PDA

View Full Version : Repetitive Songs ;)

Gina
25-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Heyya ;)
I Noticed When I Tune Into Habboxlive, There Is Alot Of Songs That Get Played Over And Over By Each DJ
When I Asked My Mate What Do You Like In A Radio, Someone Said Everyday/Hour Theres A Different Variaty and Different Topics :)

I Think On The Panel There Should Be Like A Tool Where DJ's Can View The Last DJ's Songs From The Whole Hour? :)
It May Sound Abit Silly, But It Gets Really Annoying If You Just Listen And The Same Song Gets Played Over and Over Again ;)

Jordan
25-10-2010, 09:03 AM
Sometimes I get annoyed at this too. But the people have requested them, so they must want them played.

despect
25-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Hey Gina,

I know most djs play the listeners requests and nine times out 10 its the same chart music which we kinda have to play.
I think theres the rock block with dj kyora which is something different but it is something i can talk to gemma about and hopefully get a bit of a variety going. :)

Gina
25-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Sometimes I get annoyed at this too. But the people have requested them, so they must want them played.
Cant they just play a song that isnt that 1 but like 1 by the same artist if they have? :S

despect
25-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Cant they just play a song that isnt that 1 but like 1 by the same artist if they have? :S

i tend to that to do that sometimes but if a listener requests a specific song from a specific artist if we don't play it most of the time they get a bit annoyed.

matt$
25-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Heres a repetitive song, so repetitive it goes on for 57mins

[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opbOuSJsyWk

or maybe even this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRSXhe7Jf4&feature=related

Gina
25-10-2010, 09:07 AM
i tend to that to do that sometimes but if a listener requests a specific song from a specific artist if we don't play it most of the time they get a bit annoyed.
But if you do play it and its a song that gets played loads of times wont the other listeners get annoyed?

Jordan
25-10-2010, 09:09 AM
But if you do play it and its a song that gets played loads of times wont the other listeners get annoyed?

Most of the dj's don't play songs that was played in their last show anyway, or leave it to the second half of their show until they play the songs.

despect
25-10-2010, 09:09 AM

not really if the listeners request the same songs doesnt that mean they want to hear them?

Josh
25-10-2010, 09:10 AM
^^ Made me lol. also i hate repetitive capital letters.

I do try to have a variety in my shows and I've tried not to play the same song over the last 3 and a half hours I've been on air today. I have been a listener for a while and I've noticed the issue and I've tried to fix my shows with the problem anyway.

Jessie
25-10-2010, 09:11 AM
We're not allowed to play the same song twice in 2 slots but I know chart songs get played very regularly. Most DJs try and play older songs or different genres when they get the chance, but after all we are a radio station for the listeners and we have to play the music they want us to play. It's all about finding the right balance I think. (:

scott
25-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Sure there was a rule that you're not allowed to play a song by the same artist in an hour eitherr. I do agree it isn't hard for DJs to check whether a song has been previously played or not, and I'm sure there is more requests you could use rather than just the one that requests a song that's already been played. It does get repetitive and boring for the listeners :)

Conservative,
25-10-2010, 09:30 AM
I try not to...like Duck Sauce, Cee Lo Green, I make people wait...but it's hard cos they spam you >;l

My 90s hour (might turn into 60s/70s/80s/90s/00-05) gives a lot of variety and when I did it I got lots of good feedback.

KyoraStryker
25-10-2010, 09:32 AM
I think theres the rock block with dj kyora which is something different

The whole purpose of me thinking of this show. ;)

Your concern is actually quite common. It's not just this site that suffers from the same song being played to the point of becoming a nusiance, it's practically every Habbo fansite. Unfortunately, if the listeners want to hear it, us DJs are practically obligated to play it; maybe not the exact song, but a song by the same artist.

Of course, there is the whole "no two songs by the same artist" and "no same song twice in the show" rules, so the above has to comply with these.

