PDA

View Full Version : Macbook or Macbook Air

Alexx..
21-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Which one should I go for?

The white macbook or the new macbook airs?
Whats the differences between them? I'd check but i'm lazy :$.

+rep if you help :)

-Danube-
21-10-2010, 10:43 PM
Neither, go for Mac Book Pro :)

The normal macbook, i don't like. I use them at college and they are just clunky and slow and the CD drives always seem to break in them (we have a few that are barely a year old and sound like an plane taking off) the new Macbook Air is sooo thin that it just looks like everything could go wrong with it and seems gimmicky

I myself have a Mac Book Pro and love it. Yes it's true i could have bought a much much better spec laptop for the price i paid, but i wanted a Mac and they don't come cheap. The thing i thought was, i'm paying alot of money for this regardless so i'd rather spend a little bit more and get something i actually really want, rather than still spending alot of money to get something i kinda want.

So yeah, macbook pro has better spec, looks better and has loads of different features like backlit keys and trackpad etc etc.

Richie
21-10-2010, 11:04 PM
go for a imac ;) or a big mac

na but rlly um

i'd say just a macbook

-Danube-
21-10-2010, 11:25 PM
http://store.apple.com/uk/compare/mac?mco=MTg4Mjg4Njk

Maybe interesting for you, can select all macs and compare spec and prices etc.

Recursion
22-10-2010, 06:26 AM
Neither, go for Mac Book Pro :)

The normal macbook, i don't like. I use them at college and they are just clunky and slow and the CD drives always seem to break in them (we have a few that are barely a year old and sound like an plane taking off) the new Macbook Air is sooo thin that it just looks like everything could go wrong with it and seems gimmicky

I myself have a Mac Book Pro and love it. Yes it's true i could have bought a much much better spec laptop for the price i paid, but i wanted a Mac and they don't come cheap. The thing i thought was, i'm paying alot of money for this regardless so i'd rather spend a little bit more and get something i actually really want, rather than still spending alot of money to get something i kinda want.

So yeah, macbook pro has better spec, looks better and has loads of different features like backlit keys and trackpad etc etc.

Funny, they use the same DVD drives in the MacBooks as they do in the MacBook Pros, and mine isn't slow and clunky at all?

Dean
22-10-2010, 06:51 AM
Funny, they use the same DVD drives in the MacBooks as they do in the MacBook Pros, and mine isn't slow and clunky at all?

I thought this too! :P

I have a MacBook and it's perfect for what I need, so I just assume it depends on what you need it for.

Do you need a CD/DVD Drive? Yes? Get a MacBook.

I'd say that the new MacBook Air's are nice but it's just aesthetics. You're better off getting the MacBook (or if you have some more cash, the MacBook Pro) because honestly, the MacBook will have better specs than the MacBook Air.

Recursion
22-10-2010, 07:03 AM
The MacBook Air is Apple's attempt to kill netbooks, and it fails because of the high pricetag IMO.

LMS16
22-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Over priced pieces of poo. Id rather stick to my £400 pc/laptop :) Idc whether my PC get viruses, what would a PC be like if you didnt have to maintain it, I love maintaining my PC :)

Id never move to mac, although I do like the look of the mac book pro :)

Lew.

Johno
22-10-2010, 08:54 AM
I have a MacBook and I am planning on moving back to Windows simply because of how crazy the cost is going to be to buy a new Apple machine. I can buy the new Dell XPS 15 laptop with an i5, 4GB RAM, 420M GPU for £649. Whereas a MBP of lower spec costs £1499.

The cost is seriously hard to justify, the only reason I have my current MacBook is because it was going for cheap and I wanted a mac. Why do you really want a MacBook (Air) - if you can't justify it, go for something else.

All that being said, if you had to choose between the two, I would probably say the 13" MBP (not the white one, simply because it's only another £150 for a superior machine).

Recursion
22-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Also, check out Apple's refurb bit of their online store, I got my MacBook for about £200 cheaper than it cost brand new, Apple changesthe battery and casing (on mine it looked as if they did anyway, although I still think mine was in the refurb store because it was EOL) and makes sure everything works as intended.

StefanWolves
22-10-2010, 01:11 PM
The MacBook Air is Apple's attempt to kill netbooks, and it fails because of the high pricetag IMO.

This.

Save up for a mbp dude.

MattFr
22-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Macbook Pros are well worth the money, amazing machines. They're very affordable with educational discount too!

HotelUser
22-10-2010, 05:49 PM
You're going to end up falling in love with either or anyway. I would go for the MacBook simply for its lower price.

GoldenMerc
22-10-2010, 05:51 PM
I'd say macbook as macbook air doesn't have a cd drive that could be needed :P
P.s dave check your pms!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!