PDA

View Full Version : habbox can improve. discuss.

immense
18-10-2010, 08:29 PM
YES, this is feedback. i think everyone knows habbox is having a slump atm but do you think it can improve or do you think this is how it will be forever?

i, for one am convinced it can get better. even without drastic changes.

should i elaborate?
yes - you might have good ideas
no - you always post long, boring threads and nobody listens

u choose.

hairpins
18-10-2010, 08:30 PM
no sorri plz no

Please refrain from pointless posting ~ Recursion (Forum Super Moderator)

Grig
18-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Re-vamp and shuffle the senior management. Then, work on trying to get more well known on the hotel through things like bigger giveaways. Allow more freedom on the forum, as I know some long time members on here went to other forums because of this. This is some of a few suggestions.

Calvin
18-10-2010, 08:31 PM
You always give a few good suggestions, sometimes they never get noticed though. But yeah, go for it. :) And I personally think it won't be like it forever, but it'll still be the same for a while.

immense
18-10-2010, 08:32 PM
kk i'll post my ideas in a bit in a new thread ;l

Sharon
18-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Re-vamp and shuffle the senior management. Then, work on trying to get more well known on the hotel through things like bigger giveaways. Allow more freedom on the forum, as I know some long time members on here went to other forums because of this. This is some of a few suggestions.

Yeah but it's easy to say shuffle the managemtn, you really need to be more specific about who!

I personally don't think so, unless something DRAMATIC happened

Rozi
18-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Inspire some PASSION. This forum just lacks that one essential thing. It's become suck a struggle to make it how it was, but with the focus constantly on that people have forgot to enjoy the forum and really care about how it goes :) You're all doing a fab job so relax a little and start to try and enjoy it more :)

Grig
18-10-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not going to start naming names because that would be plain rude. The structure of departments is way too big and it's way too hard to communicate through this layered hierarchy of all these AGMs and stuff.

immense
18-10-2010, 08:35 PM
innit roro. i don't think there have to be drastic management changes or like SOMETHING RLY CONTROVERSIAL just a few alterations and things will be fab

Calvin
18-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Re-vamp and shuffle the senior management. Then, work on trying to get more well known on the hotel through things like bigger giveaways. Allow more freedom on the forum, as I know some long time members on here went to other forums because of this. This is some of a few suggestions.The senior management is fine I think, I'm not sure at who you're on about so yeah.

Giveaways are kinda alright, but you'll get like 80+ different people in the giveaways and only a few stick around, and to give furniture all the time would be very hard, but I suppose they could.

Allow freedom on the forum, this is one of the biggest points that's letting HabboxForum down, all the other forums are more lenient and are with the times, whereas HabboxForum is like nursery if I'm honest.

rnix
Don't come back to management. We would be doomed. i joke
i think its slowly getting better

Conservative,
Personally, before I left habbo in the summer, I found some of the DJs quite annoying, and not like they were...anyone remember DJ Arch, or DJ Smile, or DJ Melissa?? They were my favourite. Now the DJs have got better since then (the summer), and I think the new set of trialists, whoever passes, will add diversity to the team...so as long as the DJs who get hired/trialed are the standard they are now..I guess keep that up..and don't let it drop like it has before...

agreed with the giveaways, but too many just stinks of desperation *cough* clubhabbo *cough*.

I also agree with more freedom on the forum...but Im not a long-term member so can't really comment.

Finally, I think more staff interaction (and owners...but I suppose Sierk can't anymore), and maybe getting Habbo Staff...maybe one of the Hotel managers to come once in a while would be good? It shows we're trusted.

Grig
Well more campaigns and larger scale events. It's like anything large died after the SS.

Neversoft
I am the only one that thinks besides the lag there is nothing wrong with this forum? Other than unruly moderators removing my profile picture because it was apparently too violent even though it had been there for two years and everyone under the sun had seen it without batting an eyelid. Sort it out Bolt660! :@

immense
18-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Don't come back to management. We would be doomed. i joke
i think its slowly getting better
i think there would genuinely have to be deaths in the senior hierarchy for me to even be a trialist.

Grig
18-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I am the only one that thinks besides the lag there is nothing wrong with this forum? Other than unruly moderators removing my profile picture because it was apparently too violent even though it had been there for two years and everyone under the sun had seen it without batting an eyelid. Sort it out Bolt660! :@

Yeh that's what I mentioned in the other thread about leniency and to many twists and turns when it comes to moderators figuring out what is acceptable and what is not.