An easy way to achieve your desires is to get into contact with the previous DJ. Sam Broadcaster has a History window which shows exactly what songs were played at any specific time. This log can be backed up and a file saved for reference purposes, so it can actually be used to inform the next DJ what has been played and what hasn't. Just make sure to clear the history after each of your shows.

Regardless, the concept of having an actual tool in the panel that displays a list of songs over the past hour would be great and much easier than the whole history log from Sam BC.

Josh
25-10-2010, 09:36 AM
http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/

Is it not used anymore? I find it useful.

KyoraStryker
25-10-2010, 09:39 AM
http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/

Is it not used anymore? I find it useful.

Omg, why isn't this used? This has to be one of the greatest resources I've ever seen. I bet incorporating it into the panel would make its use much more common.

Gina
25-10-2010, 09:43 AM
that wouldd be useful, but no one uses it? :S

Conservative,
25-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Habboxlive.com > radio > Song history..

tends to help ;]

and that resource I don't like. Js. I prefer my own resources :)

KyoraStryker
25-10-2010, 09:48 AM
Habboxlive.com > radio > Song history..

tends to help ;]

and that resource I don't like. Js. I prefer my own resources :)

But how would you get your own resource for HxL? That tool is all any DJ needs. Has a huge list of songs (has songs that were played from my show nearly 18 hours ago), most played songs, a graph depicting the listener counts for competitor fansites, and loads more.

Josh
25-10-2010, 09:52 AM
But how would you get your own resource for HxL? That tool is all any DJ needs. Has a huge list of songs (has songs that were played from my show nearly 18 hours ago), most played songs, a graph depicting the listener counts for competitor fansites, and loads more.

It's all done off public information. I must say it's really useful.

Conservative,
25-10-2010, 09:54 AM

I have my own graph for the listeners on my SAM, I use the stats on the host details, and I don't really need much more :)

KyoraStryker
25-10-2010, 10:11 AM
It's all done off public information. I must say it's really useful.

I completely agree with you on the matter. I've never seen this resource, regardless of the amount of time I've been DJing. I still do think it'd be a great help in the DJ panel itself though, for the simple fact that it wouldn't require another tab in your web browser (or another window; although I think this is obsolete - every web browser I know uses tabs now). Maybe over time, there'll be a link in the panel that links directly to that resource and displays the content in the panel (I think the panel uses iframes anyway).

Edit:

I have my own graph for the listeners on my SAM, I use the stats on the host details, and I don't really need much more :)

As do I. I use my own statistic relay on Sam to inform me of the listener base. However, the DJ panel has the same stat relay and refreshes at a faster rate than any stat relay in Sam BC.

While the resources that was listed by Wiizzz doesn't offer a listener base for the current DJ, it does far more than what Sam can. Kudos if the stat relay is good enough for you; but I'm sure there's loads of other DJs who will find this resource invaluable. Besides, it's not designed to list the current listener base anyway; it's designed to display information recorded over time in regards to HabboxLive, which I feel is related to what Gina was trying to say by creating this thread.

Josh
25-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I completely agree with you on the matter. I've never seen this resource, regardless of the amount of time I've been DJing. I still do think it'd be a great help in the DJ panel itself though, for the simple fact that it wouldn't require another tab in your web browser (or another window; although I think this is obsolete - every web browser I know uses tabs now). Maybe over time, there'll be a link in the panel that links directly to that resource and displays the content in the panel (I think the panel uses iframes anyway).

Edit:

As do I. I use my own statistic relay on Sam to inform me of the listener base. However, the DJ panel has the same stat relay and refreshes as a faster rate than any stat relay in Sam BC.

While the resources that was listed by Wiizzz doesn't offer a listener base for the current DJ, it does far more than what Sam can. Kudos if the stat relay is good enough for you; but I'm sure there's loads of other DJs who will find this resource invaluable. Besides, it's not designed to list the current listener base anyway; it's designed to display information recorded over time in regards to HabboxLive, which I feel is related to what Gina was trying to say by creating this thread.

