until anything is proven of a "God" existing I will abstain from this question and sit on the fence.

Misawa
12-11-2010, 01:44 AM
No I do not.

Neversoft
12-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I don't think Jesus is real either or anyone else.Bloody hell

Good old solipsism.

Hiro
12-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I do not believe in God, but I do believe in a higher power.

luce
12-11-2010, 09:25 PM

Yes i believe in the Christian God not that any of you, or very few actually understand what that God is. The problem with most Atheists is that they don't even know the traits of the God they don't believe in and if they do then surely that God exists?

Also just thought i'd let you know that God and Allah are the same thing if you're talking about the Muslim and Christian God's if you look at the origin's of Islam, Christianity and Judaism they are all the same God and all share the same scriptures hence why they are named "People of the Book".

Buddhism isn't a religion as such it's basically the five steps/journey to enlightenment and the Buddha isn't a God it's a respected figure. It's not about a relationship with God.

I shall not justify by God i believe in because of the low leveled rebuttals that i will receive so i'll leave you to think what you actually don't believe in and what you actually define as God before you say you don't believed in it.. start with some thing "that than which no greater thing can be conceived" and go from there.

---------- Post added 12-11-2010 at 09:28 PM ----------

No. In my interpretation of live the earth was just here.. some guy was a bit bored and decided to write the bible.

Seriously though no. I don't think Jesus is real either or anyone else.

Actually the Bible was written by a collection of people. The New Testament was written and they are the Jewish scriptures of the Torah. Genesis is said to be written by Moses and then the NT is obviously the gospels Matthew Mark Luke and John then Paul/Saul writes his letters to the Corinthians etc etc there are many books which are letter to the church and to groups of people or by prophets such as Isaiah. Not that i expect you to appreciate that because your answer clearly shows you worship religious ignorance.

MrPinkPanther
12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Actually the Bible was written by a collection of people. The New Testament was written and they are the Jewish scriptures of the Torah. Genesis is said to be written by Moses and then the NT is obviously the gospels Matthew Mark Luke and John then Paul/Saul writes his letters to the Corinthians etc etc there are many books which are letter to the church and to groups of people or by prophets such as Isaiah. Not that i expect you to appreciate that because your answer clearly shows you worship religious ignorance.

Indeed and you make a good point. The earliest part of the New Testament was written over 70 years after Jesus's death, it's based off of hearsay and rumour and not on any kind of factual evidence. Around this time people were lucky to live beyond 50, let alone 70. Jesus's birth was several generations prior to the first part of the bible, how is this a legitimate source?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!