PDA

View Full Version : reinstall windows 7 +rep

AgnesIO
21-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Ok, so I am trying to reinstall windows 7 by making my pc boot from the disc drive, but it still seems to just load as normal? I want to format my hdd etc.

Any ideas on how to do this??

+rep :)

LMS16
21-10-2010, 10:31 AM
You need to change the boot order in the BIOS.

When windows is booting up you need to hit either F2 or DEL, it maybe different, it will tell you on the boot screen.

You then need to go to 'boot' then 'boot priority' or 'boot order'. You then need to make sure that your HDD is 1st.

Then hit F10 and save the settings, restart and then it will ask you to boot from disc, that is of course if you have made the disc bootable :)

Lew.

AgnesIO
21-10-2010, 10:46 AM
You need to change the boot order in the BIOS.

When windows is booting up you need to hit either F2 or DEL, it maybe different, it will tell you on the boot screen.

You then need to go to 'boot' then 'boot priority' or 'boot order'. You then need to make sure that your HDD is 1st.

Then hit F10 and save the settings, restart and then it will ask you to boot from disc, that is of course if you have made the disc bootable :)

Lew.

It is the official windows 7 disc :)

I thought the boot order had to have the disc drive first - so that may be where I am going wrong!

Cheers

---------- Post added 21-10-2010 at 11:55 AM ----------

Still ignoring the disc :(

LMS16
21-10-2010, 11:06 AM
If you have changed the boot order correctly it should ask you to boot from disk.

Just continuously press random keys on boot up :)

Lew.

AgnesIO
21-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Found the problem.

Since I took the battery out of my mobo and put it back in, neither of my disc drivers are working.

I forgot to plug back in one of the wires that go over the battery that I have to unplug :D

Pretty sure that is what's wrong

Will update soon :)

AgnesIO
21-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Right.

It works now! Have to boot from the dvd drive like I thought, thanks for the advice nevertheless

Turns out the entire problem was me not plugging both leads for the disc drives back it :L

LMS16
21-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Well, that would be helpful.

Glad its fixed.

Lew.

AgnesIO
21-10-2010, 01:31 PM
All working now :) Cheers

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!