PDA

View Full Version : when the phone rings, i die.

Ardemax
25-10-2010, 05:41 PM
ok the title might be slightly misleading but i need help with the 360 and phoneline

right ok, so basically im with BT and have a hub and everything and when im on the 360 and a phone rings and is picked up, the broadband goes all funny and i get disconnected (annoyingly).

i have heard of ASDL filters but will they really work? i think i have them in place anyway

we're switching to sky on the 1st november and hoping things will improve

help anyone? :D

Edited by HotelUser (Forum Moderator): Thread moved from "Console and Computer Gaming" as I feel it should get a better response here.

Johno
25-10-2010, 07:02 PM
that's really strange, if you have filters attached to the line then it should be okay. can't really explain why that is happening!

Robbie
25-10-2010, 07:16 PM
This happened with me recently (not on BT Broadband) and it turned out to be a dodgy microfilter. Replace the microfilter you have.

Arron
25-10-2010, 07:35 PM
happened to me ages ago when we had Tiscali (lol) we later upgraded to Sky and we've never had a problem with it.

Recursion
25-10-2010, 07:39 PM
You MUST have an ADSL filter otherwise things like this will happen, there will be noise on the phone line during phone calls etc. If you don't have one between the master socket and your HomeHub get one, if you do, replace it.

N!ck
25-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Make sure there's a filter for every phone in the house. Otherwise it's a faulty filter.

Ardemax
25-10-2010, 08:10 PM
there's no like noise when you're chatting on the phone, just like, the broadband goes dodgy and i dont know if you know the bt homehub, but usually everything is meant to be blue and the wireless icon goes off completely and broadband flashes orange.

strange rly.

thanks for the help so far

Richie
26-10-2010, 03:00 PM
This kept on happening to me, I just ordered a dsl filter, please god let it work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!