PDA

View Full Version : [Urgent] HELP!

Firehorse
27-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Playing minecraft and my screen went fuzzy coloured and then cut to black. At first I thought my graphics card must have overheated or something but when restarting I still get this!

http://i55.tinypic.com/2lld5bo.jpg

Windows won't load in normal mode it just goes through a blue screen (or multicoloured in this case) and restarts itself.

My pc has been going abnormally slow on startup for a couple of weeks now and i've been checking almost daily to find the source of the problem but with no luck. I ran an all day defrag which also didn't help.

+REP to anyone who can help me fix this!!! I really don't want to have to format my hard drive as this would be a nightmare.

Stephen!
27-10-2010, 07:20 PM
The GPU is definitely borked. If it artifacts (those blue lines) before it gets in to Windows then you can say it's pretty much broken and will need replacing.

Firehorse
27-10-2010, 07:30 PM
Seems to be working fine now, I left it off to rest for a while. Really gave me a shock though, will deffo be backing up my files once more :P

Stephen!
27-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Maybe it was overheating.

Firehorse
27-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Could have been, but i'm doubtful since i've had it previously overclocked to it's maximum capacity without it having any problems in demanding games.

Recursion
27-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Could have been, but i'm doubtful since i've had it previously overclocked to it's maximum capacity without it having any problems in demanding games.

It doesn't work like that though, you have to remember age and (especially) overclocking will put strain on the components. Have you taken the heatsink shroud off recently and cleared the heatsink of your GPU? It definitely looks borked though and if it happens again I'd start looking at replacing it.

Also monitor temperatures for a while.

Firehorse
27-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Hmm yeh, it's happened again twice more and now it isn't going away. And it's refusing to run well on the integrated graphics.

Lucky I have a spare graphics card lying around somewhere...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!