PDA

View Full Version : Pre-owned console games

Apple
20-10-2010, 02:24 PM
I am considering spending quite a large amount of money on older games that I want. This is because I have always traded in any games that I have to get newer games, meaning I only have about 5 games in total at the moment. So to bulk up my collection of games so if I fancy playing a certain type of game, I have it, I need a lot of games.

To save myself a lot of money I am thinking about buying pre-owned games from either Game or Gamestation. I remember buying pre-owned games a long time ago for my PS2 and them being glitchy so they would often freeze or load things slowly. That has kind of put me off buying pre-owned games but maybe with PS3/360 games this is no longer the case.

So my question is; should I buy pre-owned games as opposed to new games? I'll be buying a mix of both PS3 and 360 games btw.

Thanks!

matt$
20-10-2010, 02:29 PM
pre-owned and download to hardrive on xbox :)

Samantha
20-10-2010, 02:29 PM
I think preowned games are fine. Cash Generator or Cash Convertor's is a good place to get cheap games, cds, dvds etc from
Also CEX.

All my preowned games apart from 1 still work to this very day.
Well 2, i bought one for my SNES, but it wouldnt work :(

Oleh
20-10-2010, 02:39 PM
only buy pre-owned ps3 games as there is a sub 1% chance of it not working and that is if it is intentionally broke.

All preowned games from.. Game work perfectly as they check them.

Gibs960
26-10-2010, 05:50 PM
If you haven't already bought them try to go to an independent shop. There is a game shop near me and the games are cheaper than GAME and Gamestation & they sell the same stuff too.

Plean
26-10-2010, 05:55 PM
They are ok i buy some pre-owned but if i were to buy a brand new game i would not by a pre-owned one

Describe
26-10-2010, 06:03 PM
They are ok i buy some pre-owned but if i were to buy a brand new game i would not by a pre-owned one
That's because it would be brand new thus defeating the purpose of the term pre-owned.

Why not? Most websites where you can buy preowned games are legitimate. You wont get games that are badly damaged, scathed or scratched and this goes for GAME and GAMESTATION too. Preowned games are nothing to be ashamed of, you're getting a game cheaper for what everyone else is buying it for. A major disadvantage however is looking for a new title because nobody has traded it in yet and if you were to find one you'll find the price has only been knocked £3 - £5.

Deak
26-10-2010, 06:11 PM
As people have said places like GAME always check the games to make sure that they work before letting somebody trade them in ... so they will be ok.

Johno
26-10-2010, 07:37 PM
I would say just go for pre-owned, providing that you can't get the game for a similar price new (as in a few pounds more expensive) - If I could get a preowned copy for £17.99 and a new copy for £19.99 - I would more than likely go for the new copy.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!