I always have the IP:PORT shoutcast thingo opened in my browser so I can get the unique listeners because I am too lazy to set up SAM. I won't set up stat relays due to the fact I am always in the browser looking at lyrics to check for inappriopate and also the requests and shoutouts. This is becoming a bit offtopic.

KyoraStryker
25-10-2010, 10:29 AM
it's designed to display information recorded over time in regards to HabboxLive, which I feel is related to what Gina was trying to say by creating this thread.

Already noticed it starting to lead off; tried to steer it back on with the above. ;)

I still stand by my decision. Link to that resource within the panel; I'm sure many DJs will benefit from it. And it is exactly what Gina thinks should be in the panel.

Grig
25-10-2010, 10:52 AM
You can't only go by listener requests, because it's usually all the same and I'd be bored. Stick a few requests, a few of your own. Vary it up a bit. If you have a certain artist requested, don't play the latest song- maybe play something older. Things like this will help. I know back when I was here, we used to crack down on this.

Also, make sure songs are labelled right 'Kings of Lion' is most defiantly illegally downloaded for example.

Gina
25-10-2010, 10:58 AM
You can't only go by listener requests, because it's usually all the same and I'd be bored. Stick a few requests, a few of your own. Vary it up a bit. If you have a certain artist requested, don't play the latest song- maybe play something older. Things like this will help. I know back when I was here, we used to crack down on this.

Also, make sure songs are labelled right 'Kings of Lion' is most defiantly illegally downloaded for example.
Well Said :)

gangstaagent1
25-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Davids script at http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/ is used quite abit to be honest. Also, if you're only looking what songs were last played you can see it in the panel under one of our commands. It is also on the main site as meantioned before however is abit harder to find.
I do agree on the DJs playing the same songs however I do that sometimes i'll admit. If a listeners requests you usually play it to keep that listener happy and not have him moaning at you or spamming your request line.

AgnesIO
25-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Sadly this feedback is quite common - and the script david made is always brought up.

Yet time and time again, nothing actually changes!

Richie
25-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey Gina,

I know most djs play the listeners requests and nine times out 10 its the same chart music which we kinda have to play.
I think theres the rock block with dj kyora which is something different but it is something i can talk to gemma about and hopefully get a bit of a variety going. :)

Fm radios get requested the same songs over and over but they don't play the exact ones every hour. Sometimes you just got to learn to say no.

beth
25-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Omg, why isn't this used? This has to be one of the greatest resources I've ever seen. I bet incorporating it into the panel would make its use much more common.

this isn't used because dj's got stroppy about the public being able to see certain information and the best bits became passworded.

Grig
26-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh and for perm shows, make them less about genred shows and more about interesting sutff. Like the chatathon (if that's still running?) was something different, maybe an entertainment show with call ins etc. These are the perm shows that get more people interested compared to playing the same genre all show, even though I'm not against it :).

despect
26-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Sadly the chatathon isnt running anymore :( but that could be a perm show that could easily be brought back, but i do like the idea of a perm show where you do call ins etc. :) I think thats why they brought in the habboxlive skype account so we could bring listeners on air.

Shar
26-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Sadly the chatathon isnt running anymore :( but that could be a perm show that could easily be brought back, but i do like the idea of a perm show where you do call ins etc. :) I think thats why they brought in the habboxlive skype account so we could bring listeners on air.
I like the skype account idea, and I think it was quite popular the last time it was done :)

Josh
26-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I remember specifically giving positive feedback on call-in shows. That weakest link gameshow on air was quite a lot of fun and if they made that a permenant show, I'm sure we'd get plenty of listeners.

despect
26-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I remember specifically giving positive feedback on call-in shows. That weakest link gameshow on air was quite a lot of fun and if they made that a permenant show, I'm sure we'd get plenty of listeners.

yeah i really liked that show too. :)

Richie
26-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Skype calls are only good if the two ppl know what they are gonna talk about and not stumble over each other.

