PDA

View Full Version : What Does Jagex Have Planned For Runescape's 10th Birthday

Felix
24-10-2010, 11:43 PM
Hey everyone,
Well as you might know, Runescape was made almost 10 years ago, (4th January 2001)

I want you to post here what you think they are going to do and how it will affect runescape.

Personally I think they are going to do a big release of rares that came out in 01, that are now over 1B.

Post Guys :D

Apple
25-10-2010, 12:00 AM
I never noticed this! Being the 10th year anniversary I'm sure whatever they have planned will be major. I'm sure they have already said they won't be re-releasing any rares but who knows? Whatever they have planned, I'm sure it will be epic.

Felix
25-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I never noticed this! Being the 10th year anniversary I'm sure whatever they have planned will be major. I'm sure they have already said they won't be re-releasing any rares but who knows? Whatever they have planned, I'm sure it will be epic.

I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best :D

Josh
25-10-2010, 06:01 AM

The amount of outrage and quitting of re-releasing rares wouldn't be good.

Felix
25-10-2010, 06:32 AM
Yeah good point,
But its all up to jagex.

Thomas
25-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Omgg i better sell my rare's LOL
na i don't have any. But i don't think they will i think it will be an event or some sort.

Conservative,
25-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I hope they do what they did in 01/02 and just drop random rares everywhere lol. But realistically, they'll probably get Jmods to hold loads of parties in the fally party room with loads of rares and stuff, but I doubt they'll re-release anything major.

Felix
25-10-2010, 09:41 AM
I hope they do what they did in 01/02 and just drop random rares everywhere lol. But realistically, they'll probably get Jmods to hold loads of parties in the fally party room with loads of rares and stuff, but I doubt they'll re-release anything major.

Yeah most likely they will just drop D-chains ect... and maybe a few santas

Conservative,
25-10-2010, 09:59 AM

They'll prob drop stuff like..

Abby Whips
Dragon Armour
GP
Crackers
Santas
Less-rare Phats

stuff like that, but nothing REALLY rare, like blue phats.

Matthew
25-10-2010, 10:01 AM

I highly doubt this :P

People save up for rares like those for weeks and weeks, possibly months and years, if they were just going to drop them then the price would go down, and players who saved up for these things will not be happy.

They've already said that they will not release any more tradeable seasonals, they're just waiting for them to completely die out before they release them again (if they do, and if they do the release won't affect anyone because they'd died out anyway).

Felix
25-10-2010, 10:03 AM
I highly doubt this :P

People save up for rares like those for weeks and weeks, possibly months and years, if they were just going to drop them then the price would go down, and players who saved up for these things will not be happy.

They've already said that they will not release any more tradeable seasonals, they're just waiting for them to completely die out before they release them again (if they do, and if they do the release won't affect anyone because they'd died out anyway).

Jagex is known for changing their mind lol, They said they would stay at Classic and not move to a HD, Look what happen

Matthew
25-10-2010, 10:08 AM
Jagex is known for changing their mind lol, They said they would stay at Classic and not move to a HD, Look what happen

Yes but if they were to drop these rares, it would cause outrage in runescape.

Why would they risk losing players just to drop a few phats?

crazed
25-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Who knows. They can do what they want for all I care, I'll just go to it for like 10/20 mins then get bored and log off again.

marine
25-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Idk why everyone think it'll be something to do with items, they could have a new skill awaiting or new areas or something.

Kyle
25-10-2010, 06:29 PM

no, they said they'd keep classic and they have.

MJJ
25-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Idk why everyone think it'll be something to do with items, they could have a new skill awaiting or new areas or something.

It might be a huge quest which gives you access to some new areas. That'd be pretty interesting - maybe we'll get to see what's in the city of Prifddinas or Menaphos.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!