PDA

View Full Version : An influx in advertising

Ed.
18-10-2010, 04:38 PM
I own a SAW which is quite popular a lot of the time and I have noticed an increase in the amount of advertising.

I think the fact that Habbo now allows links means that lots of people advertise scam sites and habbo retros and frankly it is rather annoying...

Thoughts?

:DBeth:D
18-10-2010, 05:03 PM
I find it annoying to, If I was an owner of one of the rooms I would contact habbo about the scam sites first and then ban them :P

Storking
18-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeh there are quite a few people coming into HxHD everyday to spam with scam site URLs :(

Samantha
20-10-2010, 02:00 PM
I just don't get why you can click url's.

I'm sure Habbo is suppose to be a safe site, that is suited to the needs of teens.
I learnt about Habbox myself, as my sister told me it was a good rare values site as I thought I was rich with a HC TV. :P
Anyway, surely, Habbo could make a filter, that can filter out url's just like they do with taboo language. This could disable some scams.
Also, what they could do is review the sites that are given in rooms, like a potentially popular room should have a mod in, moderating the situation as it says.

Also, if they can use url's, how long will it be before you can copy and paste onto the actual screen, surely that means Fastest Typer would be no more as well as some other games.

It's just an update that didn't need to happen.
Not an improvement, more of a hinderance!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!