Gina
26-10-2010, 03:26 PM
What was good was when richie u used to do them prank calls? did u? i youtubed em :)

KyoraStryker
26-10-2010, 09:29 PM
In all the years I've been DJing on Habbo fansites, a vast majority of them had at least one DJ who did prank calls. It's great because it gives a break from playing songs that get over-played and allows for some comedy to be introduced. At the same time, it's bad because if it's a legit prank call, there's no way to tell how the receiving end of the prank will react, which allows for inappropriate content to be streamed. The only way to counter this is to record a prank, and if inappropriate content is found, edit it out. Save the file, play it as a song, and there you go.

I don't know how Habbox management feels about pranks, nor have I ever done a prank call while DJing. It would definitely pique the interest of users, both new and regular alike.

As far as the Chat-a-thon is concerned, this was apparently ended before I even discovered Habbox; maybe in time I'll start a show that hosts interviews with Habbos that frequent Habbox rooms as well as HxF users. But I don't know how soon that will be, if at all.

HotelUser
26-10-2010, 09:36 PM
DJs, and anyone interested can view the last 300 songs played by Habbox, HFFM or Club Habbo on this (http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/) website.

Habbox Live also has access to this script here (http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/#/duplicates) (password protected, a information limited public version here (http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/#/mostPlayed)) where they can view repeatedly played songs in the past 24 hours, and also here (http://develop.davzy.com/hxl/#/stats) they can see a chart of the top played songs of the hour, day, week, month, etc.

Richie
26-10-2010, 09:42 PM
In all the years I've been DJing on Habbo fansites, a vast majority of them had at least one DJ who did prank calls. It's great because it gives a break from playing songs that get over-played and allows for some comedy to be introduced. At the same time, it's bad because if it's a legit prank call, there's no way to tell how the receiving end of the prank will react, which allows for inappropriate content to be streamed. The only way to counter this is to record a prank, and if inappropriate content is found, edit it out. Save the file, play it as a song, and there you go.

I don't know how Habbox management feels about pranks, nor have I ever done a prank call while DJing. It would definitely pique the interest of users, both new and regular alike.

As far as the Chat-a-thon is concerned, this was apparently ended before I even discovered Habbox; maybe in time I'll start a show that hosts interviews with Habbos that frequent Habbox rooms as well as HxF users. But I don't know how soon that will be, if at all.

When I was a dj I used to do prank calls but then I got in **** because it was bad or some crap so now djs have to pre record prank calls, which defeats the purpose of them by doing them on live radio.

Calvin
26-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I think the call in show idea is pretty good, perhaps have a quiz, finish the lyrics or something or maybe even a different game each week. It will get the listeners involved too which I'm sure they'll love! I'll probably listen in too. :)

Skype calls are only good if the two ppl know what they are gonna talk about and not stumble over each other.Yeah, to avoid this they'll have to ring them up just before and discuss what they're going to say before. It will also be better if it was live, and not pre-recorded because I'm sure HxL management say you have to record it before going on air. If it was recorded then the 'live' feeling wouldn't be that good.

And yeah, Richie your show with Ryan (Chicken) was good when you recorded the prank calls live but then you had to pre-record them and it just wasn't the same feeling as the others knowing that they were pre-recorded.

Netaxes
27-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh jeez, the Good old chicken and rice days!

Anywho, on topic, when I listen to Hxl, I'm usually looking for songs that I don't hear on a regular day. Sure, some requests for current chart hits is fine but mix it up, play some stuff that just came out, different genre, ect... I know someone will say "Just listen to a Weekly Show" but honestly, there is 7 hours of weekly shows a week, out of 168 hours in a week, which makes that 4.2% of the week that isn't just chart hits. I think that the last 300 songs played is good, even a last 100 songs played would be good!

