PDA

View Full Version : Hello / Goodbye section

Richie
22-10-2010, 07:11 PM
I notice people posting 'I'm doing this that and the other and I won't be back on until monday!' etcetc does this mean people can create threads saying 'brb going for a big dirty poo' and crap? 'cause I haven't seen anything about time limits on leaving the forum etc lol

I thought that section was just used for saying hello to new members and goodbye to members who are leaving.

Alex3213
22-10-2010, 07:13 PM
That's what I've thought but recently a lot of people have wrote threads in "Leaving" as they're going on holiday (INCLUDING ME TOMORROW I HOPE EVERYONE WILL MISS ME).

Samantha
22-10-2010, 07:15 PM
This is probably talking about my thread, if I was wrong to post that I do apologize, I honestly thought like temporary goodbyes were allowed?
:)

Nixt
22-10-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't personally see a problem with people saying "Oh going on holiday for a week, be back then!" You might want to avoid people saying "oh not going to be on much this week" but if they're actually going away for a little while it's always been that way and it's not a bad thing. We want to increase the availability of things people can discuss and where, even if it is something as trivial as a goodbye, so I wouldn't restrict this - and it's never been a problem before.

Jamesy
22-10-2010, 07:27 PM
As garion's said, we don't want to be cutting down on how people can post - if they are leaving for a reasonably long period of time I don't see a problem with it.

Shar
22-10-2010, 07:27 PM
That's what I've thought but recently a lot of people have wrote threads in "Leaving" as they're going on holiday (INCLUDING ME TOMORROW I HOPE EVERYONE WILL MISS ME).
You ought to make a thread or everyone will forget about you ;)

I don't see the harm in it if it's a departure longer than say 5 days :P

immense
22-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't think it has to be put into the rules or anything if people posted brb going for a poo I'm sure a moderator would use their common sense and close it / move to spam.

Inseriousity.
22-10-2010, 07:39 PM
lolol considering people asking (well demanding in some cases) more leniency, itd be silly to have limits about this tbh. People posting that theyre going on holiday has been going on for ages so makes me wonder if you are actually annoyed about this or more as a way of getting back at people you maybe don't like so much instead :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!