Inseriousity.
18-10-2010, 08:41 PM
lol this question is never-ending really. There'll always be room for improvement. :)

Grig
18-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeh this is true, nothing is perfect. Habbox has some strengths in terms of competitions and news (although that could be promoted slightly more)- but it needs a lot of work on some other aspects; like forum activity with some forum based events and maybe some larger radio campaigns for the radio.

immense
18-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Maybe General Management at Habbox don't know the strengths of the site and therefore don't utilise them well! :O Maybe.

Inseriousity.
18-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Maybe we could have a 'strengths' thread instead then for a change just to see what pops up ;)
That'd actually be quite interesting

much love for grig<33
psst here's that [insert hong kong currency for a tenner here]. ;)

Nixt
18-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Maybe we could have a 'strengths' thread instead then for a change just to see what pops up ;)
That'd actually be quite interesting

much love for grig<33
psst here's that [insert hong kong currency for a tenner here]. ;)

Hong Kong dolla!

Habbox will always be fluctuating in its 'performance' as it were. It has quiet periods, super busy periods, quite periods and it just carries on like that. Been the same for as long as I can remember innit. Obviously management need to sort some crap out, but that's all impending I am sure.

GommeInc
18-10-2010, 08:54 PM
A "chillax" stategy might do the trick, things do appear tense and the way rules are handled comes off as strict. For example, I saw one of the updates and it was all well and good, but the writing came off as threatening (the one about profile pictures - "you can now have yourself as your profile picture, but if you have it as your avatar we will kill you" was the tone of the update).

The moderator warning update is good though, it doesn't come off as threatening and scary :P It's nice and neat rather than chuck it down your throats, though there is still some room for improvement. I say this because, it's all well and good saying "we try to be nice by writing PMs in a friendly way", but you shouldn't have to think to write PMs, they should come naturally, so the way moderators think and work needs looking into, because you can tell something isn't quite right with the use of language.

beth
18-10-2010, 09:01 PM
like most people have said, the forum needs to loosen up a bit, it's all a bit tense and like a bit hostile really.
i think mgmt need to realise that a large proportion of their regular posters are now people from 06/07/08 who have grown up with habbox and i wanna see a bit more of a relaxed approach.

i don't think new users should always be yr main priority.

The Don
18-10-2010, 09:10 PM
It's not so much the AGM's or the senior staff, it's the the individual departments lacking to get enough attention to habbox. We need to advertise the forum A LOT more on the main website. The department heads should sort their act together (not all, just some) and make sure their staff do the jobs properly. I resigned from my jobs because I couldn't commit, well wth is the point of having staff who barely do anything. A Major staff clean out would be good, get rid of the weak and try and get some of the stronger forum members a board. People I see around like Saurav, Immense, Flying Jesus, Nemo, GommeInc. These are all old time forum members who always give feedback, maybe you should get some wise people from the forum and form a council of some sort which can give help when in need.

I don't know, I think Habbox can bounce back, but only if things are sorted correctly and the managers step up. We need more habbox events to advertise habbox. We need helpfull helpdesk staff who can convince new people to come to the forum. It's not the forums fault as such, it's the in habbo departments job to get people to come here, then it's up to forum staff to make sure they stay. It's simple!

Sarah
18-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeh this is true, nothing is perfect. Habbox has some strengths in terms of competitions and news (although that could be promoted slightly more)- but it needs a lot of work on some other aspects; like forum activity with some forum based events and maybe some larger radio campaigns for the radio.

Obviously forum activity hasn't been at its best but It's something we are really trying to work on. I know that over Halloween there will be events (some of which I'm currently planning) but we are limited - unlike other departments the forum doesn't really get many (if any) donations to provide events the only thing we can offer is VIP (which some are happy with) but obviously newer members who are from Habbo would prefer furniture.

Hong Kong dolla!

Habbox will always be fluctuating in its 'performance' as it were. It has quiet periods, super busy periods, quite periods and it just carries on like that. Been the same for as long as I can remember innit. Obviously management need to sort some crap out, but that's all impending I am sure.