Coming from an ex-DJ, mix it up a little! If someone requests a song and it was played last hour, play another song from the same artist from a year or two ago. Just because someone requests a song, it doesn't mean you have to play it. If you go, "I do it to keep them happy" just think there is going to be UNhappy because you're playing an overplayed song

My views :)

sammy
27-10-2010, 11:51 AM
When I was a dj I used to do prank calls but then I got in **** because it was bad or some crap so now djs have to pre record prank calls, which defeats the purpose of them by doing them on live radio.

Well I don't see a problem with doing them live, we have listeners on air and the risk of one of them saying something inappropriate is always there, if that happens we have to kick them off and apologise, if prank calls were to become a regular thing I don't see why the same thing couldn't just happen for that too, but that's up to Gemma really :P.

I don't really think HabboxLive is any more repetitive than other radios and real life ones, Jess showed me a site ages ago that showed how much variety irl radios play: www.comparemyradio.com - if you look on that and select like Radio 1 or Heart, they play barely any variety at all and only have like 1000 unique songs in a month whereas I'd say HabboxLive would probably have at least double that. It's obviously not a nice thing to hear the same song like a million times but we do have rules in place and if DJs are caught to be playing songs more than is natural (an artist/song twice in a show, etc) they will be dealt with by HxL management. :)

Richie
27-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Well I don't see a problem with doing them live, we have listeners on air and the risk of one of them saying something inappropriate is always there, if that happens we have to kick them off and apologise, if prank calls were to become a regular thing I don't see why the same thing couldn't just happen for that too, but that's up to Gemma really :P.

General management*

I'm pretty sure jess didn't have a say when they enforced the rule which is ridiculous

Calvin
27-10-2010, 11:59 AM

I don't really think HabboxLive is any more repetitive than other radios and real life ones, Jess showed me a site ages ago that showed how much variety irl radios play: www.comparemyradio.com (http://www.comparemyradio.com) - if you look on that and select like Radio 1 or Heart, they play barely any variety at all and only have like 1000 unique songs in a month whereas I'd say HabboxLive would probably have at least double that. It's obviously not a nice thing to hear the same song like a million times but we do have rules in place and if DJs are caught to be playing songs more than is natural (an artist/song twice in a show, etc) they will be dealt with by HxL management. :)Radio1 plays barely variety at all? Please tell me that was a joke Sam? :P

beth
27-10-2010, 12:05 PM
radio 1 have a good variety. sure their core playlist is mainstream, but then from 7pm they have a mix of genre specific shows, so s'all good.

Shar
27-10-2010, 12:10 PM
radio 1 have a good variety. sure their core playlist is mainstream, but then from 7pm they have a mix of genre specific shows, so s'all good.
This.

HxL needs more of a variety, when I tune in its all chart music which really gets boring after a while.

despect
27-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I have to agree with the comments made about the variety, i have noticed this and myself do play a hell of a lot of chart music but thats whats requested it could be some sort of rule, i'm sure myself, gemma and matt could come up with some rules :).

sammy
27-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Radio1 plays barely variety at all? Please tell me that was a joke Sam? :P

I don't think they play much variety really, and according to this they don't anyway :$ - or we play more than them, whatever!! It says variety gauge, 24% O_O.

By variety I mean genres and older songs from popular artists, Radio 1 and other radios like that tend to play more new and chart music and although hxl does this too I think we have a bigger mix, a thing that a lot of DJs do which is good is play older songs from new artists such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc. We certainly play more than stations like Radio 1 so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Shar
27-10-2010, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with the comments made about the variety, i have noticed this and myself do play a hell of a lot of chart music but thats whats requested it could be some sort of rule, i'm sure myself, gemma and matt could come up with some rules :).
That sounds like a good idea, thanks James :)

Richie
27-10-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't think they play much variety really, and according to this they don't anyway :$ - or we play more than them, whatever!! It says variety gauge, 24% O_O.

By variety I mean genres and older songs from popular artists, Radio 1 and other radios like that tend to play more new and chart music and although hxl does this too I think we have a bigger mix, a thing that a lot of DJs do which is good is play older songs from new artists such as Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc. We certainly play more than stations like Radio 1 so I don't think there's much to worry about.

