PDA

View Full Version : What political party do you support?

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Who & why (if you want)

for those of you clueless...here are the main political parties & some other known ones:

Labour (Left wing)
Conservative (right wing)
Liberal Democrats (slightly left wing)
British National Party (Radical neo-nazis)
Green party (Environmentalists)
United Kingdom Independence Party
Monster Raving Loony Party (Random party to make a point the political system is stupid)

Any others.. :)

Moved from 'Members Debates' by Recursion (Forum Super Moderator)

buttons
16-10-2010, 09:02 PM
green party

Special
16-10-2010, 09:03 PM
i don't support any because they all seem to be all talk no action from what i've seen

Suspective
16-10-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm reavaluating my supported party at the moment
with the big budget cuts going on and all

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 09:07 PM
Personally, I'm a Conservative. I just don't like Labour's policies and I think Conservatives represent what I stand for more than any other party...but I also like the Monster Raving Loony Party

Suspective
16-10-2010, 09:09 PM
aha they ran in my local area
what i'm a bit annoyed about is how the conservatives are suddenly penalising families.

Hence, why I am evaluating the parties and deciding who I should support.

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 09:12 PM
aha they ran in my local area
what i'm a bit annoyed about is how the conservatives are suddenly penalising families.

Hence, why I am evaluating the parties and deciding who I should support.

Yeah I agree, but even so, Labour got us into this mess...so who's worse?

-:Undertaker:-
16-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Personally, I'm a Conservative. I just don't like Labour's policies and I think Conservatives represent what I stand for more than any other party...but I also like the Monster Raving Loony Party

Well they stand for more or less the same as the Labour Party do, so I can only presume you dislike the colour red?

I would also dispute the label of 'right-wing' applied to the Conservative Party, which afterall; is a party which fully supports the European Union and the European project which aims to federalise and end the European nations, a party which is no longer devoted to lower taxes, a party which has embraced soft tactics on justice, law & order, a party which makes no attempt to re-install grammer schools which was the fairest education system around, a party which supports left-wing interventionism wars against other countries (Iraq and Afghanistan), a party which continues to erode civil liberties + many many more.

And to those politically aware, i've not only just described the Conservative Party; i've just described the Labour Party.

I personally support the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) for the main reason being that most of our laws now come from Brussels, so voting for a pro-EU party in effect doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to how this country is run. I have in the past supported the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives - you can dismiss the Liberal Democrats as the left stage, but the Conservative part was self-delusionment in the vain hope that the Conservative Party was actually conservative.

Callum.
16-10-2010, 10:39 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs906.snc4/71911_443086281526_559936526_5505429_4070735_n.jpg

Losing the faith, I'll need to look more into it.

Conservative,
16-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Well they stand for more or less the same as the Labour Party do, so I can only presume you dislike the colour red?

I would also dispute the label of 'right-wing' applied to the Conservative Party, which afterall; is a party which fully supports the European Union and the European project which aims to federalise and end the European nations, a party which is no longer devoted to
lower taxes, a party which has embraced soft tactics on justice, law & order, a party which
makes no attempt to re-install grammer schools which was the fairest education system around, a party which supports left-wing interventionism wars against other countries (Iraq and
Afghanistan), a party which continues to erode civil liberties + many many more.

And to those politically aware, i've not only just
described the Conservative Party; i've just described the Labour Party.

I personally support the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) for the main reason
being that most of our laws now come from Brussels, so voting for a pro-EU party in effect doesn't make the slightest bit of difference to how this country is run. I have in the past
supported the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives - you can dismiss the Liberal Democrats as the left stage, but the
Conservative part was self-delusionment in the vain hope that the Conservative Party was actually conservative.

Conservatives in general are right wing. And actually red is my favourite colour. I
Simply do not like Labour.

Starburst..x
16-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Im sorry I don't care what anyone says every single one of these parties that apparently represent 'the people' (funny that when for example David Cameron is from a very wealthy background whos family own an estate, so he's definitely not feeling the strain of the recession) have not done us any favours or followed up with their 'promises'. Many are millionaires who have never seen real life in the way that we do (Eton and Oxbridge anyone?) with many of them going straight from uni into Westminster.
They all say what they think we want to hear just to charm their way into power and then completely ignore everything they've ever said (Heey Nick Clegg remember what you said about uni admission fees? No?). Many say Labour produced this mess but lets not forget the riots and loss of jobs, schools, hospitals etc when the tories were in power just before that and so on and so forth. People are fickle and so ready to point fingers and forget about the past that we're never going to learn and keep bringing the same rubbish-talking parties into power. If people are so desperate for the this so called 'change' why have we bought the same dudd parties back into power who couldn't solve it however many years ago and can't solve it now.
The amount of adults I've had turn round to me "just watch this country go down the drain" because lets face it the majority of us on here will probably not be able to afford our first house without being in ridiculous debt, and those of us at uni will more than likely not end up in the career we're studying for. So yeah these parties whether they be Labour, Tory or Lib Dem have done me no favours.