I would agree we have quiet periods and super busy periods, maybe not always in a rotation but we definitely have these periods. Obviously we're limited what we can do because of timing issues - we all have things we have to do in real life such as school, uni and jobs. However that said other fan sites manage it, and we should really be able to do it and hopefully it will improve.

A "chillax" stategy might do the trick, things do appear tense and the way rules are handled comes off as strict. For example, I saw one of the updates and it was all well and good, but the writing came off as threatening (the one about profile pictures - "you can now have yourself as your profile picture, but if you have it as your avatar we will kill you" was the tone of the update).

The moderator warning update is good though, it doesn't come off as threatening and scary :P It's nice and neat rather than chuck it down your throats, though there is still some room for improvement. I say this because, it's all well and good saying "we try to be nice by writing PMs in a friendly way", but you shouldn't have to think to write PMs, they should come naturally, so the way moderators think and work needs looking into, because you can tell something isn't quite right with the use of language.

I don't think it was as blunt as we will kill you :P But maybe rewording of some things needs to be done to make it seem more welcoming whilst keeping some strict enforcement of some rules and maybe the easing of others. Its something that Forum Management would most likely have to discuss with General Management.

like most people have said, the forum needs to loosen up a bit, it's all a bit tense and like a bit hostile really.
i think mgmt need to realise that a large proportion of their regular posters are now people from 06/07/08 who have grown up with habbox and i wanna see a bit more of a relaxed approach.

Its fair enough to say that old users want the easing of rules and its great that they've grown up with Habbox, but we're also obviously trying to attract some new users and we have to keep some of the rules to attract their audience - so some things would have to stay strict. But some things could change, and the things you would like easing up - do you have any suggestions? :)

Jamesy
18-10-2010, 09:22 PM

I remember Garion insisting I put that in there about the avatar thing. :P

I think this is coming down to the same old problem "loosen up" is such an ambiguous term as compared to even a year ago we are far, far more laid back. If you have specific suggestions we are always extremely happy to see what we can accomodate :)

Inseriousity.
18-10-2010, 09:23 PM
It's not so much the AGM's or the senior staff, it's the the individual departments lacking to get enough attention to habbox. We need to advertise the forum A LOT more on the main website. The department heads should sort their act together (not all, just some) and make sure their staff do the jobs properly. I resigned from my jobs because I couldn't commit, well wth is the point of having staff who barely do anything. A Major staff clean out would be good, get rid of the weak and try and get some of the stronger forum members a board. People I see around like Saurav, Immense, Flying Jesus, Nemo, GommeInc. These are all old time forum members who always give feedback, maybe you should get some wise people from the forum and form a council of some sort which can give help when in need.

I don't know, I think Habbox can bounce back, but only if things are sorted correctly and the managers step up. We need more habbox events to advertise habbox. We need helpfull helpdesk staff who can convince new people to come to the forum. It's not the forums fault as such, it's the in habbo departments job to get people to come here, then it's up to forum staff to make sure they stay. It's simple!

There was a council and it didn't work I dont think.
I don't think a major staff clear out's really needed. Normally department managers do this frequently anyway especially with certain rules brought in :)

However, I do agree with the advertising. It's widely known that comps management and the staff constantly advertise www.habboxforum.com/comps (http://www.habboxforum.com/comps) wherever we find the gap and it's often joked about that we're desperate! Although we also have the proof that it does work and I think the whole 'stigma' of advertising (that it's desperate, sad etc) really prohibit Habbox from getting out to the wider Habbo community.

Conservative,
18-10-2010, 09:25 PM
We shuld hold a massive 24 hour rave on habbo, fill the room as soon as possible and keep it filled for 24 hours, give away thrones and free donator, tell people to tune in... and then say "If u dont come back, we have ur IP, we will hunt you down" :)

Robbie
18-10-2010, 09:55 PM
We shuld hold a massive 24 hour rave on habbo, fill the room as soon as possible and keep it filled for 24 hours, give away thrones and free donator, tell people to tune in... and then say "If u dont come back, we have ur IP, we will hunt you down" :)

I agree do this best night ever

immense
18-10-2010, 09:56 PM
/agreed

Conservative,
18-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree do this best night ever

I'll host it :)

Mrs.McCall
18-10-2010, 09:57 PM
I think a lot of what's wrong with Habbox comes a lot from its own members too. The feedback threads are, on the whole, not always very productive and many members seem to pick holes in everything Habbox does or has. If you have younger members reading threads about this being bad, or that being bad, they're going to think the forum is rubbish and it lowers the mood in my opinion. Read some of the feedback threads, they're just pointless and bring up things that aren't well thought out or helpful in the slightest.

