PDA

View Full Version : Some more ideas

immense
23-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Basically, just a few other things I thought of.

People judge forums and Habbo fansites by how many people they have online. Habbox has a relatively short period of 15mins where if you're inactive you don't show up on the members list. I think ClubHabbo has double this and I know of other fansites (TryHabbo - quite an active forum) have even longer than 30MINS. Posts often take longer than 15 minutes to make. Well, not often but sometimes. I think if this was upped to something like 25MINS then it would:

1) Make HxF look busier
2) Ensure you don't log out when making new posts / inactive

I know it's very much concreting over the cracks but it will be quite effective especially if people are going to do 'shallow' comparisons between fansites. It just makes HxF look worse than it is because people don't look underneath and into the reasons. CH usually have more members on but if we changed the amount of time and made guests sign up then I have no doubt we'd have much more than them.

I know we're not in direct competition and we're totally different fansites but because I have seen so many comparisons with people concluding that CH is more active I think Hx should make changes to show people that it is still the biggest and most active forum and generally the place to be. Which it is of course because unlike other forums people on here have the ability to think of their own ideas and replies (lol burn).

Also, I don't know how much Donator costs, 1.50 I think? If it was upped to 1.80 then I don't think less people would buy it and it'd be more money for Habbox - providing you still did better bulk buys like 3 months for 4.50 or something. Yeah. Bye.

nvrspk4
23-10-2010, 10:46 PM
I think that's actually a great idea about online time. Donator isn't a bad idea either.

immense
23-10-2010, 10:48 PM
I do think about them before I post them y'know! People have been surprised lately that my ideas are half-decent. Also, I was told donator is £1 via sms or something or via pp I can't remember what I was told. Whatever it may be, I think a small increase won't make too much of a difference apart from a bit more money for Habbox. I think via PayPal you should give people the option to give what they want. Make £1 the minimum but let them put in as much as they want. Would probably get a bit more too.

-Danube-
23-10-2010, 10:49 PM
I really like the timeout idea Jake, not just because of the fact that it makes HxF look busier, but that i think it's too short, i'm always being logged out when i do something else for like 15 mins.

I think it should be 30 mins.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!