Caution
17-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I don't fully support any. If David Cameron kept his promise to leave the EU I would have supported him as the Tories were the only well known party that supported leaving. He obviously went back on that though, and after learning recently what Thatcher did to the country, I can say I'd never vote/support Conservative. I'm for Scottish Independence, and although the SNP are just Lib Dem/Labour but nationalist I would probably vote UKIP as ridiculous as it sounds because they're the only party that are committed to leaving the EU.

17-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Conservatives in general are right wing. And actually red is my favourite colour. I
Simply do not like Labour.

But I ask, what is right wing about the Tory Party?

Suspective
17-10-2010, 08:18 AM
I don't really see the big problem in being in the EU. Practically every other big country in the continent is in the Union. Plus it has its benefits.

Conservative,
17-10-2010, 08:29 AM
I don't really see the big problem in being in the EU. Practically every other big country in the continent is in the Union. Plus it has its benefits.

Very true tbh. If we leave the EU we will be resented and cause an uproar. The only wealthy european country not in it is Switzerland.

Fez
17-10-2010, 11:04 AM
Pirate Party UK.

17-10-2010, 12:31 PM

Very true tbh. If we leave the EU we will be resented and cause an uproar. The only wealthy european country not in it is Switzerland.

You also have Norway and Iceland (who has been able to devalue her currency unlike Greece who is trapped in the single currency). I'd certainly like to know the benefits - is it the £45m+ a day we give to the place? is it the £100bn+ UK business loses thanks to costly EU regulations? is it being able to pay for expensive wages & pensions for EU ministers? is it being told what to do by a group of unelected federalists?

- We pay higher bills for our food because of the EU (we can't buy from the Commonwealth anymore, we have to buy expensive French agricultural products thanks to the disasterous CAP policy).

- We pay higher energy bills to combat global warming (even though temperatures have been decreasing for the past 10 years) thanks to EU regulations which force us to build expensive and inefficent windfarms.

- Our courts have lost supremacy meaning the ECHR and the ECJ can overrule British courts with foreign law at anytime, thus bringing to an end hundreds of years of habeus corpus & civil liberties.

- Our parliament has lost supremacy meaning the EU and its other bodies can overrule the democratically elected British parliament over a number of issues.

I mean I could go on but we'd be here some day, but just to expose what this project really is for you I will list some quotes (I can also provide many many more upon request which give the real game away);

In 1992 the German chancellor Helmut Kohl told us what was coming: 'The European Union Treaty . . . within a few years will lead to the creation of what the founding fathers of modern Europe dreamed of after the war, the United States of Europe.'

In 1993 the Commission president Jacques Delors explained: 'We're not just here to make a single market, but a political union.'

In 1996 the German president Roman Herzog declared: 'The day of the nation state is over.'

In 1999 Romano Prodi, who took over as Commission president from Jacques Santer, gave an excellent description of how the EU had developed over the years: 'The single market was the theme of the eighties' the single currency was the theme of the nineties; we must now face the difficult task of moving towards a single economy, a single political unity.' and we went on to explain where he was headed: 'For the first time since the fall of the Roman Empire, we have the oppertunity to unite Europe.'

The headof the Bundesbank, Hans Tietmeyer, said; 'A European currency will lead to member nations transferring their sovereignty over financial and wage policy as well as monetary affairs. It is an illusion to think that states can hold on to their autonomy.'

The first president of the European Central Bank (ECB) backed up this view; 'The process of monetary union goes hand in hand, must go hand in hand, with political integration and ultimately political union. EMU (European Monetary Union] is, and always was meant to be, a stepping stone on the way to a United Europe.'

And the second head of the ECB, Jean-Claude Trichet, was also explicit about the EU's powers; ' The Council of Ministers will have more power over the budgets of member states than the federal government in the United States has over the budget of Texas.'

Neversoft
17-10-2010, 12:32 PM
The United Kingdom Independence Party.

hairpins
17-10-2010, 12:32 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs906.snc4/71911_443086281526_559936526_5505429_4070735_n.jpg

Losing the faith, I'll need to look more into it.

pmsl lib dem r conservatives now wudnt dare
labour yes plz!!!!!