Yeah, habboxlive have more of a variety than radio one. :rolleyes:

Shar
27-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Yeah, habboxlive have more of a variety than radio one. :rolleyes:
LOL, Sam, I think people meant that Radio 1 has more variety than hxl :P

sammy
27-10-2010, 02:19 PM
I don't think it does lol...

http://comparemyradio.com/stations/BBC_Radio_1

Variety gauge: 24%
Total Unique Tracks: 1125
Total Tracks Played: 4773

That means that every song they play in a month has been played approximately 3 times.. imo we have more of a variety than that, and way more than 1000 unique tracks played it in a month.

Heart is even worse and we certainly have more variety than they do: http://comparemyradio.com/stations/Heart_London

Capital is terrible: http://comparemyradio.com/stations/Capital_FM

giltinux
27-10-2010, 02:43 PM
i agree

Gina
27-10-2010, 04:16 PM
This.

HxL needs more of a variety, when I tune in its all chart music which really gets boring after a while.

When you listen to the chart show, you just hear all the over played songs get played again? :S

despect
27-10-2010, 04:22 PM
When you listen to the chart show, you just hear all the over played songs get played again? :S

which is what we will try to sort. :)

Richie
27-10-2010, 05:35 PM

That means that every song they play in a month has been played approximately 3 times.. imo we have more of a variety than that, and way more than 1000 unique tracks played it in a month.

Heart is even worse and we certainly have more variety than they do: http://comparemyradio.com/stations/Heart_London

You have no argument, your making assumptions. Come back when you have habboxlives variety gauge.

AgnesIO
27-10-2010, 06:06 PM

I cannot believe a (15/17 year old?) person on hxf is trying to put across that hxl has more variety than bbc 1 lol

sammy
27-10-2010, 06:09 PM
You have no argument, your making assumptions. Come back when you have habboxlives variety gauge.

Yes I am but that's just what I think, which is ultimately what the feedback forum is for? :P

I cannot believe a (15/17 year old?) person on hxf is trying to put across that hxl has more variety than bbc 1 lol

Maybe not as much as Radio 1, but certainly more than some real radio stations!

Richie
27-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Maybe not as much as Radio 1, but certainly more than some real radio stations!

I don't believe that for a second, get with reality already.

Calvin
27-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Yes I am but that's just what I think, which is ultimately what the feedback forum is for? :P

Maybe not as much as Radio 1, but certainly more than some real radio stations!What stations?

sammy
27-10-2010, 06:26 PM
I don't believe that for a second, get with reality already.

Whatever you say :).

What i'm trying to say is that obviously it's a problem but I think it's a problem with other Habbo radios and real life ones too. According to James HxL management will be putting more rules in place to stop it so hopefully it will improve.

gangstaagent1
28-10-2010, 11:26 AM
There is one chart show, there used to be 2. I think the one chart show is fine as there are some music that don't get played thats in there. Depending from what country we're featuring also, that depends on what songs we play.

lemons
16-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Heyya ;)
I Noticed When I Tune Into Habboxlive, There Is Alot Of Songs That Get Played Over And Over By Each DJ
When I Asked My Mate What Do You Like In A Radio, Someone Said Everyday/Hour Theres A Different Variaty and Different Topics :)

I Think On The Panel There Should Be Like A Tool Where DJ's Can View The Last DJ's Songs From The Whole Hour? :)
It May Sound Abit Silly, But It Gets Really Annoying If You Just Listen And The Same Song Gets Played Over and Over Again ;)

wow u typed like a **** LMFAO

Gina
16-11-2014, 12:00 PM
wow u typed like a **** LMFAO

omg I WAS 11 PLEASE STOP

Evanora
16-11-2014, 12:01 PM
Yes I Do Agreee With What Your Saying But I Personally Enjoy Listeing To These Songs :')

Calum0812
16-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Thread closed due to bump.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!