PDA

View Full Version : Slayer

Apple
23-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I haven't really been going on rs for the last few months but now I have the urge. It's just trying to decide what to do that I'm struggling with. I've been doing slayer for ages now and reached 85, then spent a while camping abby demons which I enjoyed and made a lot of cash from. Now though all of my options are either really expensive or take a stupidly long time. Just so you get the basics, I'm level 131 with maxed melee (99 att/def/str/hp), have 67 sum and 70 pray and about 180m in total wealth. So as I would like to reach 138 I need 99 pray and 96 sum, both of these together will cost a bomb, I probably don't even have half the amount. So because 99 slayer has always been a level I want and it should hopefully bring in enough cash, I'm swaying towards that. But then people on my fl keep recommending rc to me for faster money. I just don't know. :/

Kyle
24-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Runecrafting will certainly be better if you're getting bored of killing monsters but it's not going to get you a lot until you get to higher levels. at level 82 you can craft double astrals which make you around 600-700k/hr and at 91 you can make double nats (idk how much per hour those are, I'd guess much less).

If it's just money you're going for then I'd recommend getting 85 dungeoneering and camping frost dragons for a few days. You can easily make 2m+/hr with the addition of clue scroll rewards and possible visage drops (1/5870).

If you do want 99slayer though, the only way you're really going to get it is to do it while you need the money. Once you've maxed your other stats you'll have much less of a reason to actually train it as there will be nothing (needing cash) to motivate you.

Thomas
24-10-2010, 07:11 AM
get 99 hunter? thats like 30-40m
if not rc all the way.

MJJ
24-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I'd recommend going for 99 Slayer. Firstly, you're already a high level in it so you will be getting plenty of cash from it. Since you alreay have some cash, you can use a cannon on some of your tasks like dagannoths, mutated bloodvelds and kalphites to get better experience. Since you want 96 Summoning, Slayer will be a great way to get charms since a lot of slayer monsters drop a variety of charms and by the time you reach 99 Slayer you will probably have enough charms for a high Summoning level. Cash from Slayer will also get you enough cash for a high Prayer level.

Apple
24-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the replies. Slayer really does seem like the best thing to do but I guess I just have a lack of motivation. I preferred rs when I had no money, my best slaying days were when I was saving up for bandos tassets so I had full bandos. Although I would still technically be saving up for something (prayer/sum) it will take months and I prefer to set smaller goals but a lot of them rather than one big one. With this I guess I have no choice, anyway I have an abby demon task now so hopefully this will help me get back into the spirit of things. :)

Callum.
24-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd go for slayer, saving your visages for a stat like prayer maybe? Collect all charms along the way, try to maybe maximise profits through herbs etc, farm each day etc.

Callum.
24-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Visages? Effegies I mean.

Apple
24-10-2010, 09:35 PM
I'd go for slayer, saving your visages for a stat like prayer maybe? Collect all charms along the way, try to maybe maximise profits through herbs etc, farm each day etc.

I had forgotten about effigies, I will use the ones I have now and any others I get on prayer. Also at the moment I don't farm but have been meaning to get a routine going for a while.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!