Robbie
17-10-2010, 12:41 PM
UKIP.

I laughed at how you described BNP as "radical neo-nazis". Just because they are a right wing party doesn't necessarily mean they are neo-nazis. I also lauged at how you described the Conservative Party as right-wing. They left most right-wing policies behind when they tried to emulate "New Labour" and become the common mans party. All they really did was lose their core vote. Maybe if they held a referendum, in or out of Europe, they'd have won an overall majority thanks to the core vote.

Mrs.McCall
17-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I'm a Labour guy myself.

Although in all honesty all the parties are blending into one at the minute (except the more radical ones obvs)

Conservative,
17-10-2010, 01:39 PM
UKIP.

I laughed at how you described BNP as "radical neo-nazis". Just because they are a right wing party doesn't necessarily mean they are neo-nazis. I also lauged at how you described the Conservative Party as right-wing. They left most right-wing policies behind when they tried to emulate "New Labour" and become the common mans party. All they really did was lose their core vote. Maybe if they held a referendum, in or out of Europe, they'd have won an overall majority thanks to the core vote.

That's essentially what they are, they want to rid the country of immigrants, like the Nazis did with Jews 70 years ago.

Robbie
17-10-2010, 01:41 PM
That's essentially what they are, they want to rid the country of immigrants, like the Nazis did with Jews 70 years ago.

If having an actual mmigration policy and actually wanting to talk about the issue of immigration makes them neo-nazis, then so be it. However, with liblabcon too scared to implement real policy - we will only see a rise in support for BNP.

Inseriousity.
17-10-2010, 02:42 PM
a party which makes no attempt to re-install grammer schools which was the fairest education system around

lololololololol yes, very fair. Very fair that my nana failed her 11 plus on purpose because her family weren't rich enough to afford grammar school uniform, books etc.

I don't really support any party but I am a left-wing so my opinions tend to agree with the parties of that persuasion. I have to confess that I am surprised how well the coalition is doing and think that if there ever was an extreme-right party going into power such as BNP that I hope they're in a coalition with an extreme-left party just so the two can balance each other out, which seems to me to be the best solution.

17-10-2010, 03:33 PM
lololololololol yes, very fair. Very fair that my nana failed her 11 plus on purpose because her family weren't rich enough to afford grammar school uniform, books etc.

I don't really support any party but I am a left-wing so my opinions tend to agree with the parties of that persuasion. I have to confess that I am surprised how well the coalition is doing and think that if there ever was an extreme-right party going into power such as BNP that I hope they're in a coalition with an extreme-left party just so the two can balance each other out, which seems to me to be the best solution.

Because nowadays to get the best education you have to be well off/rich, grammer schools had nothing to do with being rich or poor - they assessed you on your skill and ability which allowed the cleverest to make it to the top regardless of whether or not their parents had money. The 11+ was based on your intellectual ability, not how rich you or your family were. Nowadays to get into the best schools its not about ability; its about having rich parents who can afford to buy a house in the catchment area of the good school.

Sharon
17-10-2010, 03:51 PM
From what I know (thats not really a lot) UKIP seem pretty good.

Inseriousity.
17-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Because nowadays to get the best education you have to be well off/rich, grammer schools had nothing to do with being rich or poor - they assessed you on your skill and ability which allowed the cleverest to make it to the top regardless of whether or not their parents had money. The 11+ was based on your intellectual ability, not how rich you or your family were. Nowadays to get into the best schools its not about ability; its about having rich parents who can afford to buy a house in the catchment area of the good school.

yeah in theory, it was meant to test your intellectual ability but in practice, it doesn't if poor people fail a test on purpose to avoid expensive grammar school education.

Dean
17-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Labour because it's something I've always supported and something my family have all supported.

Sarah
17-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Labour, mainly because of my parents background which is from the welsh miners and its just been drilled into me my whole life to support them. Oh and because it would be pointless voting anything else as conservatives are way of the mark - the only people close are the liberal democrats. Mind you most parties are centred it wouldn't really matter who I support.

Jamesy
17-10-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm not really sure. I was liberal but now I see that they've fallen into bed with the conservatives a little too easily I'm not that happy to carry on. None of the major parties do it for me, according to that political compass thingy I tend to be in line with the green party. Hmm.

Nuxty
17-10-2010, 05:31 PM
I am a member of the Labour Party :) I don't believe that it was the party that created problems, it was the leaders. Now Brown and Blair are gone I am confident that Ed Miliband will try his best to bring the party back up.

Muppet
18-10-2010, 07:30 PM
I support the 'radical Neo-nazis'.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!