I think the site has issues with the fact that it DOESN'T play to its strengths. News has and always will fade into the background and isn't promoted as much anymore. Habbox used to be the go-to site for Rare Values, News, Articles and sadly that has been taken away because it isn't advertised enough. The departments don't integrate enough. I literally couldn't name anyone in Rare Values. We should do more things where departments get together. Habbox needs to think bigger. Do competitions based on News, News can post about major Rare Values updates, Events can do their events based on a news story (like if a footballer has been cheating, it can be called the ROONEY CHASE or something). The community aspect of the site has really gone and I think that's sad.

Just my thoughts.

Sammeth.
18-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Theres always room for improvement, but its not always easy I guess. First off, I know the coders are currently working on the new Habbox Site, but it needs to be released as soon as possible. That way we can see which strengths Habbox is focusing on and where they are planning on taking the site. There needs to be a much more heavy focus on the forum on the main site with banners, links, advertisements or whatever but it just needs to be much more prominent.

Then it comes to the forum itself which is, as a lot of people have mentioned, very tense and even sort of hostile at times. When I was GM I was a big champion on leaving rules as they were (and then at the very least only minor changes), which looking back was a mistake, but they've gotten a lot simpler as of late but more needs to be done. Obviously we can't have people skipping all over the forum pissing about and being complete ***** to each other as that would make the community even more segregated and exclusive. It needs to be much calmer, with a simplistic attitude to moderating. Nothing too scary or intimidating. Especially when we are trying to gain and keep new members. Again, all of this is easier said than done, and is obviously going to take a while. This isn't the sort of things that can happen overnight.

Having said all that too, we need to be advertising not only Habbox, but HabboxForum on Habbo. If we are needing new members (which is a must to keep discussion lively, interesting and fresh) they need an excuse to visit the forum and want to stay. We can't just hope they'll stumble upon the forum from habbox.com and want to stay, it needs to almost be a separate entity and have people focus solely on promoting the forum. In turn, the content of the site itself needs to always be top notch for visitors to be interested, so we get this never ending cycle of constant improvements.

I've got every faith in General Management to make some sort of effort and progress, but as I have said, its never going to happen without planning and preparation. It doesn't need to take ages or be excessive but something needs to happen to make sure improvements are made efficiently and effectively.

Inseriousity.
18-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I think a lot of what's wrong with Habbox comes a lot from its own members too. The feedback threads are, on the whole, not always very productive and many members seem to pick holes in everything Habbox does or has. If you have younger members reading threads about this being bad, or that being bad, they're going to think the forum is rubbish and it lowers the mood in my opinion. Read some of the feedback threads, they're just pointless and bring up things that aren't well thought out or helpful in the slightest.

I think the site has issues with the fact that it DOESN'T play to its strengths. News has and always will fade into the background and isn't promoted as much anymore. Habbox used to be the go-to site for Rare Values, News, Articles and sadly that has been taken away because it isn't advertised enough. The departments don't integrate enough. I literally couldn't name anyone in Rare Values. We should do more things where departments get together. Habbox needs to think bigger. Do competitions based on News, News can post about major Rare Values updates, Events can do their events based on a news story (like if a footballer has been cheating, it can be called the ROONEY CHASE or something). The community aspect of the site has really gone and I think that's sad.

Just my thoughts.

As a part of integrating departments, I've been campaigning for 'departmental competitions' where at the end of every month, departments interact with the community with comps (and although its not my jurisdiction, events too). Graphics department now do a regular comp (woo go graphics!) and Im hoping they all get tired of me going on and on about it and they join in too! I think there's that danger of not wanting to cause more work for yourself or staff but it can easily be adapted to a) promote staff bonding and b) improves communication with the communnity. I currently have a few more dept. managers on board so if you're staff, bug your managers! :)

Mrs.McCall
18-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Comps was just an example.

We used to have news@live which was difficult to do in the end but why not have a HxL DJ do it or even have adverts promoting the content on Habboxlive? There are so many different ways departments could integrate and it'd be great for Habbox because bigger comps/events would attract people on Habbo and advertising and in-forum stuff would keep them here.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!